LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

GF doesn't like Marijuana

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2019, 6:11 AM   #16

You arenít taking marijuana medicinally...youíve been smoking pot daily for years. So pick one - the relationship or the weed.
Old 12th March 2019, 7:36 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coup La-La View Post
From her own admission she can't name one specific way in which weed has negatively influenced my life.
I would think your relationship faltering and having issues over this would be a negative, not seeing that is denial.

Because someone drinks excessively doesn't mean it has caused any negative influences in their life till their wife leaves them or they get a DUI or whatever....

You seem to sell her on the idea that all is good but she knows the truth...
What you need to do is talk to her and LISTEN instead of selling her on the idea that it is only pot and Alcohol is worse...

Talk to her and LISTEN to her, find out how pot is really affecting you and your relationship.
Old 12th March 2019, 7:41 AM   #18
Established Member

Girlfriend or marijuana - take your pick.

She doesn't want a pot head around any kids she may have.
You can argue all day but there are usually two camps - pro and anti drugs and they don't mix well and they don't compromise either.
Old 12th March 2019, 8:20 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Me smoking everyday is more like diabetics who take insulin everyday, or people with heart disease that take blood thinners everyday (both of which can potently be lethal with improper use, unlike Marijuana, but nobody would call that and "addiction" or a "vice")
You sure are working hard to rationalize and justify. Brain tumor, eh? Please forgive my skepticism if you actually do have a brain tumor, but it sounds awfully convenient given your previous thread and the fact that the issue/deception with respect to the girlfriend predates it. Isn't it wonderful that the substance that you were already engrossed with is just what the doctor ordered.

Quote:
On the issue of compromise, I would be willing to set aside certain days of the week to not smoke, or certain times of the day [maybe only when she's asleep].
Dude, you are not an exception. You're apparently messed up all day, every day. I wouldn't want to date anyone like that, and I think your gf is the one seeing things with a clear head. Why not try sobriety for a few months and see what it's like ĖĖ you may actually like yourself better if you got to know yourself that way.
Old 12th March 2019, 8:37 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Do they have a less pungent smell?
A vape pen has no smell at all because it’s vapor. Your gf needs to educate herself on medicinal uses of marijuana. It’s well-known these days.
Old 12th March 2019, 8:38 AM   #21
Established Member

Well , if you do need it medically as well especially for something as serious as that she must be one selfish ahh, to be causing you this grief over it.
lf you don't but just enjoy it , big so what from my view unless your a real pot head, they'd give anyone the shyts but if it's only one a day or few days or weeks, no different to having a beer and l personally wouldn't give it up if that's all it is just because she doesn't approve.
Do you think if you just went outside for a smoke once a day she'd get use to it , or vape. Btw , you serious , your ex's actually call up asking for sex , got yaself some real ladies there, not.

Last edited by chillii; 12th March 2019 at 8:42 AM..
Old 12th March 2019, 8:44 AM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
How do we come to a compromise on this?
You don't. Drug use is one of those black & white deal breakers. There is no compromise. It may be marijuana, it may be alcohol, for some people it may be meat eating. What it is does not matter. What matters is that one of you is pro this behavior & the other doesn't like it. That makes you incompatible.

I am very sorry that you are using this for medical reasons for a serious condition. Perhaps if you tell her that she will soften her stance but for some people, me included, any self medicating behavior without the proper prescriptions is a non starter & I don't want that behavior in my life. For example, alcohol is legal but somebody who drinks to avoid dealing with life is not somebody I want to be around.
Old 12th March 2019, 10:12 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallysbears View Post
You arenít taking marijuana medicinally...youíve been smoking pot daily for years. So pick one - the relationship or the weed.
I used the think marijuana was bad, until I researched the facts. The whole reason I started smoking in the first place was because of chronic nausea that has plagued me my whole life (as well as most people in my family as well), and to help my sleep be more regular (a problem I've had literally since the day I was born).

And I believe there is a way to have both, I refuse to give up that which makes my life a lot east - OR - the woman I love, over these stupid myths.
Old 12th March 2019, 10:22 AM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_Critic View Post
I would think your relationship faltering and having issues over this would be a negative, not seeing that is denial.

You seem to sell her on the idea that all is good but she knows the truth...
What you need to do is talk to her and LISTEN instead of selling her on the idea that it is only pot and Alcohol is worse...

Talk to her and LISTEN to her, find out how pot is really affecting you and your relationship.
That's a self fulfilling prophecy > Could you imagine someone on the show INTERVENTION say "I've seen your addiction affect you the following ways: I don't like the smell...I can't name anything else"

I've spoken to her about it, and she can't name any specifics about why Marijuana is bad. I've shown her scientific papers, and scholarly articles, and instead of refuting with other scientific evidence, she just uses catch phrases like "addiction" or "you're making excuses" .....I don't think my health is an "excuse"

Why do you take Asprin everyday
Because I get a lot of headaches, and it reduces the chances of a heart attack
You're making excuses
Old 12th March 2019, 10:30 AM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
She doesn't want a pot head around any kids she may have.
You can argue all day but there are usually two camps - pro and anti drugs and they don't mix well and they don't compromise either.
That's not always accurate, I've actually never dated a girl that smoked before. in fact 1/2 of my exes were dead set against weed, but we always made lasting compromise. Those relationships didn't last, but it had nothing to do with weed i.e. My Ex that started off "I don't even want to be FB friends with people who smoke weed" broke up with me after ultimatum "marry me, or we're done"

My dad smoked cigarettes for decades, my mother hated it....but they made a compromise (I'm glad he stopped though). If they can make a compromise about something that causes 1,200 deaths a day, I refuse to believe we can't make a compromise about something that saves lives.
Old 12th March 2019, 10:33 AM   #26
Established Member

If you have a brain tumor and have legitimate need for medical marijuana, shouldn’t you go to a doctor and get the appropriate prescription, instead of self-medicating yourself?
Old 12th March 2019, 10:40 AM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salparadise View Post
You sure are working hard to rationalize and justify. Brain tumor, eh? Please forgive my skepticism if you actually do have a brain tumor, but it sounds awfully convenient given your previous thread and the fact that the issue/deception with respect to the girlfriend predates it. Isn't it wonderful that the substance that you were already engrossed with is just what the doctor ordered.

Dude, you are not an exception. You're apparently messed up all day, every day. I wouldn't want to date anyone like that, and I think your gf is the one seeing things with a clear head. Why not try sobriety for a few months and see what it's like ĖĖ you may actually like yourself better if you got to know yourself that way.
* My brain tumor is 100% real, I can show you the MRIs if you want, I would never joke about something so serious
* As I stated earlier, I started smoking to treat my nausea problems, after I had researched it for months, the only other thing that helps me anywhere near as much as weed is my Rx made for AIDS and cancer patients....which makes me too drowsy to go to work or even drive. Why should I have to choose between not getting paid or being too sick to do my job at 100% level all the time?
* I used to live in a country where possession of weed was a very serious crime, that could get you serious jail time. I didn't smoke for a year. My cognitive abilities were no better, my basic personality structure was no different. I thought that it might make a big difference, so I tested these things regularly. When I came back home, my friends and family members didn't believe that I went without for a year, because they didn't notice anything different.
Old 12th March 2019, 10:41 AM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
That's not always accurate, I've actually never dated a girl that smoked before. in fact 1/2 of my exes were dead set against weed, but we always made lasting compromise. Those relationships didn't last, but it had nothing to do with weed i.e. My Ex that started off "I don't even want to be FB friends with people who smoke weed" broke up with me after ultimatum "marry me, or we're done"

My dad smoked cigarettes for decades, my mother hated it....but they made a compromise (I'm glad he stopped though). If they can make a compromise about something that causes 1,200 deaths a day, I refuse to believe we can't make a compromise about something that saves lives.
You are in denial. You are fighting because it's incompatibility. It's easy to see things are starting to unravel. I'm an old gal, I can see it from here you two don't have what it takes to last for the long haul because I have been there. And like I always say in these threads, smoking weed is a lifestyle. If your lifestyles don't fit, you are not compatible. Your GF is waiting for you to quit. You are not going to quit, you make all these excuses, and I know you can live without it, so there you have it. It's either the pot or her.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
Old 12th March 2019, 10:41 AM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathtub-row View Post
A vape pen has no smell at all because itís vapor. Your gf needs to educate herself on medicinal uses of marijuana. Itís well-known these days.
Thank you for you practical advise, I think I'm gonna buy one and test it out. Is there a particular brand or company you would recommenced?
Old 12th March 2019, 10:43 AM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillii View Post
you serious , your ex's actually call up asking for sex , got yaself some real ladies there, not.
lol, My D is just that good