is he looking for a hookup?

jess060191

Hi everyone!

Went on a first date this past weekend. Not sure if anyone remembers my previous post but I went through a breakup a couple of weeks ago. ANYWAYS!...

Met this guy online, seems like a decent guy, a bit older than me. He's 37, I'm 27. Date went great, said he would like to see me again but has yet to make any definite plans.

I told him from day 1 that I am not looking for a short-term/hook-up situation. And he agreed with me.

So after 1st date, starts the semi-sexual texts. "Can't wait to see how you look in my bed in the morning," "Your boobs look fun," "Can you send me a sexy picture?"... at first i let it go because I thought MAYBE this was his way of flirting and that I am still dealing with the negative feelings over my breakup....

BUT THEN THIS MORNING!.... we were texting back and forth, semi-teasing, VERY SETTLE sexual flirting from my end, but then all of a sudden he's makes a comment about his man things and his size! I'm like woahhhhhh.... he's like I am just joking... I DOUBT HE WAS... I told him I was getting a vibe that he is just looking for a hook-up. And his response: "If that's how you feel, that's how you feel..." WHAT KIND OF RESPONSE IS THAT? Needless to say, I haven't heard from since...

I hate dating!

Normally during holiday weeks I tell people to simmer down & give it until a day or two of the next week.

Here his comments about your boobs & how you will look in his bed scream that sex was his only priority. Be happy you found out quickly rather then getting emotionally invested.

• Like 1

Ditch him. There is an aspect that most men have to deal with where they are appropriately flirty and escalate things but he either is clueless on how to do that or he is a loser. There are better guys out there.

He sounds gross.

What man thinks that, “your boobs look fun” is an effective come on? How old is he, 12?

Well, in his defense, boobs do look fun...you're just not supposed to SAY that!

• Like 2
  • Author

LMAO!! i mean it is pretty comical BUT like come on... grow up! Too bad though, because in person he was a gentleman. What an act.

• Author
He sounds gross.

What man thinks that, “your boobs look fun” is an effective come on? How old is he, 12?

my thoughts exactly.... here i was thinking i may be too young for him

• Like 1
lavenderandvelvet

Yeah that seems like hookup to me! I always worry about people who want sexy pics. It is usually a tip off about something. Especially when absent other substantive questions.

Honestly, guys who start with the sexual texting don't give up on it. He is testing you out and will push it as far as you allow. I can promise you that if he says he will behave and curb the sexting, he will slip up seconds later. He is just that type of guy who is interested in sex and not much else. He doesn't care about your feelings, only his sexual needs. If he can't have sex with you now, he will insist on sexting until he can.

These guys don't change their tone. I would just get rid of him and not waste time trying to get him to be more of a gentleman. He is showing his true colours.

He sounds gross.

You gotta laugh!

We're all thinking this (us men), but this sounds like a case of saying anything that pops into your mind. The OP will probably at least get brutal honesty out of this guy hehe - mind thinks, mouth speaks :)

I'veseenbetterlol

This does sound like him wanting a hookup. Usually when guys told me they wanted to see me again and made no plans, they usually ghosted me because I didn't want a hookup. Continue dating other guys.