Not sure ... Trail not cold yet?

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

I am supposed to have an internet date tonight. We were texting last week through Bumble and he asked to meet. I said okay, Thursday was a good night for me. He said it was for him as well. He said he would choose a place to meet, I said okay (once we had confirmed where we lived in relationship to one another). Yesterday we confirmed the location, he said he'll be there at 7 pm, I said okay good for me and my cell was (number) in case. He gave me his and said he was looking forward to meeting me.

This afternoon I sent him a text saying "Hi this is (my name) we still on for this evening 7 @ (location)?" No response. THat was about 3 hours ago I am supposed to meet him in about an hour and a half.

I'm not feeling good about this, that he's not responding to things. Just want a confirmation.

Happy Lemming

OMG!!

Just go!!

Maybe he is driving and can't text back.

If he doesn't show, have a drink, order the best appetizer on the menu and treat yourself.

• Like 3

I can understand why you would feel frustrated because he didn’t answer back, but I think that you should just go and if he doesn’t show have a couple drinks and just shrug it off. Hopefully he has answered you back at this point? Has he?

• Author
mortensorchid

No response. I am to meet him in a half hour or so. But I will go. I was planning on eating out anyway because of this.

No response. I am to meet him in a half hour or so. But I will go. I was planning on eating out anyway because of this.

I think he’ll be there. If for some reason he doesn’t show up or is late maybe send him a quick text or call and ask if he still coming?

I'm not feeling good about this, that he's not responding to things. Just want a confirmation.

Again? If it was me, you may or may not be getting a confirmation. What you would be getting would be me SHOWING UP and expecting YOU TO BE THERE! Other LS males, please chime in with how you would handle this.

• Like 1

I too vote for "go." How may times do you need to confirm? Y'all confirmed yesterday. Hold up your end of the bargain and show up.

• Like 3
Again? If it was me, you may or may not be getting a confirmation. What you would be getting would be me SHOWING UP and expecting YOU TO BE THERE! Other LS males, please chime in with how you would handle this.

Agreed there, I ignore my phone a lot.

If I said I'd be there I would.

I too vote for "go." How may times do you need to confirm? Y'all confirmed yesterday. Hold up your end of the bargain and show up.

^ This. By continuing to confirm, you are putting out the message that you can't believe someone actually wants to date you.

• Like 4
^ This. By continuing to confirm, you are putting out the message that you can't believe someone actually wants to date you.

Or the message is "people can't be trusted to show up for first dates because they're flakes" which isn't all that unreasonable.

• Like 3
I am supposed to have an internet date tonight. We were texting last week through Bumble and he asked to meet. I said okay, Thursday was a good night for me. He said it was for him as well. He said he would choose a place to meet, I said okay (once we had confirmed where we lived in relationship to one another). Yesterday we confirmed the location, he said he'll be there at 7 pm, I said okay good for me and my cell was (number) in case. He gave me his and said he was looking forward to meeting me.

This afternoon I sent him a text saying "Hi this is (my name) we still on for this evening 7 @ (location)?" No response. THat was about 3 hours ago I am supposed to meet him in about an hour and a half.

When I make definite plans of place, time, day with a woman for a date it means there is a date planned.

If I get a text day of said date it really turns me off. If you can't even trust a man that made plans with you a day or two before the date you truly should not be dating at all.

Your attitude towards men and dating is atrocious and no man will put up with it.

You really need to lighten up and go with the flow, stop thinking that every guy is out to screw you and relax..

I hope you went to the date, he was there as he is a man of his word and had a great time

• Like 3

ding ding ding, we have a winner!!!

I set plans and do not check in after that. I show up for the date and expect the woman to be there also

If I get a message checking in during the day of the date, I get turned off as they are already putting me in the box of bad men who no show.

I usually do not answer those messages and show up. If the woman no shows I send a message asking if they are running late. When they answer saying I did not expect you to be there since I checked with you. I tell them I am busy and do not always look at my phone during the day.

Sometimes they say I will be there, please wait and I usually do.

Other times they want to reschedule and I say we are probably not a good match since you have already formed an opinion about me without even meeting... I wish them the best

• Like 2

Why did you text him?

You already had a plan worked out. No need to confirm AGAIN.

All your threads sound really negative, and almost desperate. Do you ever have a good day? Nothing good comes from this attitude.

• Like 2

Oh, I did not realize you just confirmed YESTERDAY. (was reading this at work earlier...) Yeah, you definitely didn't need to confirm again today. And sorry if I gave you bad advice! I hope things worked out! :-)

• Like 1

When I was dating and plans were made to meet within the next few days, I never confirmed if I hadn't heard from the guy. I just assumed we were still meeting unless I heard otherwise. Most guys did reach out to confirm, but there were a few who didn't say anything the day of. But, I showed up every time, and so did he.

I think it shows self-confidence to just be there without needing that extra confirmation. If for whatever reason he doesn't show, make the best of it and buy yourself a fantastic dinner to go and have some alcohol of your choice. :p

• Like 2

You're not feeling good about it, because you're projecting past experiences onto the present. And because you seem to have a negative outlook about EVERYTHING.

You confirmed the night before. Now this guy is wondering 1) if you have a problem with reading comprehension, and 2) if you, in general, have a complete lack of faith in the rest of humanity.

He may be thinking 'damn, I'm a man of my word, what's up with this chick?'

If you HAD to send another text, it should have been 'looking forward to tonight, see you soon'. And I believe this was covered in a prior thread when you did the flaking. But since you rarely follow up with the threads you start, or acknowledge advice given, I'm not surprised you didn't take this approach.

I do hope you'll report back, however it goes. I'm sure some of the others who consistently give you advice are hoping the same. :headbang:

• Like 5
Eternal Sunshine

If all parts of the plans are set, I never confirm. Even if the date was made a week ago with no communication since. For those first online meets, my interest is so low that I could care less if the guy shows. The key is to set the place that's not out of your way..I have personally never been stood up but some guys have texted to cancel on the day.

So what happened?

FWIW I would not have gone. I confirm with dear friends I have had for decades. If 1/2 hour before I was supposed to meet a stranger off the internet I hadn't heard from him no way am I wasting my time / gas. I would have sent a follow up text to that effect however. It's common courtesy to confirm.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
yea, what happened??

I'm curious, as well... How did it go??

I don't know why, but I somehow feel invested in this date/meeting. I really, really wanted it to go well for "mortensorchid". I wanted the guy to be perfect, say all the right things and for the two of them to really connect.

I'm not a very religious man, and pray very infrequently, but last night I said a prayer for my father who is in the hospital (and slowly improving) and a prayer for "mortensorchid" that her date went well.

Please, post an update "mortensorchid"... Don't leave us hanging!!

• Like 2