Out of town girl

confusedperson1882

confusedperson1882

So here’s my thing. I have read a lot of the things on here and wanted some ideas. The “other woman”thread really caught my attention. I have something similar going on, but want to take it a step further. Don’t worry, I’m not her.

My boyfriend lives next to this woman. She’s average in looks I’ll say that. I see him a couple times during the week as I live out of town about a few hours. I stay the night when I can. We could be making out, we could be watching TV and all of a sudden, oh I have to go smoke with so and so. He cooks and invites her over. I suspect they were sexually involved at one point. I want to move there in time. We have talked about getting a bigger and better place. Every so often I’ll hear, I don’t know why I’d give up the situation I have now? I have it good. He’ll even say, my parent’s don’t know why I want to do this since I have it good where I’m at. It sounds like they’re attached to his neighbor, and as I suspect him and her dated at some point. She’s constantly going to his parent’s house. She’s even going over when, he’s over with his son and claims he hasn’t seen them in a month or so. To me it’s like she’s trying to crash the party. In the 5 months we have been dating, I haven’t even met them. I had an encounter with his mom and politely introduced myself, but she acted snotty and just said hi and didn’t want to even have a conversation or try to get to know me, and went back to the conversation with him. Didn’t even bother him that, I wasn’t acknowledged or he didn’t even bother to say, I’d like you to meet my girl friend. His reaction was, best you probably didn’t talk to her, as they don’t understand why I don’t want to date his neighbor. And when allegedly he has tried to talk to them about me he tells me they told him, so and so would take you back in an instant, which makes me suspect they were an item. Is this relationship doomed? He has custody of his 9 year old son. They live in a dump that’s ready to fall apart. The son is home by himself a lot. The son is supposedly going to be home schooled, but who is going to be there with him during? My boyfriend wants sex more than talking and trying to do things like watch TV. When I don’t want to have sex, he’ll claim, I have to have it, I need it. If you can’t give it to me, girls line up just waiting for me. I can end it (the relationship)right now if this is the way it’s going to be. So guess what? I reluctantly give in and have sex with him. Yeah I love having it with him, but whenever he feels he needs it? Am I wrong for wanting to end this? Why do I feel bad for even thinking this way? I almost want to call Kid Protective services to report his kid isn’t being properly taken care of. I know if we were to break up, he’d move on and start sleeping with some other woman. Quite possibly the neighbor, who he tells me he doesn’t have feelings for. Help! Why do I want to stay with him?

MountainGirl111

There's a lot of things going on here that are not in your best interest. If I were you I'd break up with him; his attitude stinks. He's said some mean things to you and he's not making sure his son is being properly looked after; neglect. The thing with the neighbor lady would bother me. His mom being snotty would bother me too. Ask yourself if this is how you want to treated.

• Like 1

You have only been with him for 5 months. You see a lot of things that trouble you. So why do you want to stay? He has a kid. You suspect he's not telling you the truth about his relationship with the neighbor. You have reservations about things he says like home schooling. You disagree with his assessment of how good he has it; you think he lives in a dump.

What is the upside to trying to force this to work?