How to know if guy in yoga class likes me

csgirl2000

I having been taking yoga classes at my school's gym for a few semesters. This semester a boy starting going to a class I go to. He does not talk to any of the other students. He dresses really well and you can tell he takes care of himself so I am not sure if he is straight. He does not stare or make eye contact with anyone during the class he just watches the instructor. After class he immediately packs up and leaves. So I don't know how to tell if he is single or would be into me? Also he was talking to the instructor and she asked him how old he was and he was 22, does him being older than me matter?

Don't worry about it. Just start chit-chatting with him. See how he responds. If he is too "scared of girls" then you are wasting your time anyway. If he isn't straight then it won't be hard to figure that out, you may know that as soon as he opens his mouth.

• Like 1
  • Author
Don't worry about it. Just start chit-chatting with him. See how he responds. If he is too "scared of girls" then you are wasting your time anyway. If he isn't straight then it won't be hard to figure that out, you may know that as soon as he opens his mouth.

So just talk to him before class and if he does not take the lead from there drop it.

Doesn't sound like he's trying to socialize there. Could be married, engaged, gay, or simply not find a bunch of sweaty farting yoga classmates attractive. You can always say hi.

• Like 2

He's not a social kind of guy or he would be making eye contact/interacting/chatting. He's only there to take a class, and that's it.

• Like 1
mortensorchid

If you want to find out, make eye contact with him at least once, say "Hello" and smile at him. He might just do the same back. Next time when you do so if he doesn't make any effort at conversation, then he's not interested in the least.

• Like 1

Not common for a straight guy to take up yoga class unless he wants to meet girls. He's only 22, so perhaps he doesn't want to appear creepy by hitting on anyone outright, and is overdoing it by literally not making eye contact or saying a word to anyone.

Or maybe the one he's after is the instructor :)

Say hi to him. You'll get a much better idea from his response than any amount of speculation here.

Wow @ the gay comments.

Where I'm from, plenty of straight guys take yoga classes.

You could make convo if you like but personally I wouldn't bother with a guy who hasn't even seemed to notice me.

• Like 2

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think he's there for the yoga and nothing else. I wouldn't hit on him or approach him because you might spoil what he has in this class.

If he ever starts up a conversation or gets social, that would be the green light. But sounds like he's business only. I know I wouldn't want to be hit on when I'm practicing self-care, especially when I make it obvious that I'm there just for the class -- in and out.

And by the way, there is nothing sexier than a man whose sexuality is not threatened by what people consider "feminine" things. If I ever see a man doing yoga, best believe my boner will be hard to hide.

Edited by Hopeful30

He could be a shy kind of person and might not mind meeting you. It wouldn't hurt to talk to him and see what kind of a person he is.

I don't usually focus on my surroundings in class other than what the instructor is teaching, but wouldn't mind start talking to other girls. In fact, I'd love if one came up to me and asked me to talk with them after class or do a project together.

This is tough one. He certainly isn't giving any vibes out, he focuses on yoga and has no interest in talking or looking at anybody.

IF you choose to talk to him, wait until after class is over. Don't ask him out but just ask him how long he's been doing yoga and make small chat..Gage his reaction and watch carefully how he conducts himself towards you. You'll know by what he says and how chatty he is if he's interested.

Many straight guys do yoga, it's a healthy lifestyle.

Edited by whichwayisup