Compliment ignored?

Britney25

So I have been chatting with this guy for a couple of weeks now as we are long distance from each other. He texts me everyday and is pursuing me strongly. I feel great and comfortable with him plus I do like him. So I decided to text him this yesterday: Just saw The Avengers, Chris Evans is pretty, but I'd rather watch you take your shirt off for an hour.

He saw the message yesterday and he didnt reply. Now I feel awkward haha. Usually he replys fast to me. Was he taken off guard?

Yeah I would guess he likes the text but is unsure how to respond. He may be afraid that if he responds in kind it might be too forward.

• Like 1
So I have been chatting with this guy for a couple of weeks now as we are long distance from each other. He texts me everyday and is pursuing me strongly. I feel great and comfortable with him plus I do like him. So I decided to text him this yesterday: Just saw The Avengers, Chris Evans is pretty, but I'd rather watch you take your shirt off for an hour.

He saw the message yesterday and he didnt reply. Now I feel awkward haha. Usually he replys fast to me. Was he taken off guard?

Pass on that comment you did. Which was the right move. He wanted you take off your shirt. He's talking about sexually acts. Well now you know. I would leave him along and look else where.

ExpatInItaly

Have you met him in person, OP?

There could be several reasons why he's not replying to you, that don't have much to do with that particular comment.

• Author
Pass on that comment you did. Which was the right move. He wanted you take off your shirt. He's talking about sexually acts. Well now you know. I would leave him along and look else where.

No I texted him that comment.. it was flirty but not over sexual. He was texting me his chest and abs before. Nothing lewd.

• Author
Have you met him in person, OP?

There could be several reasons why he's not replying to you, that don't have much to do with that particular comment.

No we haven't met yet but soon we will. We are in different states. He has message dme his chest and abs before but not in a lewd way. I thought I sent him this comment that's a tease. It wasnt overly sexual. He usually initiates and replys fast so I dont think anything happened...just after my comment text nothing.

• Author
Yeah I would guess he likes the text but is unsure how to respond. He may be afraid that if he responds in kind it might be too forward.

Yeah I think so too. But he has messaged me before photos of his abs and chest not in a lewd way of course. So it's odd he would be taken aback by my comment.

ExpatInItaly
No we haven't met yet but soon we will. We are in different states. He has message dme his chest and abs before but not in a lewd way. I thought I sent him this comment that's a tease. It wasnt overly sexual. He usually initiates and replys fast so I dont think anything happened...just after my comment text nothing.

Until you meet him in person, it's going to be nearly impossible to guess why he's been quiet.

Maybe he was out with another girl when you sent it. Maybe he was out with friends. Perhaps he's been talking to other girls online and someone else caught his attention. Maybe he's got the barfs and doesn't feel like chatting.

The point is, I would keep your expectations low until you meet and spend time together offline. Don't sweat it right now. The ball is in his court to respond and keep the conversation going. See if he does so.

• Author
Until you meet him in person, it's going to be nearly impossible to guess why he's been quiet.

Maybe he was out with another girl when you sent it. Maybe he was out with friends. Perhaps he's been talking to other girls online and someone else caught his attention. Maybe he's got the barfs and doesn't feel like chatting.

The point is, I would keep your expectations low until you meet and spend time together offline. Don't sweat it right now. The ball is in his court to respond and keep the conversation going. See if he does so.

I understand that of course. We already skyped and chatted on the phone twice. My question is every guy would love this comment yes? Was he taken aback by it?

ExpatInItaly
I understand that of course. We already skyped and chatted on the phone twice. My question is every guy would love this comment yes? Was he taken aback by it?

It's reasonable to assume that the vast majority would appreciate it, but again, you don't know enough about him to guess what his reaction might be.If he's previously sent you photos of him shirtless, though, I doubt it's the comment itself that explains his lack of response.

How did you meet him? If it was through a dating app or site, he's probably got a couple girls he's chatting with and got caught up in another conversation.

• Author
It's reasonable to assume that the vast majority would appreciate it, but again, you don't know enough about him to guess what his reaction might be.If he's previously sent you photos of him shirtless, though, I doubt it's the comment itself that explains his lack of response.

How did you meet him? If it was through a dating app or site, he's probably got a couple girls he's chatting with and got caught up in another conversation.

We met through facebook actually. It turned romantic from friendly chats.

• Author

That's why I sent him that comment because he sent me a few pics of him shirtless. Wasnt asking for them he told.me he wants to impress me in a cheap way before we actually meet. So the next day I sent him that text and he didnt reply. I sent it like 6pm and now its the morning. So I dont know what to think except maybe hes busy

CautiouslyOptimistic
Yeah I think so too. But he has messaged me before photos of his abs and chest not in a lewd way of course. So it's odd he would be taken aback by my comment.

Well, with that information, yes it would be odd if he didn't like that comment. I am perplexed as well.

ExpatInItaly
That's why I sent him that comment because he sent me a few pics of him shirtless. Wasnt asking for them he told.me he wants to impress me in a cheap way before we actually meet. So the next day I sent him that text and he didnt reply. I sent it like 6pm and now its the morning. So I dont know what to think except maybe hes busy

That's all you can do, really.

Don't stress it. Just carry on with your usual day. He'll reach out if he wants to keep this going.

• Author
Well, with that information, yes it would be odd if he didn't like that comment. I am perplexed as well.

Maybe he is shy? Maybe he had a heart attack from my comment :D maybe he didnt think I'm the kind of woman to send that? I mean comment wasnt overly sexual and he is a single man in his early 40s. Or maybe hes genuinely busy and will get back to me. We will see

• Like 1
  • Author
That's all you can do, really.

Don't stress it. Just carry on with your usual day. He'll reach out if he wants to keep this going.

Definitely. Thanks

CautiouslyOptimistic
Maybe he is shy? Maybe he had a heart attack from my comment :D maybe he didnt think I'm the kind of woman to send that? I mean comment wasnt overly sexual and he is a single man in his early 40s. Or maybe hes genuinely busy and will get back to me. We will see

I think it was cute, and most men, especially ones showing off their physique, would like it.

• Like 1

In that case, I don't know...

No I texted him that comment.. it was flirty but not over sexual. He was texting me his chest and abs before. Nothing lewd.

Oh really wow!

ExpatInItaly

Do you mind if I ask how old you are, Britney?

I'm 37 and would have a hard time taking a man in my age-range seriously if he sent unsolicited shirtless photos of himself before we'd even met. That would strike me as attention-seeking, and suggest this might be his usual MO to attract women and fish for compliments. He could have been trying to get you to send something a little cheeky yourself in return.

Perhaps he's the type to put out the feelers this way, so to speak, and keep chatting with whomever returns in kind. Maybe not, but in any event, I would still roll my eyes hard if a man I'd never met - especially at our respective ages - sent me shirtless photos of himself.

• Like 1

I'm 37 and would have a hard time taking a man in my age-range seriously if he sent unsolicited shirtless photos of himself before we'd even met.

In any event, I would still roll my eyes hard if a man I'd never met - especially at our respective ages - sent me shirtless photos of himself.

I totally agree with this. There is a time and a place for this kind of fun, and for me that time would be AFTER we have had a few dates. This kind of behavior from a man I had never met would really cause me to step back.

• Like 1
Why the wow?

I had the same reaction. :confused:

Given that the guy has already shared pics of himself, I saw nothing wrong with your comment. Most guys would eat it up.

I could see where, if he was just playing with you, and wasn't certain if he saw you 'in that way', he might have been taken aback. He may have been reinforcing his manliness, without romantic expectations (sort of using you like he'd use a mirror at the gym), and you basically called him on it. If that's the case, good riddance.

He's single and in his early 40s. He's never been married? Any LTRs that you know of? How old are you?

But I agree with others, just sit tight and wait.

Meh you two are having some internet flirtation, and your comment probably blew him away or he's doing the photos to fish for an ego boost. It's possible he's workin it with other women too, hoping to get masturbation material. You won't know what's truly going on until he is serious about meeting you. Tip: Never assume you are the only one of his desires.

What happend with the clingy guy? You send him to the curb?

Edited by smackie9
  • Author
Do you mind if I ask how old you are, Britney?

I'm 37 and would have a hard time taking a man in my age-range seriously if he sent unsolicited shirtless photos of himself before we'd even met. That would strike me as attention-seeking, and suggest this might be his usual MO to attract women and fish for compliments. He could have been trying to get you to send something a little cheeky yourself in return.

Perhaps he's the type to put out the feelers this way, so to speak, and keep chatting with whomever returns in kind. Maybe not, but in any event, I would still roll my eyes hard if a man I'd never met - especially at our respective ages - sent me shirtless photos of himself.

I did think it is strange but I never sent him photos of myself at all. Besides the photos we would have nice convos. He does keep telling me thou that he feels like he is not enough for me...not attractive enough. I am 25.