She pushes me away?

quidash

I (M18) have been talking talking to a girl for the last couple of months and things seem really good with her. She has told mutual friends that she likes me, she posted on social media the day we really hung out for the first time about "meeting a guy today who is really sweet and kinda cute". We've went out a lot of places together, cafes and hiking, and it's always a blast whenever we go out somewhere have a great time. But she has these phases OFTEN where she completely drops conversation with me and if I try to make her feel better (she has anxiety), or if I try to make plans to go on an adventure with her to take her mind off of things she either gets kind of frustrated or she just continues to ignore me altogether. When this happens I realize I have to take a step back and so I do, but she eventually comes back around and things are going smoothly again and we make plans, just for her to go back into her shell and push me away again.

Yes and? She has anxiety and that is how she deals with it. The only way to change it is that she goes to therapy. So you have two choices, put up with it, or just be friends and find a new GF.

• Like 1

I think you're going to find a relationship nearly impossible with her, OP, as she doesn't appear to be ready for it.

I know you like her, but when it's this hard after 2 months, you're going to be fighting an uphill battle to take this any further.

• Author

It hasn't been consistently the last 2 months, it's been more like the last two weeks she's done it, we went on a date to a cafe and then after that she just cut herself off from everyone. I dunno if it's as easy as just letting her go though cause she expresses that she needs someone there for her and I've been doing whatever I can to be there and making sure she feels better but she seems like she's down in the dumps and won't really invite anyone in to help her.

I'veseenbetterlol

If you do have a relationship, you will be doing this dance constantly. That kind of relationship is not a sustainable one as you will always be the one hurt. I've tried to sustain a relationship w/guys like these and the best thing to do is walk and not look back.