Good news ****Updated****

Destini

I haven’t been on here in a month, when my boyfriend was still talking to his ex, but things are good now. We still live together. We got into a argument recently and after the argument we texted. He mentioned how he was gonna get my name tatted or get my initials and his together. We might both initial each others names. He told me he doesn’t care about how much we argue, he loves me and he wants me in his life. This was all over text. You guys were telling me he still loved his ex, he wanted to be with her but a guy who desires to be someone else won’t say all those things and definitely wouldn’t consider getting their significant others initials or name tattooed on them. Our anniversary is in two weeks and we’re coming up with ideas.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Add link for context

Good luck. But please know that getting a tattoo is proof of nothing. Do you know how many people there are out there with people's names on them that they wished they never got?

You say you argue a lot. Why do you want to live like that? I just hope for you that sometime you choose happiness.

I knew a woman who had tattoos of her husband and three children on her back and arm. She was cheating on her husband with two other men. Tattoos are not indicators of commitment.

I read your other threads. Also understand that people will tell you what you want to hear to keep you where you are so don’t be so naive and gullible to think that just because one says so it means it is your truth. Don’t trust everything he says. Look at his actions.

Unfortunately, your boyfriend knows how to blind you from reality. He’s not a prize and neither is the relationship you have with him. You will likely have to learn the hard way.

• Like 3
He told me he doesn’t care about how much we argue, he loves me and he wants me in his life.

Ah, young love...

I would tell you not to get this guys name tattooed on some part of your body because it will be there long after he is gone, but I doubt that you will listen...

• Like 3
  • Author
Ah, young love...

I would tell you not to get this guys name tattooed on some part of your body because it will be there long after he is gone, but I doubt that you will listen...

Okay but let’s be honest, will a guy who decides to tattoo both of you guys initials and tell you that he basically wants you in his life and could care less about how we fight, really ever leave you? Like he’s not gonna love someone that deep like he loves me.

• Author
He's just saying what he has to say right now. He's probably also saying it to other girls.

Okay but what if he actually does do it though?

Okay but let’s be honest, will a guy who decides to tattoo both of you guys initials and tell you that he basically wants you in his life and could care less about how we fight, really ever leave you? Like he’s not gonna love someone that deep like he loves me.

Of course he could still leave. There's quite a market in 'cover up' tattoos.

• Author
Of course he could still leave. There's quite a market in 'cover up' tattoos.

I get that but why would someone waste time getting their girlfriends initials after telling her he would get it and basically telling her he loves her so much that he wants her in his life regardless of their arguments just to leave and get the tattooed covered up?

Yes. Tattoos mean nothing. They are fairly easily removed or edited these days...

Read the post above from Zahara.

Okay but what if he actually does do it though?

Why did he get with you and proposition his ex girlfriend for sex. Some things are difficult, if not impossible, to understand... ;)

• Like 1

Yes he will leave & probably will. Some guys will do anything & I mean ANYTHING to get what they want. Right now he may be in a dry spell as he cut out his ex, so you are now his #1 priority until something better comes along. He will do and tell you what you want just so you trust him and do as he says, but just because your name is on his body it doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of girls willing to have sex with a guy with another girls name on his body and if/when something better comes along your name will be nothing but an ink mark.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

A guy texting you telling you how he wants you in his life. How he’s gonna get you and his initials tattooed on him. Living together. Going on a vacation together. Posting you on Facebook, showing you off, tagging you in post. Buying you a ring. Bringing you home food from his job. Choosing you over his ex girlfriend. It seems like love to me but, is love more than just this? I mean I have a promise ring. Whenever I hint about doing something as a couple by sharing a post on Facebook or meme or quote he comments and says we’re gonna do just that. Take cute pictures in a hotel tub/bathroom. It seems like love but on the other Side, when I see mature couples or older couples they don’t seem to do those things but they do seem to be genuinely in love.

• Like 1

It's infatuation. He's smitten with you. Love comes after all this rush of hormones. It comes after months of dating and getting to know someone and once you know them in and out, once you've identified their flaws, and you STILL want them in your life because life is more beautiful with them, that's love.

• Like 1

All of that is nice & cute & easy.

Love is being there when you have a family tragedy. Love is bringing you soup when you're sick & telling you that you look beautiful when you lose your hair to chemo or your breast to a radical mastectomy. Love is driving many hours in a car to come rescue you.

I think it was Oprah Winfrey who said your friends aren't the ones who ride in the limo with you but the ones who are there when you are riding the bus.

I know you think he loves you but Destini he's only with you because his EX doesn't want him. If she crooks her little finger in his direction he's going to be gone in a heart beat. Please leave him & develop some independence. If nothing else read the thread on LS from the woman who was with her guy unmarried for 17 years; she didn't work & he supported her. He recently broke up with her & left her with nothing -- no job, no home, no money, nothing. Don't let that be you.

• Like 2
A guy texting you telling you how he wants you in his life. How he’s gonna get you and his initials tattooed on him. Living together. Going on a vacation together. Posting you on Facebook, showing you off, tagging you in post. Buying you a ring. Bringing you home food from his job. Choosing you over his ex girlfriend. It seems like love to me but, is love more than just this? I mean I have a promise ring. Whenever I hint about doing something as a couple by sharing a post on Facebook or meme or quote he comments and says we’re gonna do just that. Take cute pictures in a hotel tub/bathroom. It seems like love but on the other Side, when I see mature couples or older couples they don’t seem to do those things but they do seem to be genuinely in love.

Those are all actions. I believe love is more of a feeling.

So what exactly is it?

It's a waste of your life and youth. This is not a healthy relationship. It would benefit you greatly to find a good therapist to help you work on your self-worth so you don't cling to these meaningless gestures from a liar and cheater.

• Like 1
It happened on our anniversary of a year Being together yesterday. I told you guys him still being in contact with his ex meant nothing.

Because married guys never cheat?

• Like 3
It happened on our anniversary of a year Being together yesterday. I told you guys him still being in contact with his ex meant nothing.

did he splurge on the one carat diamond?

• Like 1