LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

rude

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2019, 10:20 AM   #1
Established Member

rude

girl iv been seeing for a few dates i sent a video clip of me playing golf with my friend. im not very good but he is. she is also quite good so i sent her the video so she could give me a few pointers.

anyways she texted back saying me and him were like the inbetweeneers. that is not somethinf u say to a guy u just know and like? quite harsh and i was a bit annoyed about that.
fred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 10:30 AM   #2
Established Member

If you want good golf pointers, schedule a lesson with the head pro at the local course.

Golf is a one-upmanship type of sport and this woman is just doing what the majority of golfers do.

Some people take their golf game way to seriously... She may be one of them.
Old 12th March 2019, 10:44 AM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lemming View Post
If you want good golf pointers, schedule a lesson with the head pro at the local course.

Golf is a one-upmanship type of sport and this woman is just doing what the majority of golfers do.

Some people take their golf game way to seriously... She may be one of them.
This^^^^100%

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 11:05 AM   #4
Established Member

Why should a woman you’ve been out with a handful of times be obligated to give you golf pointers? Pay a professional to do that.
losangelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 1:52 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred123 View Post
girl iv been seeing for a few dates i sent a video clip of me playing golf with my friend. im not very good but he is. she is also quite good so i sent her the video so she could give me a few pointers.

anyways she texted back saying me and him were like the inbetweeneers. that is not somethinf u say to a guy u just know and like? quite harsh and i was a bit annoyed about that.
If a dude said that to you, would you still be that shook?
If the person you're with treats you in any way other than well, and you keep sticking around trying to make it work, you're no longer a victim of what they're doing--you're a volunteer. ~ Derrick Jaxn
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 3:03 PM   #6
Established Member

Sounds to me like she was just good-naturedly jerking you around a little. I don't see a reason to get all offended about it.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 3:06 PM   #7
Established Member

I don't know what an "inbetweener" is so I'm not sure why you found it offensive.

Also since you think the guy you were playing golf with is a better player then you & she put you both in the same category, maybe it was her way of saying you are better than you think you are.

But since you asked for pointers, you had to expect that you would be given constructive criticism. It sounds like you didn't get that -- you know don't pick your head up, rotate the club face etc. but if you were looking for that, it would have been wrong of her to blow sunshine up your b**t & tell you that you are a fantastic player when you are not.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 4:20 PM   #8
Established Member

You're a hack and she gave you a ribbing because of it. If you can't take a joke, you're going to have a hard time in life.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 4:44 PM   #9
Established Member

Sounds like she was ribbing you. This is the problem with text communication - you lose tone of delivery.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 7:13 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
I don't know what an "inbetweener" is so I'm not sure why you found it offensive.
Inbetweeeners a UK comedy series about teenage lads.
"The programme involves situations of school life, uncaring school staff, friendship, male bonding, lad culture and largely failed sexual encounters."
It is cringe comedy, the antics of the main characters are cringeworthy, that being the main joke.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 7:18 PM   #11
Established Member

Ah, I had no idea what it was either... thanks for the explanation.
Old 12th March 2019, 9:36 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
Inbetweeeners a UK comedy series about teenage lads.
"The programme involves situations of school life, uncaring school staff, friendship, male bonding, lad culture and largely failed sexual encounters."
It is cringe comedy, the antics of the main characters are cringeworthy, that being the main joke.
Thank you, elaine567.

Now I understand why you felt insulted fred123. Such a comment was uncalled for. I thought she was saying you were in between a good player & a bad one. Even if you were acting silly or childish while you were playing a round of golf with your chum, that's allowed. Perhaps she is too serious?
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 9:54 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
I thought she was saying you were in between a good player & a bad one.
That was my assumption, as well.

At one point in my life, I was the Controller of a golf course. I never played, but I heard so much hollering, carrying on, complaining and moaning over a little white ball. Grown men acting like little children, fussing & fighting over everything, pin placement, the length of the greens, cart path only for the golf carts (during certain times), pace of play, etc. etc.. I thought it was supposed to be fun.

And yes, some people take it way too seriously!!
Happy Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 10:02 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Thank you, elaine567.

Now I understand why you felt insulted fred123. Such a comment was uncalled for. I thought she was saying you were in between a good player & a bad one. Even if you were acting silly or childish while you were playing a round of golf with your chum, that's allowed. Perhaps she is too serious?

Totally disagree. It's an even MORE appropriate comment, and hilarious.

If I was dating a professional ice skater (wouldn't that be nice), and I sent her a video of myself ice skating with a buddy, she's going to double over laughing, and I would be ripe for such comment because it would be true. I'm terrible, and I have no problem admitting that. I would laugh alongside her.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 10:08 PM   #15
Established Member

I see good-natured playful ribbing on her part, extreme hypersensitivity and insecurity on your part. Do you typically offend very easily? Might want to work on that.
Normm is offline   Reply With Quote