I dropped the ball

Monkeyguy8070

Monkeyguy8070

I’m casually seeing this girl we aren’t official yet. But we go on dates several times a week. Today was her daughters birthday. I knew the date of her birthday but didn’t realize that it was already the 27th. I was just off in my head with the dates and thought today’s date was only the 25th. Anyway I got to her house and we were just talking then she brings up its her daughters bday today. I was like crap I thought today was the 25th. I said I’m sorry and she said she wasn’t mad and she didn’t think I’d remember. I took her daughter to the store right away and let her pick out some presents. I again asked the mom if she was mad and she assured me that she was fine. She didn’t seem upset or anything. And she’s not the type to get worked up over little things. But I feel horrible like I let the mom and daughter down. Even though I knew the bday date I just forgot what date we were on.

Is there anything I can do? Your thoughts?

You are making a big deal out of something trivial. You are not exclusive, you're not the boyfriend, no one expected you to come in with a gift and balloons. You did enough, just don't forget her wedding day in 20 years.

I’m casually seeing this girl we aren’t official yet.

Because of this, the expectations are low. Your description of her reaction is on par with that. It would've been a bonus had you lined up the date with the birthday, but you really didn't do anything wrong. Keep doing positive things moving forward, and don't worry about it.

Edited by ShadeOfGreen

Don't worry about it she isn't forget it all is well.

l'm way more concerned about her daughter and why she even has you around her daughter yet if your only casual dating.

How many other casuals has the poor kid had to watch come and go and how many more will she watch come and go.

Great way to bring up her daughter.

Do not understand why you are making a big deal out of this?

You are seeing this woman casually and are not even official, this is not your daughter you really do not owe her a present. A card and take her out to her favorite restaurant or a gift card to her favorite store for a small amount would be more than sufficient...

it seems like your soon to be gf is not really worried or making a big deal out of it as she probably does not expect you to do much for her daughter since you are not officially in a relationship or her father...

Never try to buy love!!!

I wish you luck

it's really not a big deal. you're fine, we all forget things every now and then. it'd be a bigger deal if you two were in a serious and committed relationship, but you're not.

anyways, stay positive and enjoy your time together.