Do girls text a lot?

dateme

Some new girl has been texting like crazy but won't talk on the phone. She kept texting how she like me and I make her so happy and couldn't wait until we got to hang out. Then after a week I said you know it's hard to get to know each other unless we talk. So I'm done unless you call. Then she says she should call and was going to later that night. I texted her don't bother I'm over it. So women text more than talk now? I took it as she wasn't interested even though she would initiate most of the conversation.

If a girl was very interested in you she will message at first after 2-3 dates she will ring more...

Depends on the girl etc

The answer to this depends on the person, but in general, ladies text more now than in the 1970s ;)

I would date her and sort out what kind of person she is, and don't try to correct this thing and that thing. Find out who this woman is and sort out if you like her or not. Regardless of whether she texts too much.

• Like 1
Some new girl has been texting like crazy but won't talk on the phone. She kept texting how she like me and I make her so happy and couldn't wait until we got to hang out. Then after a week I said you know it's hard to get to know each other unless we talk. So I'm done unless you call. Then she says she should call and was going to later that night. I texted her don't bother I'm over it. So women text more than talk now? I took it as she wasn't interested even though she would initiate most of the conversation.

Yep! It's the new phone conversation for most people these days. I am not a fan of it much either but it does seem that many people both men and women prefer to handle most conversations via text message.

I personally find it hard because you can't always judge context, reaction and or get cues through text. That and so many things are open to interpretation because they are, at the end of the day, just words.

My last girlfriend communicated solely through text. I think the whole time we were together we may have spoke on the phone a few times per month. And those conversations were short and with purpose rather than just for conversation.

In person, whole other story! She wouldn't stop talking! Text and messaging? She would constantly talk. Took me a while to get used to it but I did.

If you like her and are into her. Go her way for a while and then come up with a compromise when you are talking in person.

I texted her don't bother I'm over it.

So she agrees with you, and agrees to do exactly what you said,....and then this is your butt-hurt response???

• Like 3

More like you're not interested. You didn't like that she was chasing you. So you dictated the method with which she should chase you. She agreed to comply then you told her to forget it before she had a chance to please you the way you wanted. I think you should not waste time even thinking about this. Focus on the girls you DO like. Who cares if girls like to text? Problem was you didn't like her or else you would have called her if you wanted to get to know her.

• Like 1

She's going to be talking/posting right now about this moody guy she just met who dumped her for doing what he asked. And everyone will tell her she dodged a bullet.

• Like 2

She was the one interested in you... You told her to forget it as she didn't wanna call you...

She probably think what a jerk you are...

So move on and find someone your interested in

• Author
If a girl was very interested in you she will message at first after 2-3 dates she will ring more...

Depends on the girl etc

We hadn't gone out. Just initially met. Talked on the phone a couple of times. And texted like 400 times in two weeks. We're both on the road a lot and time is the issue. Or I should say was the issue.

• Author
The answer to this depends on the person, but in general, ladies text more now than in the 1970s ;)

I would date her and sort out what kind of person she is, and don't try to correct this thing and that thing. Find out who this woman is and sort out if you like her or not. Regardless of whether she texts too much.

I ended it so too late ofr that. Maybe on the next one.

• Author
Yep! It's the new phone conversation for most people these days. I am not a fan of it much either but it does seem that many people both men and women prefer to handle most conversations via text message.

I personally find it hard because you can't always judge context, reaction and or get cues through text. That and so many things are open to interpretation because they are, at the end of the day, just words.

My last girlfriend communicated solely through text. I think the whole time we were together we may have spoke on the phone a few times per month. And those conversations were short and with purpose rather than just for conversation.

In person, whole other story! She wouldn't stop talking! Text and messaging? She would constantly talk. Took me a while to get used to it but I did.

If you like her and are into her. Go her way for a while and then come up with a compromise when you are talking in person.

It does make it difficult to understand each other. But I ended it so whatever. I think at the end I could tell she really was excited about getting to know me but she texts too much. Anyway.

It is not that girls text a lot specifically. Girls are just more social (aka chatty) in general, especially when they are interested/attracted to something or when they are in their comfort zone. Texting is just another means for them.

Nevertheless, when mentioning their comfort zone, one has to take into consideration that if a girl chooses texting specifically as her main form of communication with you, it usually implies something else going on with her. If nothing suspicious is going on, then she may have some social anxieties or just hates talking on the phone for whatever reasons. It may sound a bit odd, but there are plenty of people like this. Many of my coworkers are like this.

People can be chatty but still be socially anxious toward people that they are not close to, and unless they have to, such as for work or school, then they would prefer not to talk directly. Even though she seem to like you, that does not mean she knows you well enough to let you into her comfort zone, which seems reasonable considering it does not seem like you two know each other at all. lol

That being said, the fact that she contacts you first is pretty evident that she is interested in you, not to mention, "like crazy." Women tend to give the cold shoulder to people that they are not interested in, such as seeing their messages but not replying right away or replying half-heartedly to end the conversation. You are fine with regards to interest.

Can you say passive/aggressive! Man, you won't go far with that type of behavior.

I do not understand why you did not just relax and go with it as she seemed really into you with high attraction. The type of attraction that does not just happen all the time.

You may be looking for a while to find a woman with similar attraction towards you.

I wish you luck

• Like 1

How old is she? I can't stand prolific texters either but some people do it, and it's especially true for the 30 and under crowd.

• Author
It is not that girls text a lot specifically. Girls are just more social (aka chatty) in general, especially when they are interested/attracted to something or when they are in their comfort zone. Texting is just another means for them.

Nevertheless, when mentioning their comfort zone, one has to take into consideration that if a girl chooses texting specifically as her main form of communication with you, it usually implies something else going on with her. If nothing suspicious is going on, then she may have some social anxieties or just hates talking on the phone for whatever reasons. It may sound a bit odd, but there are plenty of people like this. Many of my coworkers are like this.

People can be chatty but still be socially anxious toward people that they are not close to, and unless they have to, such as for work or school, then they would prefer not to talk directly. Even though she seem to like you, that does not mean she knows you well enough to let you into her comfort zone, which seems reasonable considering it does not seem like you two know each other at all. lol

That being said, the fact that she contacts you first is pretty evident that she is interested in you, not to mention, "like crazy." Women tend to give the cold shoulder to people that they are not interested in, such as seeing their messages but not replying right away or replying half-heartedly to end the conversation. You are fine with regards to interest.

I think I see that now. Oops. Dating is so complicated.

• Author
Can you say passive/aggressive! Man, you won't go far with that type of behavior.

I do not understand why you did not just relax and go with it as she seemed really into you with high attraction. The type of attraction that does not just happen all the time.

You may be looking for a while to find a woman with similar attraction towards you.

I wish you luck

Maybe. I guess it's over.

• Author
How old is she? I can't stand prolific texters either but some people do it, and it's especially true for the 30 and under crowd.

34. I'm in my 40's.

• Author
More like you're not interested. You didn't like that she was chasing you. So you dictated the method with which she should chase you. She agreed to comply then you told her to forget it before she had a chance to please you the way you wanted. I think you should not waste time even thinking about this. Focus on the girls you DO like. Who cares if girls like to text? Problem was you didn't like her or else you would have called her if you wanted to get to know her.

I do liker. It was confusing.

God, why so moody? Why tell her to do one thing, then do another? What's YOUR problem?

• Like 2
  • Author

We texted this morning and are back on cool terms. She said she missed me and hated that I don't trust her. She said she would call me but it's a big deal for her to call me for some reason. It's not that serious. It's just hard to communicate. Maybe she has a bf. Oh well.

If you really want to keep this relationship, I suggest you spend some good time establishing boundaries and communication strategies to avoid this emotional rollercoaster stuff you recently had - unless you want your relationship to be endless drama. The guessing game of what your significant other is thinking quickly gets old.

At least you're getting interest from women, so that part of the complication is lessened. With both this and your other thread, my best advice to remove complications is to not sweat the small stuff. What both threads have in common is you getting upset about normal stuff and in this case, losing someone where there was mutual interest.

Hang a sign on your fridge "Don't sweat the small stuff"

• Like 2
  • Author
At least you're getting interest from women, so that part of the complication is lessened. With both this and your other thread, my best advice to remove complications is to not sweat the small stuff. What both threads have in common is you getting upset about normal stuff and in this case, losing someone where there was mutual interest.

Hang a sign on your fridge "Don't sweat the small stuff"

You could be right.