Mixed signals

chrisse96

It's a long story so buckle up.

I started dating this guy who I met online and I didn't expect to like him but the second I saw him I fell head over heals and could see a future in him. In a total stranger!

We had about 5 dates in the space of around 9/10 days and he was perfect. He said he really liked me and was a real gentleman - pickled me up from my place even though I lived a few streets down.

On our last date I met his friends and had such a great time, I went back to his place after but then I didn't hear much from him for a few days.

I texted him tonight asking if he wanted to hang and he said he was going through a lot and wasn't ready from anything yet and that he wants to be friends.

Does he really want to be friends or did he just say that? If he does then what can I do to get out the friend zone?

He's not giving you mixed signals. He was interested in you for a few weeks but now he's cooled off. That message is clear because he isn't contacting you and he's not being receptive to your attempts to get together.

Another guy will be excited to spend time with you - don't waste time thinking anymore about this one.

• Like 1
I'veseenbetterlol

Mixed signals always means not interested. If a guy wanted you, he would be more then friends. Tell him you have enough friends and wish him good luck. When you hit friendzone, more then likely you will never get out of it. Instead this will be an emotional rollercoaster for you.

• Like 1

Sounds like he was expecting intimacy or you hit a deal breaker and he's recoiling. No telling if he'll come back or not - I wouldn't call these signals mixed though...

It's a long story so buckle up.

I started dating this guy who I met online and I didn't expect to like him but the second I saw him I fell head over heals and could see a future in him. In a total stranger!

We had about 5 dates in the space of around 9/10 days and he was perfect. He said he really liked me and was a real gentleman - pickled me up from my place even though I lived a few streets down.

On our last date I met his friends and had such a great time, I went back to his place after but then I didn't hear much from him for a few days.

I texted him tonight asking if he wanted to hang and he said he was going through a lot and wasn't ready from anything yet and that he wants to be friends.

Does he really want to be friends or did he just say that? If he does then what can I do to get out the friend zone?

sorry to beat an old drum with this question, but did you sleep with him?

There are no mixed signals from this guy at all.

Sorry, OP. He apparently only wanted sex, got it, and is no longer interested. It’s over. Next time, wait until you know the guy for a longer period of time and you’re exclusive before having sex.

No he got a better offer (may have gotten a new date), or his ex came back and reeled him in again once she found out he was dating you.....in any case forget about him and move on.

In my past when people said that they were trying to avoid a conflict by still making them seem like a great person. Maybe he meant it, but I doubt it.

These are not mixed signals. He's walked away.

Painful and baffling, I know ... confusing ... completely illogical, you feel, based on how much fun you guys had together.

But people sometimes do this ... and it's better that they flee early rather than later ...

The real tip here is no matter how strongly we feel when we meet someone, remind yourself that early on ... it's usually infatuation ... you don't really know the person ... you don't know their flaws ... you haven't been together long enough to get to behaviors that will get on your nerves.

So don't chase the infatuation high. Don't feed it. Feel it and keep the rest of your life going. Our infatuation (quick and deep interest in someone) is not a good judge of character. It's just a drug the body injects into your system, and it usually wears off in not too long.