Should we keep dating if he's moving next year?

Lovezen_30

Met a guy & hit it off immediately, we chatted for a week until our first date last night. We went to a show & went for a drink after...which turned into 4 drinks, all of which he paid for. We had a great time! Lots of laughs, felt we were really vibing off each other and connecting on quite a deep level (in a way I don't with most people).

Half way through the date he tells me he is planning to move to Germany earlyish next year because his job has given him this opportunity. I could tell he was reluctant to tell me. Later on he also said he could see himself living in my home country long-term as he really loves it...

He also confessed he is very shy and trying to overcome it, but that it wouldn't happen overnight. He didn't kiss me at the end (damnit). We had a long goodbye & he messaged me immediately to check I got home safely. He then contacted me this morning to ask how I was feeling, my plans for the day etc.

I've not known him long but I really like this guy. I think there's something special about him, but I'm wondering if I'd be better cutting and running now if it's going to end in a few months. On the other hand, maybe I'd regret it not continuing to date him?

• Author
What country are you in now? If thus works out can you handle a long distance relationship?

Spain. I was in an LDR this time last year (that time it was me moving) & it didn't work out. I found the LDR very difficult - although I was not the one who ended it - and think I would struggle to go through it again.

Met a guy & hit it off immediately, we chatted for a week until our first date last night. We went to a show & went for a drink after...which turned into 4 drinks, all of which he paid for. We had a great time! Lots of laughs, felt we were really vibing off each other and connecting on quite a deep level (in a way I don't with most people).

Half way through the date he tells me he is planning to move to Germany earlyish next year because his job has given him this opportunity. I could tell he was reluctant to tell me. Later on he also said he could see himself living in my home country long-term as he really loves it...

He also confessed he is very shy and trying to overcome it, but that it wouldn't happen overnight. He didn't kiss me at the end (damnit). We had a long goodbye & he messaged me immediately to check I got home safely. He then contacted me this morning to ask how I was feeling, my plans for the day etc.

I've not known him long but I really like this guy. I think there's something special about him, but I'm wondering if I'd be better cutting and running now if it's going to end in a few months. On the other hand, maybe I'd regret it not continuing to date him?

Your making it sound like he's going to leave the planet. Come now you can make things happen if you really wanted too. No one should let distance ever stop true love.

• Like 1
  • Author

Oh never mind. He contacted me apologising profusely for not being in touch and asking me out tomorrow...

Damnit I need to find a way to calm these raging butterflies! I am not a teenager...

Edited by Lovezen_30
  • Author

We went out again the other night, but I'm starting to wonder if this is a friends or romantic situation. The setting was quite intimate & at one point he leaned forward so that we were basically pressed against each other for 5 mins. We didn't manage to kiss as we bumped into his friend who insisted on walking us to the train station. Take a hint dude...

Anyway he compliments me and we talk for hours, just the two of us, every time we're out. Next time we're together (he has asked me out again for next week) I want to make it clear that I like romantically but I'm worried he might not reciprocate. What to do?

He's shy. Try the lingering close hug. If that doesn't work, try the kiss on his cheek and keep your face there and see if he moves over to your mouth. If that still doesn't work, come back I have more tips.

• Author
He's shy. Try the lingering close hug. If that doesn't work, try the kiss on his cheek and keep your face there and see if he moves over to your mouth. If that still doesn't work, come back I have more tips.

Yeah we kissed each others cheeks a few times last time. His lips felt so...soft :love: Definitely felt the chemistry.

So it's actually an all day music festival he's asked me to go next weekend. I don't think I can wait a whole day for a goodbye hug and kiss! Maybe I need to be more patient? Ha ha...

• Author
Did he hold your hand???

No. We got closer and closer and then bumped into his friend at the end of the night!! I definitely thought a kiss was coming as he was gazing at me like this > :love: but we couldn't shake the friend off when it came to part ways! I think he soon regretted feeling like the third wheel...

I would love to hold his hand! I held onto his upper arm and walked around the streets like that. In the venue he leaned across the table and we were pressed against each other for about 5 mins which I never do with mates.