LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

rude


Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2019, 10:20 AM   #1
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,291
rude

girl iv been seeing for a few dates i sent a video clip of me playing golf with my friend. im not very good but he is. she is also quite good so i sent her the video so she could give me a few pointers.

anyways she texted back saying me and him were like the inbetweeneers. that is not somethinf u say to a guy u just know and like? quite harsh and i was a bit annoyed about that.
fred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 10:30 AM   #2
Established Member
 
Happy Lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sunny Southwest
Posts: 2,159
If you want good golf pointers, schedule a lesson with the head pro at the local course.

Golf is a one-upmanship type of sport and this woman is just doing what the majority of golfers do.

Some people take their golf game way to seriously... She may be one of them.
__________________
All of my posts are my opinion based on my own experiences. Feel Free to disagree with me, this rodent has thick skin.
Happy Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 10:44 AM   #3
Established Member
 
smackie9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surrey BC Canada
Posts: 15,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lemming View Post
If you want good golf pointers, schedule a lesson with the head pro at the local course.

Golf is a one-upmanship type of sport and this woman is just doing what the majority of golfers do.

Some people take their golf game way to seriously... She may be one of them.
This^^^^100%
__________________

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 11:05 AM   #4
Established Member
 
losangelena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: L.A.
Posts: 4,294
Why should a woman you’ve been out with a handful of times be obligated to give you golf pointers? Pay a professional to do that.
losangelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 1:52 PM   #5
Established Member
 
kendahke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: 38.978447, -77.018515
Posts: 7,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred123 View Post
girl iv been seeing for a few dates i sent a video clip of me playing golf with my friend. im not very good but he is. she is also quite good so i sent her the video so she could give me a few pointers.

anyways she texted back saying me and him were like the inbetweeneers. that is not somethinf u say to a guy u just know and like? quite harsh and i was a bit annoyed about that.
If a dude said that to you, would you still be that shook?
__________________
If the person you're with treats you in any way other than well, and you keep sticking around trying to make it work, you're no longer a victim of what they're doing--you're a volunteer. ~ Derrick Jaxn
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 3:03 PM   #6
Established Member
 
GorillaTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,874
Sounds to me like she was just good-naturedly jerking you around a little. I don't see a reason to get all offended about it.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 3:06 PM   #7
Established Member
 
d0nnivain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeastern USA
Posts: 32,765
I don't know what an "inbetweener" is so I'm not sure why you found it offensive.

Also since you think the guy you were playing golf with is a better player then you & she put you both in the same category, maybe it was her way of saying you are better than you think you are.

But since you asked for pointers, you had to expect that you would be given constructive criticism. It sounds like you didn't get that -- you know don't pick your head up, rotate the club face etc. but if you were looking for that, it would have been wrong of her to blow sunshine up your b**t & tell you that you are a fantastic player when you are not.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 4:20 PM   #8
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,324
You're a hack and she gave you a ribbing because of it. If you can't take a joke, you're going to have a hard time in life.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 4:44 PM   #9
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Antipodes
Posts: 11,854
Sounds like she was ribbing you. This is the problem with text communication - you lose tone of delivery.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 7:13 PM   #10
Established Member
 
elaine567's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 16,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
I don't know what an "inbetweener" is so I'm not sure why you found it offensive.
Inbetweeeners a UK comedy series about teenage lads.
"The programme involves situations of school life, uncaring school staff, friendship, male bonding, lad culture and largely failed sexual encounters."
It is cringe comedy, the antics of the main characters are cringeworthy, that being the main joke.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 7:18 PM   #11
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 8,169
Ah, I had no idea what it was either... thanks for the explanation.
__________________
If they love you, you will know. If they don't, you will wonder all the time if they do...
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 9:36 PM   #12
Established Member
 
d0nnivain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeastern USA
Posts: 32,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
Inbetweeeners a UK comedy series about teenage lads.
"The programme involves situations of school life, uncaring school staff, friendship, male bonding, lad culture and largely failed sexual encounters."
It is cringe comedy, the antics of the main characters are cringeworthy, that being the main joke.
Thank you, elaine567.

Now I understand why you felt insulted fred123. Such a comment was uncalled for. I thought she was saying you were in between a good player & a bad one. Even if you were acting silly or childish while you were playing a round of golf with your chum, that's allowed. Perhaps she is too serious?
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 9:54 PM   #13
Established Member
 
Happy Lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sunny Southwest
Posts: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
I thought she was saying you were in between a good player & a bad one.
That was my assumption, as well.

At one point in my life, I was the Controller of a golf course. I never played, but I heard so much hollering, carrying on, complaining and moaning over a little white ball. Grown men acting like little children, fussing & fighting over everything, pin placement, the length of the greens, cart path only for the golf carts (during certain times), pace of play, etc. etc.. I thought it was supposed to be fun.

And yes, some people take it way too seriously!!
Happy Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 10:02 PM   #14
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Thank you, elaine567.

Now I understand why you felt insulted fred123. Such a comment was uncalled for. I thought she was saying you were in between a good player & a bad one. Even if you were acting silly or childish while you were playing a round of golf with your chum, that's allowed. Perhaps she is too serious?

Totally disagree. It's an even MORE appropriate comment, and hilarious.

If I was dating a professional ice skater (wouldn't that be nice), and I sent her a video of myself ice skating with a buddy, she's going to double over laughing, and I would be ripe for such comment because it would be true. I'm terrible, and I have no problem admitting that. I would laugh alongside her.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 10:08 PM   #15
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 1,203
I see good-natured playful ribbing on her part, extreme hypersensitivity and insecurity on your part. Do you typically offend very easily? Might want to work on that.
Normm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do you think this was rude? angel eyes Archive 1 19th May 2001 10:30 PM
Am I a freak or is she's rude? Somewhat Healed Archive 1 1st October 2000 9:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 3:01 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.