I just don't get it!!

Morris17

He tells me he likes me and I bring up going on a date with him for the second time and he just ignores me. I said if you are still up for it, so he had an option to say no. He really upset me so I uploaded something to my Facebook story saying how I was sick of getting upset over people ignoring me when they probably don't care and it was mainly aimed at him. He saw it and he messaged me asking how I am but didn't say anything about my previous message.

I replied and then asked him to tell me where he thought the conversation was going and if he liked me or not and replied with "Where's this come from?" so I said back "I just want to know. I've asked about meeting and you don't say anything. I'd rather you tell me if you don't want to meet." He's read the message and not said anything and i've cried over it because I don't get him at all.

I know I shouldn't waste any more time on him but I just want answers, I don't get why it seems so hard for him to just say that he doesn't like me if thats the case! He could even just block me if he's that much of a coward!! I really want to send him a message telling him how he's made me feel because I feel he deserves to know whether he cares what I have to say or not. On Friday he was literally telling me all these nice things and now this!

Welcome to the world of dating!

If you do not develop a thicker skin, maybe it is best you stay single for a while? I am saying this as it has only been ONE date, he owes you nothing. The best way to judge a man is by his actions and words.

This guy wasn't into you, ok nothing lose just move on. This man a stranger and a stranger rejection shouldn't be making you feel this bad.

• Like 2
ExpatInItaly

How long have you known him, OP? There appears to be a significant emotional attachment from you, but you've only been out once. What's your history with him?

A guy might say he likes you, but when he's dodging your attempts to meet up or avoiding talking to you, you need to read between the lines. It's disappointing, but tormenting yourself by trying to get his attention through social media and then through texting is pointless. If a man is interested in you, you won't need to work this hard to know it.

For what it's worth, leave the passive-aggressive social media posts for highschool kids. It's childish and won't help your cause.

EDIT: Same guy? https://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/665551-he-interested-not

It was one date. As the previous said, he owes you nothing. He's a stranger. Find someone who asks you for a second date. Good luck

He tells me he likes me and I bring up going on a date with him for the second time and he just ignores me

Can you clarify.

Have you actually been on a date with him or have just asked him twice if he will go on a date with you?

Either way it is not good.

Interested people act interested.

Crying over a first date is not a good sign. If you’re clinging to a guy that you’ve only met once and chasing him to the point that it’s making you look incredibly needy, desperate and insecure, maybe you should not be dating.

This is a stranger. You shouldn’t be this caught up and emotionally affected. It’s a red flag on your part.

• Like 1
  • Author
Can you clarify.

Have you actually been on a date with him or have just asked him twice if he will go on a date with you?

Either way it is not good.

Interested people act interested.

No I haven't been on a date with him, I asked him twice about the date.

ExpatInItaly
No I haven't been on a date with him, I asked him twice about the date.

Did you catch my post above, OP? Is this the same guy you posted about before?

I think you are just going to have to accept that he's not interested. He's certainly not worth this much distress, so you might want to look more closely at why a guy you've never even been out with has you in so much pain. This is more about you than him, really.

....so you might want to look more closely at why a guy you've never even been out with has you in so much pain. This is more about you than him, really.

BUT this isn't just some guy from a dating app this is her school crush, she may have years invested in him.. the guy who will sweep her off her feet some day... marriage, white picket fence, the works.

It was all coming together perfectly, now it isn't.

This I guess is the death of a dream...

ExpatInItaly
BUT this isn't just some guy from a dating app this is her school crush, she may have years invested in him.. the guy who will sweep her off her feet some day... marriage, white picket fence, the works.

It was all coming together perfectly, now it isn't.

This I guess is the death of a dream...

That is why I am asking her to clarify if she's talking about this highschool crush or not.

Even if it is, it's a bit concerning to get that carried away in dream when they haven't had a single date. There was nothing coming together perfectly if the dude has never even asked her out.

OP, of course he likes you - as a friend. He doesn't want you as his gf or he would have asked you out by now. Stop chasing him and find another guy who shows interest in taking you out but asking you out.

That is why I am asking her to clarify if she's talking about this highschool crush or not.

Even if it is, it's a bit concerning to get that carried away in dream when they haven't had a single date. There was nothing coming together perfectly if the dude has never even asked her out.

No but he matched her on Tinder and told her she was gorgeous, and chatted on FB, now it is big let down time unfortunately as he seems to not want to go on a date.

It's a tough one but here goes. I think he got a whiff of your obsessiveness over him, it freaked him out.... with you pushing for a date twice, and then letting him have it because he won't tell you to go away, he saw how emotional you are about this.He didn't want a part of that drama. Sorry girl things didn't work out but you made yourself look cray cray.

I know he buttered you up some, and maybe he did it as a joke (god I hope not or I will lose all hope for humanity), maybe he does that to women to pull them in like a player. It comes down to this...he's not for you. The man you painted him out to be, is not the man he is or ever was. Block and delete him. You don't need to fret over him anymore.

Tip: the dude doesn't ask you out, move on. The ones who coo over you are the ones you have to worry about.

Edited by smackie9
  • Author
Did you catch my post above, OP? Is this the same guy you posted about before?

I think you are just going to have to accept that he's not interested. He's certainly not worth this much distress, so you might want to look more closely at why a guy you've never even been out with has you in so much pain. This is more about you than him, really.

Yes it's the guy from before, I had given up on him completely and then he decided to break the silence by telling me he was interested which led me to believe he was. And here we go again, he starts being ignorant again.

• Author
It's a tough one but here goes. I think he got a whiff of your obsessiveness over him, it freaked him out.... with you pushing for a date twice, and then letting him have it because he won't tell you to go away, he saw how emotional you are about this.He didn't want a part of that drama. Sorry girl things didn't work out but you made yourself look cray cray.

I know he buttered you up some, and maybe he did it as a joke (god I hope not or I will lose all hope for humanity), maybe he does that to women to pull them in like a player. It comes down to this...he's not for you. The man you painted him out to be, is not the man he is or ever was. Block and delete him. You don't need to fret over him anymore.

Tip: the dude doesn't ask you out, move on. The ones who coo over you are the ones you have to worry about.

He has shown his true colours. I've been struggling with OLD and for a second i thought that maybe someone actually gave a damn but guess not.

He has shown his true colours. I've been struggling with OLD and for a second i thought that maybe someone actually gave a damn but guess not.

Sorry to hear that.

(((hugs)))