What works best for you: online dating sites, hookup apps or hookup sites?

swenann991

In the past 4-5 years, I tried (and I am still using) many hookup apps and casual sex sites to arrange hook-ups.

Tried almost everything but not I am on 4 hookup sites and 2 apps (Tinder and Pure). For me a bit better are sites than apps, I am having an impression that is a bit lower competition on sites. On the other side, I have the impression that 9/10 and 10/10 guys, bang all girls on apps.

I am interested to hear what you say, what working better for you when it comes to finding some casual sex partners: sites or apps?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Just go outside and walk down the street lol :lmao:

I never was into just casual but most people I know who are have lots of luck with tinder. The only thing is the casual sex only lasts for about two months before each person begins to look for something else.

But if you want a long term casual sex partner maybe a site would be better. Idk bc it seems like people Online keep shopping for others whether or not they are happy with their current situations.

Good luck )

Well, that is nice, since that is "old school" way, but I am interested to hear about those 21st century things :)

It is old school 'cause it works. New isn't necessarily improved. I was so not impressed with anybody I met on line. It made me run back to the tried & true methods.

• Like 1

None of the above.

What works best for me is when a man approaches a woman *casually* and strikes up a conversation. After all, he too needs to explore whether he is interested in this woman beyond her appearance.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1
Highroller107

I tried tinder for hookups, but the guys are just shady and I don’t like the idea of a guy not doing “any work” to try to impress me to get into my pants. It shouldn’t be that easy for him to get puuessy. My last hookup was at a bar last year. From now on if I’m in need of a hookup I’m going to hit the bars clubs. I like when guys approach me and say witty things to me, at least he will try to work on his game.

Well, that is nice, since that is "old school" way, but I am interested to hear about those 21st century things

They're listing what works.

As you can see, your 21st century methods aren't getting the job done for you. Time to retool and approach it differently.

• Author
They're listing what works.

As you can see, your 21st century methods aren't getting the job done for you. Time to retool and approach it differently.

Well, this makes sense... :)

• Author
Festivals, concerts, bars and nightclubs.

I understand bars and night clubs, but please explain what you mean when you said festivals and concerts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Iris The Butterfly

Even though I met my current bf of 5.5 months on a dating app (Bumble), I’m still not a fan of it. I’m hoping I’ll never have to go back!! I’ve had too many negative experiences and wastes of time. I also have been ghosted too many times from the dating apps. I met a couple nice guys but they were the exception. I met some nice guys on Match and Bumble. I met a lot of guys looking to hook up or collect numbers and IG followers too.

I think best place to meet someone is the old fashioned way- be it through mutual friends, in person, etc. I met my last serious bf while I was on vacation.

It’s those moments of fate that I think are more substantial and meaningful.

Or- if you’re just looking to multi date and hook up and want variety- all the dating apps will provide that.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
swenann991
Even though I met my current bf of 5.5 months on a dating app (Bumble), I’m still not a fan of it. I’m hoping I’ll never have to go back!! I’ve had too many negative experiences and wastes of time. I also have been ghosted too many times from the dating apps. I met a couple nice guys but they were the exception. I met some nice guys on Match and Bumble. I met a lot of guys looking to hook up or collect numbers and IG followers too.

I think best place to meet someone is the old fashioned way- be it through mutual friends, in person, etc. I met my last serious bf while I was on vacation.

It’s those moments of fate that I think are more substantial and meaningful.

Or- if you’re just looking to multi date and hook up and want variety- all the dating apps will provide that.

littlebridge, thanks for sharing honest opinion and experience :)