Should I text?

Arieseira

I met this guy, we went on 3 dates in a row, for the last him inviting me over to his place for dinner. All these days he kept saying how comfortable he feels with me, how he values woman being smart and that we connect so well. Long story short, we ended up having looong night- passionate and sweet at the same time.

Now, he went away for 2weeks long vacation with his family, and before that asked if I'd wait for him, to which I asked "are you coming for me?", to which he said-"id love to".

We exchanged a couple of messages on his travel day and now it's been 4 days him going MIA. He did mention from the beginning he prefers face to face communication and we did overtext from very beginning.

I do think it would be just right for him to "check in" keeping things warm.. Should I send him a casual message in a couple of days? I do really want to see him again and have an aproximate clue on whether he still feels the same, based on how he responds. But I dont want to come off as clingy either...

I wouldn't text. He's on a family vacation and not a big texter, as he himself informed you. Have some confidence in yourself. Family vacations don't erase true connection if there is one. At least that's how I see it.

I would not text a guy who is on a family vacation who has said he doesn't text. If he's still away on Christmas you can text Merry Christmas if he celebrates but otherwise it's only been 4 days of a 14 day vacation.

He did mention from the beginning he prefers face to face communication and we did overtext from very beginning.

This appears contradictory - if he doesn't love texting, and was clear about that from the get-go, how did you two manage to overtext?

I would take that as my cue to let him reach out to me while he's the one on holidays.

Personally I wouldn't text.

My ex boyfriend went on holiday only after we dated for tree weeks. He went away for three weeks. At the time there was no talk of exlusivity and we literally only went on dates and nothing more happened. I wished him safe journey and that was it.

He did chose to text me while I was away so I replied as he initiated. If he hadn't I wouldn't have initiated and respected his space.

As you guy is with family just let him have family time and resume the dating when he is back. Especially as he said he prefers face to face dating.

• Author

He actually just sent a message, asking what Im up to :) Feel happy and silly at the same time.I responded and now he is MIA again, which majority might read wrong but to me it justvreassures his texting habits as they were from beginning

• Like 1

It's only 3 dates, hardly a commitment. He reached out, so you knows you still exist to him...good enough right? Don't get yourself to invested yet and carry on.

He's not missing, and he doesn't need to check-in. You're not a couple.

Clingy is a state of mind, not whether or not you send a text. Men know the difference. Quit thinking about him so much. Don't send hello texts to fish for attention. When I really like a guy, I'd simply send one text "Looking forward to seeing you again. Don't forget me!" Then forget about him until he's back :p

• Like 2
He actually just sent a message, asking what Im up to :) Feel happy and silly at the same time.I responded and now he is MIA again, which majority might read wrong but to me it justvreassures his texting habits as they were from beginning

It's all good.

My general rule of thumb was always if I am not sure if I should text then I probably shouldn't. Anytime I did, it went badly.

I still don't text my man when he goes out of town for fun stuff and we have been dating five and a half months. I always wait for him to text. It may be 1am when he is going to bed tipsy but he always will. In the very beginning he went out of town and I didn't hear from him the whole time he was gone. Killed me but I sat on my fingers and tried to keep busy.

The next time he went out of town I very plainly told him I would wait to hear from him in order to respect his space. He texted at least once a day that time. That was a few months in.

It's actually good he waited awhile to text you. You know he isn't clingy either!