LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Date in hospital/after hospital

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2019, 4:27 PM   #241
Established Member

Most hospitals have a cafe, or shops that sell sandwiches, drinks and snacks.
Speak to the nurses.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 4:32 PM   #242
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
Most hospitals have a cafe, or shops that sell sandwiches, drinks and snacks.
Speak to the nurses.
They do, the cafe isn't bad but I really don't want to leave him at the minute. So I have food coming to me.

When its the good nurses on like this morning they gave me lunch and dinner off the trolley. They always seem to order an extra one.
ShaunaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 4:40 PM   #243
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaN View Post
I've ordered off deliveroo. Asked them to deliver to the ward.

I feel so empty at the minute.
But you need someone to bring you food at regular times of the day. Itís very thoughtful for the nurse to give you food.
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 4:45 PM   #244
Established Member

I don't get why your friend would urge you to walk away and to think walking away reduces pain.

You cannot have love in your life without pain and fear as well ... as we worry about the other person and take care of the other person. Part of a full and rich life is risking love and risking the disappointment and loss that can come from love.

Running away is no answer ... You'll be in double-agony if you ran away. You would experience the same loss ... and you'd be critical of yourself. In a period of six years, I lost my mother, my father, and two brothers ... I spent hours ...days ... weeks ...years ... traveling back and forth to visit and take care of my parents and one of my brothers ... fatigue, despair ... loneliness ... tension ... terror ... And yet having been there for my family members in their last days has been one of the most satisfying experiences of my life. I have total peace about helping them, giving them all the love and support they needed, making sure they weren't alone ...

You're doing absolutely the right thing ... Unfortunately we don't have good stories and narratives to draw upon when we're thrown into a crisis like the one you are in. So we don't know that fantasizing about fleeing and all of that is totally normal.

You're doing wonderfully well ... even if you feel like crap right now ... That's simply the truth of the situation you're in ... Now eat!
Lotsgoingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 5:03 PM   #245
Established Member

She was never happy I left her brother. He had a one night stand and expected me to be ok with it. She is poisonous.

Funny thing (I laughed at this and I don't know why) the deliveroo driver said "I'm not allowed to deliver to patients. I said I'm not. Come on up and walk away if its for a patient you still get paid"

He comes up and goes "Lady you aren't going to blend it are you?"

I don't know if I'm doing it right or wrong. I'm just trying my best

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 15th March 2019 at 7:38 PM.. Reason: quote removed
Old 14th March 2019, 5:15 PM   #246
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaN View Post
I just got this text
With friends like this, who needs enemies...

Iím glad you got some food.
Old 14th March 2019, 6:03 PM   #247
Established Member

Hi Shauna. Glad you got some food and hubby is staying strong.

Itís all very good to hear
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 3:13 AM   #248
Established Member

He is very strong. Just hope he gets stronger and pulls through.

Last night was a good night for him. I haven't slept. I can't sleep with worry. The nurses are telling me to sleep. I can't.

Coffee is my friend
Old 15th March 2019, 3:50 AM   #249

Glad to hear last night was a good night for your hubby and I hope that things will look up from now on.

You really have to take care of yourself, if you donít and fall ill the docs might not let you see him. Even a small cold may prevent you from being with him. Please take care of yourself for your sake and for your hubbys sake. I understand that sleeping , eating and drinking are not the highest priority for you right now. You are an amazing person, your hubby is lucky to have you and your body deserves to be treated well even under these circumstances.
Double Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 5:44 AM   #250
Established Member

Itís true what helix says. If you compromise your immune system by not giving yourself proper care you may fall ill and wonít want to be in the same room with him at all for fear of harming him in his delicate state.

Are you at least taking vitamins and supplements when you are up to eating?
Old 15th March 2019, 10:15 AM   #251
Established Member

Thank you all

I have been eating a bit today. Had breakfast and lunch. I needed new surroundings so when his parents came I went for a wander and to get food. Went outside too.

Doctor's have said he appears to be better today than yesterday but he is improving.
Old 15th March 2019, 10:17 AM   #252
Established Member

Excellent news, Shauna. Thanks for the update
Old 15th March 2019, 10:25 AM   #253
Established Member

That is all good news...
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 11:51 AM   #254
Established Member

There is a pub next to the hospital. I had my lunch in there. I feel guilty though had a glass of wine with lunch. I just wanted to do it for me. I do feel guilty though.
Old 15th March 2019, 12:02 PM   #255
Established Member

Why? Heís probably on some heavy meds himself.

The unwind is good for your nerves Shauna. And Ďtis St Pats after all.