to express or not to express?

ProfessorOptics

If it is someone you've recently met, yes. If you express it more than once, it is really needy. I wouldn't do it in most cases.

• Author
ProfessorOptics
If it is someone you've recently met, yes. If you express it more than once, it is really needy. I wouldn't do it in most cases.

No I haven't said it more than once. I just told her the once that I'm excited to hear more about her. Which is exactly what I feel. and I've known her for about a month now.

Edited by ProfessorOptics

You actually don't need to tell someone you're "excited" about them.

That can and will come through in your enthusiasm in seeing them, and in your case, in your enthusiasm in learning more about them.

Perhaps a better phrase that escapes all worries of neediness is to say, "I look forward to learning more about you" ... in a very calm tone. Or if it's something specific, "I look forward to hearing the story about X."

But seriously, your excitement is through your affect and your body language ... not in the words "excitement."

Don't stress on this one.

It depends on how it is expressed. If it's just general enthusiasm or about looking forward to some activity you are doing with them, then no it isn't needy. I'd be glad if someone had that much excitement over seeing me - although if they used the words explicitly I'd find it a little weird.