Why do girls answer my picture comments but not my DM's?

depcharger

I have seen this trend on several apps or sites I am a member of

These females, some who i have met, some who are strangers will more likely answer my comments on her pictures but if I send a private message of the same content and quality ( meaning i say more than "you are hot... i actually ask something i am curious about")

I am less likely to get a response.

All my profiles are the same quality in every aspect.

why is that?

Also I have noticed that despite a girl saying she gets tons of messages she will MAKE the time to read her comments and responds to "non butt kissing" comments where she is not praised why?

Question 3

If A girl read's my DM but does not respond... does that mean she does not like me enough to feel the need to respond? I have poor communication style?

Sometimes they will answer and then other times she ( multiple girls at multiple different times) will read my message but not respond

**** please don't use the lack of time excuse....***I don't buy that

Edited by depcharger
had to add something

I don't answer private messages if I think the guy is interested and I am not. Public comments I am more inclined to answer as long as they aren't creepy.

Are these girls you are messaging single?

• Like 2

I wouldn't respond to some guy I don't know commenting on my pics and DMing me...it's kind of creepy

I get that some women like the ego boost but most women who are careful and have some common sense, won't take that bait

If you really want to find someone, OP, use online dating instead

• Like 2

She is sending you a clear signal that she doesn't want anything personal or private. Public comments on pictures get a response but when you try for something more private she doesn't respond because she does not want you to feel that there is anything intimate about your interactions.

• Like 1

What the others said: They don't want to develop a deeper friendship or relationship with you. It's not just dating either - I have same sex acquaintances which I avoid getting into private messaging with.

Don't use derogative statements in your replies. Look what happens when you do. What are you looking for?

1. Casual Sex

2. Hottie

3. Someone to Date

4. A relationship

One word of advise don't generalize them them either. Think what out want then think what you want to say. Think if you said the wrong words how would these answer you.

If you said for example " Hey you have nice derriere" Now think about saying that to a girl what would she expect from you? She would pass on you because you made a derogative statement at her.

Can't act and talk like your o the street corner it ain't going to work online to get dates if you want more from them. Keep your thoughts too yourself and answer them the right way before you click on send.

Also I have noticed that despite a girl saying she gets tons of messages she will MAKE the time to read her comments and responds to "non butt kissing" comments where she is not praised why?

Question 3

If A girl read's my DM but does not respond... does that mean she does not like me enough to feel the need to respond? I have poor communication style?

More thoughts on your other questions.

She's more likely to respond to 'non butt kissing' comments because they involve more thought. Any idiot can tell a girl she's beautiful, but connecting on a level where she doesn't feel objectified takes more skill.

The girl who reads your DM but doesn't answer may simply not be interested. It's hard to comment further without knowing if this is happening on a dating site or if you're bothering women via their social media.

• Like 1
What the others said: They don't want to develop a deeper friendship or relationship with you. It's not just dating either - I have same sex acquaintances which I avoid getting into private messaging with.

Yes, all of the above.

If we're talking about your typical social media platforms - If I am not friends with you or don't know you offline, I am not likely to engage in private messaging with you.

If it's a dating site you're talking about, OP, then you would need to assume she's not interested if she's read your message but hasn't replied.

Can you give us an example of a message you have sent? We might have a better idea why you're not having any luck starting a conversation, if we're dealing with a dating site.

• Author
I wouldn't respond to some guy I don't know commenting on my pics and DMing me...it's kind of creepy

I get that some women like the ego boost but most women who are careful and have some common sense, won't take that bait

If you really want to find someone, OP, use online dating instead

2 girls both who had boyfriends both responded to my DM's

all my content and question was platonic but I had personal questions to ask about them ( they spoke about their insecurities and family life)

they both initially answered my DM but then just read them and didn't answer

one of them still answers once in a blue moon

I will send dm's like once a month

• Author
Yes, all of the above.

If we're talking about your typical social media platforms - If I am not friends with you or don't know you offline, I am not likely to engage in private messaging with you.

If it's a dating site you're talking about, OP, then you would need to assume she's not interested if she's read your message but hasn't replied.

Can you give us an example of a message you have sent? We might have a better idea why you're not having any luck starting a conversation, if we're dealing with a dating site.

Here is an example of something I wrote

when a girl questioned her audience what they wanted her to post on her Fitness and food eating disorder IG PAge

" not a lot of people have the mental strength like you are to have shared their own personal stories, struggles, insecurities and even depression so thanks for being brave and talking about the things most people don't have the guts to talk about, perhaps you can talk about the fitness and physical results you saw in yourself once you started weight training where you draw your inspiration from to improve yourself so that others can learn from your path as well"

• Author
More thoughts on your other questions.

She's more likely to respond to 'non butt kissing' comments because they involve more thought. Any idiot can tell a girl she's beautiful, but connecting on a level where she doesn't feel objectified takes more skill.

The girl who reads your DM but doesn't answer may simply not be interested. It's hard to comment further without knowing if this is happening on a dating site or if you're bothering women via their social media.

non are dating sites, I don't give a single physical compliment, I keep it strictly professional

which is why i am confused of their lack of responses

Why do girls answer my picture comments but not my DM's?

Because they're not interested in personally interacting with you. Superficially is fine.

They may have come to learn that answering a stranger's DM could open up a situation they're not prepared to deal with, so they avoid doing that to keep things from getting messy.

non are dating sites, I don't give a single physical compliment, I keep it strictly professional

If it were a dating site, it would make more sense to message them privately since the general goal is to establish a connection.

The fact that these aren't dating sites makes messaging them privately a little out-of-place. They aren't posting with the express purpose of attracting a partner, so they prefer not to engage privately. Even if you're not mentioning anything about a physical attribute, they are still likely to be skeptical of your motives.

I once joined the online platform of a special-interest group in my area. My only public post was introducing myself and a general hello to the group to find out a little more about their activities. My inbox started pinging with men sending private messages; I didn't reply to any of them, as I had never met these people and wasn't looking for a chat buddy or a date.

OP you are coming across like an orbiter. (google the term if you don't know what it means) Basically you are trying to establish connection w women who don't seem to like you that much by saying "nice" things to them via DM.

Even though you may pride yourself on saying the same things as "all those others guys" those women can see what you are (probably) trying to do. They aren't interested in having a private conversation w you though, so they don't respond back to your DMs (even if they do respond to same said remarks from you when you comment publicly, where a "thank you" or a like is less likely to be taken as a sign of interest, and a no-response from them to your "nice" comment may make them look bad in front of others).

So stop DM'ing women like that! It is actually vaguely creepy.

Meanwhile do you know any of these women in real life? :confused:

Edited by Imajerk17
  • Like 3

It's because you're an acquaintance - not a friend. They do not wish to get to know you on a deeper level. And as someone else said, they aren't on the site to pick up a boyfriend.

• Like 1
  • Author
It's because you're an acquaintance - not a friend. They do not wish to get to know you on a deeper level. And as someone else said, they aren't on the site to pick up a boyfriend.

Females will respond on their pictures becuase it validates and makes their posts seem more popular so they will want to encourage that behavior

They won't answer a DM becuase they want to discourage it and I am not seen favorably enough to need to answer..... and they are just not intersted in going on a deeper level with me.

thanks dudes and ladies

OP, if you're looking for a date, use a dating site.

Private messaging random women on sites unrelated to dating is not likely to get you anywhere, particularly if you don't know these women in real life.