Would you accept this? Too ill to see me but has dinner with ex girlfriend

nadineblack

I spent the weekend in another city helping a girlfriend through a difficult time. He knew this.

On Friday he was looking through old photos because he has to do a brief presentation about his life history at work. I was on the train and asked him to send me his favourite photo. He sends me a photo of him and his ex-girlfriend in Portugal. Apparently he thought it would be funny because my Mom now lives there.

On Sunday I'm coming back on the train to London and he texts saying "I’d love to see you tonight but my cough isn’t fully gone. I didn’t have any issues with it last night but I am worried it might flare up again and keep you awake".

He does this all the time, says he wants to see me but already includes excuses at to why he might not be able too. Anyway, I told him that he should stay home, get some rest and hopefully cure that cough.

I called him when I got home and I found out he had just been out for dinner with his ex-girlfriend. The same one from the picture. They're friends. I then said, "oh cool, so you're ok enough to come over to mine?" And he said "no, I don't really want to catch anymore cold air. I think I should stay in".

Is this normal/nice behaviour? Would you accept it? Also, we have only been dating for 8-9 months!

Also, we're going to Mexico on Saturday for 2 weeks. What do I do? Do I go? Do I dump him? The trip cost so much money ...

Curiousroxy86

Girl! Drop him. Go to Mexico without him and have the time of your life. And find a man who would be happy to see you and not still stuck on his ex.

• Like 3

He wants to be with his ex. Let him. You don't need this. You can continue to have fun in Mexico, but just downgrade him in your heart and tell him. Then you start looking for a hotter guy.

Eternal Sunshine

I would dump him and go to Mexico by myself.

You are too easy-going. He thinks he can keep bailing from plans with no consequences, send you ex photo as his "favorite photo ever" etc. He has no respect for you and thinks he can get away with anything.

• Like 2

Not sure why you’re with this clown. After reading your other thread and now this smack on your face, it should be enough for you to dump this guy.

Raise your standards.

• Like 2

Is this normal/nice behaviour? Would you accept it? Also, we have only been dating for 8-9 months!

Also, we're going to Mexico on Saturday for 2 weeks. What do I do? Do I go? Do I dump him? The trip cost so much money ...

It is not nice behavior at all. Showing you the picture of him and his ex is at best insensitive. Saying he can't go out, but spends time instead with his ex would be unacceptable to me. I'd question his honesty and his priorities. Sounds like both are lacking.

I'd be very direct. I'd say that I don't find it funny showing you pictures of him and his ex. I'd say it's very disappointing and hurtful that he said he couldn't go out, but spent time with his ex instead of you. I'd tell him you deserve better treatment than that.

Conversation is one of the things that keep a relationship going. The best thing to do before the time for the mexico trip reaches is to try having a conversation with him. if he cannot come to you because of his so many excuses then do to him and talk to him. Tell him your doubts and the fact that you don't like the recent hang outs with his ex. From his response you know if dropping his ass is the best thing.

In what world could this possibly be considered nice or normal behaviour, OP?

I would dump this guy so fast his head would spin. He wants his ex more than he wants you.

Don't go to Mexico with him. He doesn't respect you whatsoever.

• Like 1

I'd try to find a gf that could go to Mexico with you instead, and if that doesn't work I'd just cancel the trip and take the loss.

I wouldn't spend another minute with that clown.

• Like 1

Respect yourself as you deserve better treatment and dump this bozo quickly.

Dump him and say adios, then head to Mexico alone.

If you paid for his ticket see if a friend can go with you.

Do not accept poor behavior from the people you date.

This guy has crappy boundaries and does not respect you.

I wish you the best

Respect yourself as you deserve better treatment and dump this bozo quickly.

Dump him and say adios, then head to Mexico alone.

If you paid for his ticket see if a friend can go with you.

Do not accept poor behavior from the people you date.

This guy has crappy boundaries and does not respect you.

I wish you the best

She cannot just take someone else. The name on the plane tickets have to match the ID provided exactly . . . And, depending on the type of tickets purchased, cancelling or changing at this late date might be pretty expensive too, even if they would make the change.

manfrombelow2

Normally I'm all against the "dumping movement" on LS in most cases, but NOT in this particular case.

Best of lucks for you OP.

Versacehottie

No....

I wouldn't jump to conclusions about what is going on, just that what he did that night isn't good enough for me.

Sorry you are going through this, good luck