To ask him out, or not to ask him out - rebound risk?

Lovezen_30

Hey everyone. I went through a break up 6 months ago and I was totally heartbroken. My ex had asked me to move in with him but then emailed to break up and had a 'new' girlfriend within a week. I absolutely adored him and felt shattered for a long time.

In the last week I've moved to a new country, have a new job & joined a social group. The evening I went the group was quite big so we formed lots of circles and I saw a guy in a different circle kept looking over at me. So I smiled and he came right over shook my hand & introduced himself. Turns out we had lots in common but he seemed shy/nervous. As the rest of the group talked I noticed he kept looking back at me even when others were talking. I think I must fancy him at least a bit because I touched him a couple of times and I never do this with guys I don't know.

At the end of the night, we all said goodbye and he looked like he wanted to ask me out but everyone else was there so it would have been awkward. He added me on Facebook the next day but hasn't actually contacted me.

On the one hand, I don't want to read too much into it and I know I am actively still healing from the last break up. On the other hand, I'd like to get to know him more. Should I wait to see at him at the next social event and see if he makes a move or should I contact him? Or do nothing