Girl Has Been Ghosting Me

Jeff2233

So I met this girl for 4 years ago. She was .in my Portuguese class for a year. Last 3 years we didn’t even talk. We never socialized before. She reached out to me recently randomly on Social Media to hang out and told a me she was single. We started to date for a month or so. She kept saying how much we have in common and we became intimate really quick on the first date. We saw each regular and she kept saying how she was happy to be dating me and how we have so much in common.

Last month she’s been distant and has been ghosting me. She told me she broke up with her ex cause she wanted to get married and he didn’t. He’s away but I know he comes back in January.

This is what she last said to me;

“Sorry I didn’t mean to just disappear, clearly my priorities have been elsewhere so I’m sorry for being rude but yeah I have some other stuff to deal with right now. Hope things are good with you”

Anything I can do to make this work still?

So I met this girl for 4 years ago. She was .in my Portuguese class for a year. Last 3 years we didn’t even talk. We never socialized before. She reached out to me recently randomly on Social Media to hang out and told a me she was single. We started to date for a month or so. She kept saying how much we have in common and we became intimate really quick on the first date. We saw each regular and she kept saying how she was happy to be dating me and how we have so much in common.

Last month she’s been distant and has been ghosting me. She told me she broke up with her ex cause she wanted to get married and he didn’t. He’s away but I know he comes back in January.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to just disappear, clearly my priorities have been elsewhere so I’m sorry for being rude but yeah I have some other stuff to deal with right now. Hope things are good with you”

Nope.

If you chase they move farther away. You were fine before you met her so you'll be fine with her gone.

She's not the only one in the world I can promise you that.

Move on

Why? What does her message even mean?

Obviously, she is still not over her ex. She was hurting from the break up so she reached out to you and used you as a distraction. Even though she told you she broke up with him, it happened because he would not commit. She wanted to marry him. This was not a casual dating ex bf.

• Like 1

Nah, forget this one, OP.

She is likely still hung up on her ex and you were a convenient distraction when she broke up with him. That's all this was to her, unfortunately. She's not interested in something more.

She used you as a soft landing, but most likely she's talking to someone else (maybe him, maybe not him). When girls disappear for a few days/weeks it's usually down to them talking to someone else that isn't you.

Breathe easy and just do your own thing...she'll most likely hit you up when she's ready.

Lesson here - you always trust what a woman does, not necessarily what she says. You got used here by someone who hasn't emotionally healed yet.

• Like 1

You can't make it work because to her you were a rebound. She reached out. You responded. Things got hot & heavy fast. She thought by getting under you, she'd get over him. That didn't work for her & now she's pulling away. Sorry but she was never invested in the 1st place.

Sounds just like my experience sorta in Portland with a girl who was Georgian/Russian. My relationship with her was only for a month too, things took off quickly. Made it very easy for me to be around her, catered me around.

Then she became confused after her ex sent her flowers. More than likely, she used you for a rebound and went back into the arms of her ex. It's really a ****ed situation because they weren't honest about long ago they broke up, or she was ready to move on. Don't be needy or emotional.

If you could tell her one thing/ or I could to that girl. It would be " As long as you're miserable i'm happy". The ex will make the same mistakes again. She'll get tired of him and discard him for someone else. This type of female has no integrity and uses people for her pleasure.

Edited by BMWN52

Don't waste anymore time on a woman like this.

She is just using you as a distraction and to make herself feel better after the breakup. She does not like you, you are just a convenience for her.

She told me she broke up with her ex cause she wanted to get married and he didn’t. He’s away but I know he comes back in January.

No. You need to just sit still and wait to see what happens in January.

That means make plans for the holidays that don't include her.

She's got a man, despite what she's saying to you--because nothing about him would have come up in conversation with you out of fear of it turning you off from her. The fact that she even mentioned him means she's not done with him and that's her way of letting you know that she's not 100% available for you. You are her rebound. That's it.

She's good if you want to boost her ego and give her attention, but as soon as her not-ex shows up in January, that's where her focus is going to be.

• Author
No. You need to just sit still and wait to see what happens in January.

That means make plans for the holidays that don't include her.

She's got a man, despite what she's saying to you--because nothing about him would have come up in conversation with you out of fear of it turning you off from her. The fact that she even mentioned him means she's not done with him and that's her way of letting you know that she's not 100% available for you. You are her rebound. That's it.

She's good if you want to boost her ego and give her attention, but as soon as her not-ex shows up in January, that's where her focus is going to be.

Well I did ask her what happened. She was with him the whole time I knew her and then even before that. I think 6 years together. I’m not even sure if they are talking again, but it seems that way.