LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

She pushes me away?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th December 2018, 11:46 AM   #1

She pushes me away?

I (M18) have been talking talking to a girl for the last couple of months and things seem really good with her. She has told mutual friends that she likes me, she posted on social media the day we really hung out for the first time about "meeting a guy today who is really sweet and kinda cute". We've went out a lot of places together, cafes and hiking, and it's always a blast whenever we go out somewhere have a great time. But she has these phases OFTEN where she completely drops conversation with me and if I try to make her feel better (she has anxiety), or if I try to make plans to go on an adventure with her to take her mind off of things she either gets kind of frustrated or she just continues to ignore me altogether. When this happens I realize I have to take a step back and so I do, but she eventually comes back around and things are going smoothly again and we make plans, just for her to go back into her shell and push me away again.
quidash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2018, 12:04 PM   #2
Established Member

Yes and? She has anxiety and that is how she deals with it. The only way to change it is that she goes to therapy. So you have two choices, put up with it, or just be friends and find a new GF.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2018, 12:06 PM   #3
Established Member

I think you're going to find a relationship nearly impossible with her, OP, as she doesn't appear to be ready for it.

I know you like her, but when it's this hard after 2 months, you're going to be fighting an uphill battle to take this any further.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2018, 7:36 PM   #4

It hasn't been consistently the last 2 months, it's been more like the last two weeks she's done it, we went on a date to a cafe and then after that she just cut herself off from everyone. I dunno if it's as easy as just letting her go though cause she expresses that she needs someone there for her and I've been doing whatever I can to be there and making sure she feels better but she seems like she's down in the dumps and won't really invite anyone in to help her.
quidash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 1:11 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quidash View Post
she expresses that she needs someone there for her and I've been doing whatever I can to be there and making sure she feels better but she seems like she's down in the dumps and won't really invite anyone in to help her.
Classic White Knight syndrome: https://www.doctornerdlove.com/white...yndrome/all/1/
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 6:29 PM   #6
Established Member

If you do have a relationship, you will be doing this dance constantly. That kind of relationship is not a sustainable one as you will always be the one hurt. I've tried to sustain a relationship w/guys like these and the best thing to do is walk and not look back.
I'veseenbetterlol is offline   Reply With Quote