Job and online dating profiles

MusicLova

I always included what I did but that's because even though my old jobs were garbage, most of my peers were too. You can't expect much from late teens to early 20s.

Depends on what it is - if you shared with us, it might help us make a better recommendation.

Overall, it is best to show you have some occupation. Even if it is just a vague description of what you are doing. For example, you could just enter something like "Customer Service" if you have a basic service job (i.e. gas station attendant, or whatever else). This truly isn't a "lie" so to say, as a more clever way of describing your job and what you do.

I, personally, believe your occupation on the profile sometimes can make a difference, but only with women/men who are more status-driven. As a male in his late 20s, I say with confidence that men probably do not care nearly as much about a woman's occupation as a woman might care about that of a man. Blame societal gender-norms for that one (i.e. men are providers, women raise the children, for a very crude and lack of a better way to put it). Btw, these are not my words - I literally just had this conversation with my female cousins and their friends a few months ago.

I have observed, particularly attractive, younger women (between 20-30) are more apt to have status-driven attraction, partly due to the following reason: It's pretty simple - social media and society perpetuate it (driving Range Rovers, young adults working on their 401ks, getting that new apartment/condo in a booming part of town, the list goes on and on).

If you share your occupation, perhaps we can help you out more.

-BJP

Edited by BJP1991

The argument for including that information is that you filter out people who consider your job status a deal breaker. I personally think this is a good thing, because you don't waste time talking to someone who ghosts you after they learn where you work.

There are loads of people out there who work retail, and it's only a bad job if you think it is.

God knows why anyone would even put their exact job on there but if you want to then just put retail.

That;s close enough.

• Like 1

I can only speak about Tinder and I suppose that's not really the same as other OLD sites, but I would never list my job on my profile there. I want to be as anonymous as possible there and it would be quite easy to google me with my first name, job & city. Don't want random people I didn't even match with to have that kind of information about me.

But if somebody I matched with wants to know what I do for a living, I tell him of course.

Ah, I guess my job sounds more interesting and prestiguous than it actually is anyway ;)

Most likely nothing will go past a few dates anyway but even if you did end up in a relationship with someone from a date site well she'd obviously know about your work soooo, all is well.

The argument for including that information is that you filter out people who consider your job status a deal breaker. I personally think this is a good thing, because you don't waste time talking to someone who ghosts you after they learn where you work.

There are loads of people out there who work retail, and it's only a bad job if you think it is.

i agree, it is what you make it out to be. i've worked in retail in the past and it didn't stop me from getting dates. if someone isn't cool with your current job, then it probably isn't meant to be and you can move onto someone else.

Depending on where you live matters also, if you live in or near a big city

your job and money you make is usually the deciding factor in how women choose you. Outside the big city it matters a little less as the women in and around big cities are money driven.

Unfortunately if you have a lower paying job you will not get many, any interest from women online dating...

If you are above 35 you will get zero interest from women online unless you look like a male model. Just how it goes, western women are greedy and money driven...

l'd never be interested in a woman that has money as such a priority anyway.

l've never had much money and never had any trouble finding decent women with her heart and priorities in the right place. Matter of fact l think you find a real person just leaving money out of it.

If you have a low paying job or what some consider to be a bad job, should you put it in your online dating profiles or leave it out?

Think about this question from another point of view:

"If I cannot display high 'provider' value on my online dating profile, will girls still find me attractive?"

Provider Value is only one side of the equation. It's the stuff that pop-stars write about, Hollywood wants you to become and society fights over [aka the 'rat race'].

What does the provider value look like?

- How much money/resources you have [and can spend on her]

- How devoted and loyal you can be

- How reliable and dependable you are

- How can you make her feel safe

Do you know what things aren't on that list?

- How passionate, adventurous or spontaneous you are

- How busy you are with your purpose

- How comfortable are you with women

- What sort of standards you set for the women you chose to be with

- How positive your attitude is to dating women [ie not bitter about rejection]

To think that women are only going to be attracted to your money/resources and what you can provide for her is doing it wrong.

Remember there are more variables that cause attraction. Utilise the ones you have at your disposal to boost your profile.

Eventually they will learn what you do anyway. Isn't it better to filter out those who wouldn't be interested in you because of your job and not waste your time?

I think most people look for someone with a similar socio-economic background, and I don't see anything wrong with that. I would probably not be a good match with a blue collar worker, so it helps to know beforehand what kind of life the person leads.

You'd naturally just talk about all that junk when you phone her anyway, good enough.

lf she don't like it then don't waste your time on her.

• Like 1