Why does she bring up another sex affair she’s had all the time?

thr1986

I’ve been seeing someone for about 5 months. You may have read my other posts about her. I need to decide if I’m crazy and being too sensitive or if I have legitimate concerns.

She has brought up this guy who lives overseas several times and told me that she knows him because she was visiting his city and met him and had a 5 day passionate sex affair with him. Honestly, I have no clue why she would bring this guy up to me. He doesn’t even live in the USA, I’ll nwvrr meet him and it happened way before I even met her. There’s no reason for her to tell me about him.

Anyways, yesterday she explained that she was asked to give a talk for this sex education event her friend hosts and she told me she was going to tell the story about him and her passionate 5 day affair with him.

This just seems like a weird thing to do. Am I being too sensitive or is she playing games and manipulating me?

I've always thought it was kinda cool when a gunslinger had notches on his gun grip in TV shows, but notches on a bed post are crass . . .

• Like 4

If she has been asked to do a talk about her sex life and she is going to bring up her 5 day fling at the talk then I guess she is giving you a heads up, in case you found out from someone else that she talked about it at the event.

Is this women totally dense? Does she think you want to know about her experiences with Chad and riding the carousel? Wow...alpha widow in the making here. I would be totally turned off. You should talk about a girl that looks nothing like her and the crazy sex romp you had with this woman. How great it was and how you can't wait to tell all of your new friends :laugh:

• Like 2

Clearly, the affair was a wonderful sexual and emotional experience in her life. And I'm guessing that she's pretty sex-positive so she doesn't mind sharing that information. On top of that, the fact that she talks about it may indicate it's less of an issue, since if it were a bigger deal to her, she'd probably hide it (note, this is under the assumption that she won't be seeing him again...because if she were, the opposite is likely true).

So on her side, she's comfortable sharing what she considers a wonderful physical and (to some extent) emotional experience with you. If you feel that is inappropriate, I would tell her...nicely.

"Sweetie...I'm glad you had a good time with Dolph when you were in Amsterdam and I am even more glad that you feel comfortable sharing it with me, but I think I've gotten all I can out of you sharing it and you continuing to reminisce is not making me feel great. So...maybe after your talk next week, put the remembrance away for a while? And also, how do you feel about pho for dinner tonight?"

Did you ask why she failed to manipulate the foreign guy into paying for her IVF and donating his sperm and paying child support for 18 years?

• Like 2
I’ve been seeing someone for about 5 months. You may have read my other posts about her. I need to decide if I’m crazy and being too sensitive or if I have legitimate concerns.

She has brought up this guy who lives overseas several times and told me that she knows him because she was visiting his city and met him and had a 5 day passionate sex affair with him. Honestly, I have no clue why she would bring this guy up to me. He doesn’t even live in the USA, I’ll nwvrr meet him and it happened way before I even met her. There’s no reason for her to tell me about him.

Anyways, yesterday she explained that she was asked to give a talk for this sex education event her friend hosts and she told me she was going to tell the story about him and her passionate 5 day affair with him.

This just seems like a weird thing to do. Am I being too sensitive or is she playing games and manipulating me?

She sounds like an insensitive boorish git.

Have you and she had sex yet? Maybe she's "priming the pump"? Some girls think that talking about sex with other men makes guys jealous and to someone like that, jealousy = passion.... IOW--she's messed up in the head and will put you through the meat grinder the more you deal with her.

• Like 4

NEXT!!! No need to put up with ignorant behavior...

I will keep saying it until you get it...

DUMP THIS WOMAN!!!!!

Man, what is with you? Get rid of this cancer of a person.....

Edited by Juha
  • Like 3
ilikepotatoes33

It seems insensitive and also annoying. The guy i'm in a relationship with has had the habit of telling me about his past sexual encounters any time something reminded him of those times. I had to tell him to stop doing it. I have tried to find an explanation for this and it's probably just a strange way in which they validate themselves. :confused: Or maybe she is creating a whole fantasy about this mysterious guy and most probably still thinks about him. Either way, it is rude, childish and inconsiderate.

• Author

We have been together 5 months. Almost 6. She’s telling me she wants to get married. I’ve told her the same thing. We’re serious, quickly. Regarding the guy. She sometimes texts with him. She was texting with him recently when we were going out to dinner. She actually told me, I’m texting him and the reason was that he apparently just went through a break up and she felt bad for him. She also showed me a picture of him. Without me asking, she just showed him to me. I don’t get why she would do that. I would never tell her about someone I used to sleep with and then unsolicited show her a photo of him. That would make her feel bad, right?

Am I being too sensitive or so I have a right to feel this way?

• Author

Also, keep in mind. I have not even remotely acted jealous or even asked her any questions about him. I just listen and respond normally like nothing is wrong or bothering me About it.

Turning point

Wow. You are being chumped in the worst way. You're going to marry a girl who has already friend-zoned you?

Women brag about their extra-marital and extra-relational sexual exploits with their FRIENDS not their husband. If you stay with this girl, you'll get to take care of her financial and household needs while her European stud and other men take care of her sexual needs. She's conditioning you to it by training you upfront to be okay with this sh*t.

Good luck with that.

• Like 4
Ruby Slippers

She has no class and is disrespecting you. Not so many years ago, a woman publicly broadcasting her sexcapades would be branded a tramp. If it were me, I'd move on.

• Like 2
some_username1
She has no class and is disrespecting you. Not so many years ago, a woman publicly broadcasting her sexcapades would be branded a tramp. If it were me, I'd move on.

I get where you are coming from, unfortunately these days it's a moot point as this sort of cuckoldry has been rebranded as 'female empowerment' and is considered a positive thing. No doubt her friends, rather than talking some sense into her for disrespecting her other half are pumping their fists from.the sidelines and shouting "you go grrrrl!".

The last thread should have been enough for OP, the fact he is putting up with even more nonsense means he is in it for the long haul now and probably saving up for the IVF.

• Like 2
Ruby Slippers

If he proceeds, this woman won't respect him and he'll be in for a world of pain down the line. She already doesn't respect you. If she did, she wouldn't be boasting about her past sex life.

Disregard the almost unanimous warnings you've received in this thread at your own peril.

• Like 2
We have been together 5 months. Almost 6. She’s telling me she wants to get married. I’ve told her the same thing. We’re serious, quickly. Regarding the guy. She sometimes texts with him. She was texting with him recently when we were going out to dinner. She actually told me, I’m texting him and the reason was that he apparently just went through a break up and she felt bad for him. She also showed me a picture of him. Without me asking, she just showed him to me. I don’t get why she would do that. I would never tell her about someone I used to sleep with and then unsolicited show her a photo of him. That would make her feel bad, right?

Am I being too sensitive or so I have a right to feel this way?

Hahaha - seriously? WOW. You are being treated like a doormat, and you are welcoming it. Get a spine, man. Seriously. And, this woman is NOT marriage material.

• Like 1

DESPERATE!!! That is not how you want to be and is why you are with this woman. I am guessing you can't or don't get many women, so you stay with this awful woman because you are desperate....

HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR YOURSELF AND DUMP THIS WOMAN...

• Like 1
  • Author

I know it may be annoying to everyone that I keep asking these questions. But the tough part is that every time I address something she has a response that makes it seem harmless. Maybe I just donÂ’t know a normal relationship looks like. This girl can be very sweet. But maybe also this things IÂ’m describing are just too big of flags?