Descrete way to find out if she's single....?

What would be a good way to find out if a co-worker (work in retail, different department, she's new to the job) is single or not? Just met her a few days ago and havnt had any oppertunities to talk for more than 5-10 minutes, but i'm interested in getting to know her better and stuff.....

Any ideas on easy ways to figure out if she's single or not?

Just ask her.

Why would you want to be discrete? Just asking does two things.

First you find out right away.

Second you are communicating your intentions (this will help you avoid the friends zone).

have a get together with your friends and invite her and she, "is welcome to bring her boyfriend."

BrotherAaron

Just assume she's single, and make your move. If she's taken, she'll let you know.

ReluctantRomeo
Originally posted by BrotherAaron

Just assume she's single, and make your move. If she's taken, she'll let you know.

This one has my vote. Invite her one-on-one for something ambiguous, like a coffee or lunch. If she mentions bf, she's taken and you behave as if you had intended to be just friends all along - saves embarrassment for both parties.

If she doesn't mention bf after a decent interval, then check it out directly, as a casual assumption - "so, you're single then".

Originally posted by BrotherAaron

Agreed. Ask her to go on a date with you, and let her know that you are interested. I think if she is not interested, or is taken, you will find out then.

Are you sure that you want to try to get involved with a co-worker, though?

• Author
Originally posted by orta

Agreed. Ask her to go on a date with you, and let her know that you are interested. I think if she is not interested, or is taken, you will find out then.

Are you sure that you want to try to get involved with a co-worker, though?

.....i'm 17 years old working in a big retail store....... LOL

its not the type of position/job that this would affect anyones ability to do work or anything, so....yeah, LOL

I'll talk to her tomorrow and see where things go.....

RecordProducer

You can tell her "Hey I think I saw you in the park with your husband and a cute little girl, was it you?"

Of course, she will say "no" but hopefully that won't be the end of the answer. She will let you know whether she has kids and a husband.

If you know she is not married then what's the problem? You want to know if she has a BF? So what will be the next question, whether she is happy with the BF? Girls leave their BFs for other guys. She might be unhappy or in a casual relationship. Unless she is married, you can make advances. It would be best if you just ask her directly.

ReluctantRomeo
Originally posted by 060798

.....i'm 17 years old working in a big retail store....... LOL

its not the type of position/job that this would affect anyones ability to do work or anything, so....yeah, LOL

In fact it's kind of expected... my cousin runs such a store, and his main source of entertainment seems to be watching employees hook up and break up :laugh:

He's 17. He should stay away from women who might have husbands and kids... They will be either too old for him or with too many issues. Asking if she has husband and kids will make him look a bit foolish. I would simply ask her out for a coffee or some ice cream, if she has a boyfriend and is a nice person she will probably tell him that she has a boyfriend and that they may hang out together as friends, but that's it.

Originally posted by ReluctantRomeo

In fact it's kind of expected... my cousin runs such a store, and his main source of entertainment seems to be watching employees hook up and break up :laugh:

I hate to have to agree again with what ReluctantRomeo is saying, but I must; my girlfriend works for a large clothing store/retail chain, and she sees a lot of drama happen when co-workers get involved with one another. In the beginning, the store seems so large, but when things go badly, the walls magically shrink.

if this chic-a-dee finds out you were trying to figure out her 'status' in an indirect way then your chances of her ever saying 'yes' to a date will be zero. cause she will forever think you have no confidence.

ask her directly face-to-face and do it tomorrow.

• Like 1
ReluctantRomeo
Originally posted by orta

I hate to have to agree again with what ReluctantRomeo is saying, but I must

Go on.... you like it really ;)