Sign of disinterest from her?

JQC1

I[24f] met a girl [26f] online and went on a first date with her on Tuesday. We got drinks and went bowling and I really really like her. I felt like the date went pretty well, overall good flow of conversation and lots of laughing and some minor flirting as well and we stayed til the bowling alley closed. At the end of the date, I walked her to her car. Wanted to kiss her but I didnÂ’t want to have our first kiss in a parking lot and wanted it to be a bit more romantic so I just gave her a hug. I asked her to text me when she got home safely and to watch out for the slippery leaves. I didnÂ’t ask her about a second date in person hoping maybe sheÂ’d bring it up when she texted me when she got home since I asked her out for the first date.

When she got home, she texted “home” and then “goodnight”. I responded by saying that I’m glad she got home safely and how those leaves got nothin on us. I then thanked her again for coming out and that I had a great time. I ended by saying “maybe we can try to do something again when I get back next week”. During our date, I told her that I would be out of the country until Monday and before we parted ways in the parking lot, she said safe travels.

Anyway, she responded to my message by saying “those leaves don’t have anything on us. Sounds nice”

Her messages just seemed kind of uninterested but it may just be her texting style? She seemed very engaged during our date and not disinterested at all so IÂ’m just confused now.

I plan on reaching out back to her when I get back in town asking if she wants to get dinner but a part of me feels like sheÂ’s not that interested and that IÂ’d get turned down

You are total strangers, and you had one date....ask her out again and stop worrying about it. You have to just play these things out.

“those leaves don’t have anything on us. Sounds nice”

She liked what you texted, sounds nice. That's a good response even though you didn't ask her a question. She didn't ignore it. It's a good sign.

• Like 2
  • Author
She liked what you texted, sounds nice. That's a good response even though you didn't ask her a question. She didn't ignore it. It's a good sign.

Ok I’m glad to hear this. I was afraid that she wasnt excited or didn’t want to meet up again since she didn’t suggest it when she texted.

We also have not communicated since that night but I don’t expect constant communication in between dates especially in the beginning. I’m just using communication to set up dates with her

I’m just using communication to set up dates with her

The consensus on LS seems to indicate that them’s the rules. So you’re doing well. Good luck.

Love is a beautiful thing when you can find it.

Her response was fine. You thinking it was a sign of disinterest was your insecurities talking. You are always on edge with a new person but here I don't think you have anything to worry about. Send her a text or two while you are away so she knows you are thinking of her. Something newsy & banal; tell her about some sight you saw.

• Author
Her response was fine. You thinking it was a sign of disinterest was your insecurities talking. You are always on edge with a new person but here I don't think you have anything to worry about. Send her a text or two while you are away so she knows you are thinking of her. Something newsy & banal; tell her about some sight you saw.

Yes my insecurities always tend to come out in situations like this. Her “home” And then “goodnight” texts seemed a little cold to me but I think you’re right about me not having to worry in this situation

• Author

So I asked her out to dinner and she said she couldn’t my proposed night but said she was free the next night (good sign, offering alternative date). I told her of the place I was thinking of going because she mentioned the type of food they serve on our first date. She responded and said that she would like that place.

The restuarant is in my town and so I said that if she wanted to, she could come to my place first and then I would drive us both there so we wouldn’t have to bring 2 cars and how I promise to be on my best driving behavior (relating back to a story I told her on our first date about my drivers test). I sent a follow up message saying that we can also meet there if she prefers that.

She read the message but never responded... did I scare her with asking if she wanted to take one car? I don’t think I overstepped any boundaries, I perfectly understand if she just wants to meet there which is why I wanted to make sure I wasn’t pushing it by sending the second message

Edited by JQC1