Why does she still view my Snapchat Stories?

ericw899

Ok, so this girl who I went on a date with a couple weeks ago still views my snapchat stories, despite the fact that she has ignored my texts regarding a future date. Oddly enough I unfollowed her on Instagram last week and she unfollowed me as well. However every time I post on Snapchat she will view my story, but doesn't comment and doesn't unfriend me. If she isn't interested in me then why doesn't she just unfriend me on there?

She knows you exist. She doesn't want to go out with you. But she likes you enough to be curious about what you're posting online.

She doesn't hate you ... or think you're disgusting ... In fact, it's been a close-call in her mind not to respond to you ... If her dating decisions were made by a committee of neurons in her head, you lost out on a slight majority vote of the neurons.

Surely, you (or your friends) have done the same thing. You've likely run into or met a woman and liked them enough to check out their social media pages ... but not enough to directly ask them out. Some people do a version of this every day.

• Like 1

I don't currently use social media, and I used SnapChat for about 5 minutes back in the day so I'm not sure how it works...

But last I was on IG when you view a story, you can just click and watch all the new ones or you can pick and choose.

If there is this feature on SC then it could just her watching all of them.

Either way, reading into social media behaviour is not likely to get you anywhere.

All that matters is she won't go out with you or text you back.

I am not a Snapchatter but my friend is and she still watches all the guys she has dated snapchat stories. I've asked her why and she says she watches all stories when she is bored on the toilet. She said she is nosy and likes to know what people are up to. Literally nothing is meant by it.

• Like 2
  • Author
I am not a Snapchatter but my friend is and she still watches all the guys she has dated snapchat stories. I've asked her why and she says she watches all stories when she is bored on the toilet. She said she is nosy and likes to know what people are up to. Literally nothing is meant by it.

Thanks for the insight. So basically I shouldn't even bother hitting her up down the line and see if anything is there?

Thanks for the insight. So basically I shouldn't even bother hitting her up down the line and see if anything is there?

Where she has ignored your texts personally I wouldn't.

In fact just block her on snap. She has no right to be nosy and watch your stories.

• Author
Where she has ignored your texts personally I wouldn't.

In fact just block her on snap. She has no right to be nosy and watch your stories.

The only reason I thought that was because a couple days after our date I noticed on instagram that she was out with another guy on a few occasions. I figured maybe that's why she never texted back. But maybe now he is gone and she wants to subtly see what I'm doing and hoping I will reach out again

Why not just ask her ?

I mean it could mean a million things so I would ask her since you have nothing to lose and maybe you’ll get a date

The only reason I thought that was because a couple days after our date I noticed on instagram that she was out with another guy on a few occasions. I figured maybe that's why she never texted back. But maybe now he is gone and she wants to subtly see what I'm doing and hoping I will reach out again

Just prepare for no reply but why not reply to one of her stories? Spark a convo from that.

My friend who keeps her ex-dates on social media. They sometimes comment on her stories and she replies. So maybe give it a go?

• Author
Just prepare for no reply but why not reply to one of her stories? Spark a convo from that.

My friend who keeps her ex-dates on social media. They sometimes comment on her stories and she replies. So maybe give it a go?

I like the idea. I have yet to see her post a story, but if she does I will try that. If not maybe in a couple weeks I'll request to re-follow her on instagram and see what happens.

She's probably curious to see what you are doing and who you are with. To be honest, can you block her on snapchat? I don't have that app so I don't know how that works. My social media is all private.

I don’t use or have Snapchat either, but I’m nosy about people. I google people when I’m bored out of curiosity. It doesn’t mean I have any interest in having anything to do with them in real life.

I like the idea. I have yet to see her post a story, but if she does I will try that. If not maybe in a couple weeks I'll request to re-follow her on instagram and see what happens.

No no! I would not refollow her!

If she doesn't post a story send a generic snap. If she replies she replies. If not just block her.

She doesn't seem worth the energy. But I know you'll regret not trying.

To me, it either means she's still 100% into you, or 100% over you.

100% into you, she may have went out with a guy, but still thinks you're interesting enough to maybe go out with sometime.

100% over you, she doesn't care if you know she sees it or not as it means nothing.

The problem is you have no way of knowing. It can give you false hope though. What I would do is maybe wait another week and have a go at asking her out again. If she still blows you off, I'd remove her from snap since she probably falls into the no caring group at that point.

• Author
you had one date 2 weeks ago....I think it's time to let this one go eh?

Well when your dating options are as good as Freddy Krueger's, you tend to try and hold onto those who at least gave you the time of day at one point or another.

It's that attitude is what's holding you back. Think positive about yourself. You will gain confidence which attracts women....that's how it works. Put yourself out there strong as a peacock.

• Like 1
  • Author
It's that attitude is what's holding you back. Think positive about yourself. You will gain confidence which attracts women....that's how it works. Put yourself out there strong as a peacock.

It's a lot easier for women to say because they don't have to deal with the pressure or burden of approaching men. And even if they did, as long as they were sweet & pretty any man would give them the time of day. I could go out in my best outfit, be a total gentleman and at the end of the night I will be deemed "too soft" or "too nice" or "a great friend but nothing more"

I have no idea why you even bother staying friends with her on Snapchat or care she is reading. Delete her and move on. I don’t understand the obsession over that app. I think it’s silly and mostly for teenagers.

• Like 1

We deal with the burden of not getting asked out or ghosted on just like anyone else.

Women get rejected too and struggle with dating. Read some of mortensorchid's threads.

Ok, so this girl who I went on a date with a couple weeks ago still views my snapchat stories, despite the fact that she has ignored my texts regarding a future date. Oddly enough I unfollowed her on Instagram last week and she unfollowed me as well. However every time I post on Snapchat she will view my story, but doesn't comment and doesn't unfriend me. If she isn't interested in me then why doesn't she just unfriend me on there?

Block her and move on. Even giving thought to her after she ignored you and clearly does not want to go out again is counterproductive. Again, BLOCK so she gets the hint.

It's a lot easier for women to say because they don't have to deal with the pressure or burden of approaching men. And even if they did, as long as they were sweet & pretty any man would give them the time of day. I could go out in my best outfit, be a total gentleman and at the end of the night I will be deemed "too soft" or "too nice" or "a great friend but nothing more"

You may think women have it easier, but consider this: As men, we get to CHOOSE who we want. Imagine the opposite where you have to wait for somebody to ask you out, and you don't even get to choose who it is. I know which one I prefer.

We deal with the burden of not getting asked out or ghosted on just like anyone else.

Women get rejected too and struggle with dating. Read some of mortensorchid's threads.

^^Case in point.

• Author

I'm not looking to compete with anyone else. I'm just saying it more difficult for men, especially online. Maybe women don't find as much with relationships, but that is because they are more picky. However if a woman makes a tinder and a man makes a tinder, she will without a doubt get more matches, and more date opportunities. Where I will have 1 match a week if lucky with the most hideous looking girl. Same goes for sex. How many women over 20 do you know who are virgins not by choice? Then ask the same about men. I have been on OLD for 1 year and a half and have went on 3 dates TOTAL. One resulted in a quick 2 month relationships, the other two resulted in total rejection. How many women online get 3 dates TOTAL in a year and a half? I'm not even talking relationships, I'm talking strictly dating.

• Author

You may think women have it easier, but consider this: As men, we get to CHOOSE who we want. Imagine the opposite where you have to wait for somebody to ask you out, and you don't even get to choose who it is. I know which one I prefer.

I rather be asked 10 times by 9 people I'm not interested in, and 1 that I am then have to approach girl after girl, just to be laughed at or mocked because I'm not confident enough, or I'm not manly enough or because I chewed my food the wrong way. You make it sound like all women are sitting in the corner begging for attention and all they get is a random fat man who they are then obligated to go out with. BS

I'm not looking to compete with anyone else. I'm just saying it more difficult for men, especially online. Maybe women don't find as much with relationships, but that is because they are more picky. However if a woman makes a tinder and a man makes a tinder, she will without a doubt get more matches, and more date opportunities. Where I will have 1 match a week if lucky with the most hideous looking girl. Same goes for sex. How many women over 20 do you know who are virgins not by choice? Then ask the same about men. I have been on OLD for 1 year and a half and have went on 3 dates TOTAL. One resulted in a quick 2 month relationships, the other two resulted in total rejection. How many women online get 3 dates TOTAL in a year and a half? I'm not even talking relationships, I'm talking strictly dating.

It is different for men.

But....women may get asked out a lot more, but a good 80% of those men they have no interest in. It's honestly more of an annoyance. I know because I'm pretty built and I have tons of gay guys ask me out on social media. I have minus -100000% interest and it's honestly annoying. For women, most men are the same way. It's more annoying to have to deal with a guy that won't go away or that they have no interest in.

To compensate, they have a screening process. If there is 51% interest, you can move her interest up, but you have to do things right. A common screener is to ignore your message. If you keep trying anyway, she'll lose interest as she'll think you're needy. If you wait a few weeks and try one more time, that is totally fine. You can ask out any girl twice, after that you look desperate. Space it out though. You send her a message, she ignores. It could be she just forgot, so it doesn't look needy to try again in like a week or two. If she's looking at your social media, like I said there's a 50/50 chance she has some interest in you. You will really only know if you ask her out again. Wait a week after the story you post that she looks at. That way she won't know for sure that you're asking just because she looked at your story. The story needs to be something kind of interesting though.

So, like I said, wait a week and then try one more time. If after that she blows you off, then delete her. At that point you know its the 100% don't care bin.

Edited by TheFinalWord