Guy I like got distant

dancingintherain12

dancingintherain12

Seeing this guy for two weeks and he was super into me texting me etc and I brought my friends out to meet his friends and next day he liked my friend on a dating app..

I called him to confront him about it, and maybe I shouldn't have but I found it disrespectful because it was my friend he liked. He swears he didnt realize it was her.

I gave him benefit of doubt but ever since then he's been extremely quieet with me.

I texted him tuesday, he asked what my plans for the week and weekend are.

Then he wrote:

I maaay be going away Thursday, if I don't I'll be free then, this weekend I think I'm going to the Hamptons Saturday. My friend is having a bunch of people over, I'll find out what the deal is.

I thought maybe I was over reacting, and he was still interested but now its Saturday and I see he did in fact go away and I haven't heard anything.

It's only been two weeks, OP. It's not enough to really even know if a guy is super into you on a genuine level.

At this point, it's normal that he's off doing his own thing and not yet prioritizing you. It's also normal that he's still looking around on the dating app. It's unfortunate that he happened upon your friend's profile and seemed to express interest, but unless he is totally insensitive, he might not have recognized her if he'd only met her once before. Getting your back up right away was a knee-jerk reaction on your part. The issue these days is that many young people use these apps, so it's not terribly surprising that there is some overlap among people you know and guys you're interested in.

In any case, the sudden turnaround in communication probably does indicate he's not that interested anymore. It happens, particularly this early on. I would let it go and move along.

EDIT: Is is the same guy from this thread? https://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/664582-does-having-sex-too-soon-guy-ruin-things

Edited by ExpatInItaly
  • Author
dancingintherain12
It's only been two weeks, OP. It's not enough to really even know if a guy is super into you on a genuine level.

At this point, it's normal that he's off doing his own thing and not yet prioritizing you. It's also normal that he's still looking around on the dating app. It's unfortunate that he happened upon your friend's profile and seemed to express interest, but unless he is totally insensitive, he might not have recognized her if he'd only met her once before. Getting your back up right away was a knee-jerk reaction on your part. The issue these days is that many young people use these apps, so it's not terribly surprising that there is some overlap among people you know and guys you're interested in.

In any case, the sudden turnaround in communication probably does indicate he's not that interested anymore. It happens, particularly this early on. I would let it go and move along.

EDIT: Is is the same guy from this thread? https://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/664582-does-having-sex-too-soon-guy-ruin-things

Not the same guy on that thread. I haven't had sex with this guy. I know I shouldn't have confronted him and learned my lesson. I feel like I messed up with both guys now. I feel stupid and wish guys would see more of me than I displayed but I'm not sure I'd get another chance.