Moving to the middle east and she wants to do long distance

jerrygordon3

jerrygordon3

I've been in a unhealthy relationship for awhile. We are off and on but really love each other. She's the only woman I've ever wanted things to work out w but after so much time invested and haven't seen much change it's hard to want to commit while I work in the middle east and she's back home in California. I love her. And I feel at home when with her. But I'm not sure long distance after just recently rekindling things is the best thing. I told her I love her and want to try things out but I also don't want to just let her down because she's been through enough waiting for me. I'm hesitant to just break her heart again but it's either I do it now. Or I wait until I'm gone. I'm not sure if I have the emotional drive to work through it at a distance when things have been rocky and then we both have pissed away another 2-3 years and missed opportunities. Halppp. Not sure what to do.

End it. IMO you are best to rip that band-aid off. You have tried for years to make this work and to no avail. Time away will stop all temptation to fall back on old habits. Breakups are never easy, so not wanting break her heart is no reason to keep seeing each other. It is what it is.

• Like 1

Adding distance to a relationship that was dysfunctional at best is a waste of your time. The longer you stay connected to her, the worse your prospects of ever meeting somebody good for you & having a healthy fulfilling relationship.

• Like 3