LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

one of the guys im dating only contacts me once a week

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2018, 12:27 AM   #1
Established Member

one of the guys im dating only contacts me once a week

I want to build a relationship and get to know him more so how do I get more dates/ contact? Should I, as a woman, text him myself or will I look desperate? I texted him myself a few times.
dancingintherain12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2018, 12:33 AM   #2
Established Member

ONE of the guys you are dating? Are you seeing a few / multidating?
mortensorchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2018, 12:38 AM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortensorchid View Post
ONE of the guys you are dating? Are you seeing a few / multidating?
Only two at the moment. Details in previous threads
Old 16th September 2018, 4:50 AM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingintherain12 View Post
I want to build a relationship and get to know him more so how do I get more dates/ contact? Should I, as a woman, text him myself or will I look desperate? I texted him myself a few times.
Let’s pretend that two people are dating and both are so afraid to look “desperate” that no one initiate contact - what would happen? Absolutely nothing.

Here is an idea: You could invite him to do something..?
MaleIntuition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2018, 12:07 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleIntuition View Post
Let’s pretend that two people are dating and both are so afraid to look “desperate” that no one initiate contact - what would happen? Absolutely nothing.

Here is an idea: You could invite him to do something..?
Ok so I need to post more details since I messed up on our last date and kind of turned him off but I dont have time right now. I just asked him out on another date and he sort of rejected me because he said he was busy and i said i'd like to see him again and no response :/ I have a lot of good things going for me and have a great heart, good looks, good personality etc... but I always scare guys away and it sucks. Idk how to deal with being rejected.
Old 16th September 2018, 1:14 PM   #6
Established Member

Well lets see....the one guy you called him out on swiping right on a dating app that turned out to be your friend. Obviously he's going to carefully back off from you. Why? he got busted that he is still actively looking. That should tell you it's not going to happen with him...he's out.

Like I tell everyone else, when they start making excuses like "oh ya I go this thing to go to, I'm not sure, I'll let you know, blah blah blah...he's done, and you better just drop him.

Why you are getting rejected? Because to them, they don't feel a connection, or the attraction isn't strong enough, don't like your personality, etc etc. It's the same reason why you are not interested in a guy.

You may look good on paper, but you are not right for everyone. This is why everyone dates, to see and feel if that person is right for them. You just have to keep looking that is all. Oh and you are not scaring them away, they are just not really that into you, or they don't like your laugh or have other prospects, or whatever.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2018, 1:18 PM   #7
Established Member

Sounds like he's not interested anymore and there's no point pushing it. You can't make someone like you. Next.
Old 16th September 2018, 1:21 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
Sounds like he's not interested anymore and there's no point pushing it. You can't make someone like you. Next.
This^^^100%
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 12:34 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
Well lets see....the one guy you called him out on swiping right on a dating app that turned out to be your friend. Obviously he's going to carefully back off from you. Why? he got busted that he is still actively looking. That should tell you it's not going to happen with him...he's out.

Like I tell everyone else, when they start making excuses like "oh ya I go this thing to go to, I'm not sure, I'll let you know, blah blah blah...he's done, and you better just drop him.

Why you are getting rejected? Because to them, they don't feel a connection, or the attraction isn't strong enough, don't like your personality, etc etc. It's the same reason why you are not interested in a guy.

You may look good on paper, but you are not right for everyone. This is why everyone dates, to see and feel if that person is right for them. You just have to keep looking that is all. Oh and you are not scaring them away, they are just not really that into you, or they don't like your laugh or have other prospects, or whatever.
He just texted me today and chatted with me, let me know how his weekend was, asked about mine and that was it. Does that mean hes interested?
Old 17th September 2018, 4:30 AM   #10
Established Member

Well what would you expect if he's "one" of the guys your dating.
What you expect him to take you seriously or for anything more than a fling ?
l wouldn't be contacting you at all , if you turned up on my door step l might spend some time with you if l had nothing else goin on that day but that'd be as far as l'd bother.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 6:17 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
He just texted me today and chatted with me, let me know how his weekend was, asked about mine and that was it. Does that mean hes interested?
He's still interested. If he wasn't he wouldn't have texted you. The level of interest is questionable.
brigit87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 6:19 AM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Has he asked to see you?
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 6:56 AM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
If he hasn’t made it crystal clear he wants to see you again by actually asking you out, then no he isn’t interested.
hippychick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 7:02 AM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippychick3 View Post
If he hasn’t made it crystal clear he wants to see you again by actually asking you out, then no he isn’t interested.
To generalised of a statement. He is likely somewhat interested otherwise he wouldn’t have contacted at all.
MaleIntuition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 7:04 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleIntuition View Post
To generalised of a statement. He is likely somewhat interested otherwise he wouldn’t have contacted at all.
It’s too low. Otherwise he’d actually want to SEE her.
hippychick3 is offline   Reply With Quote