how would you take this?

wiseman6716

text 1- Take care of yourself (*persons name)

text 2-Thought you were past playing games. Not hard to figure things out. Should have more respect for people who give a **** about you. If its important to salvage any sort of a relationship or be in your life then you need to get your **** together and seriously think about things. You know how to reach me.

I’d take it that I probably need to work on some things, and that I could stick a fork in that relationship because it’s done.

• Like 1

I interpret that as I need to get my act together and have more self-awareness and that this person is currently done with me.

text 1- Take care of yourself (*persons name)

text 2-Thought you were past playing games. Not hard to figure things out. Should have more respect for people who give a **** about you. If its important to salvage any sort of a relationship or be in your life then you need to get your **** together and seriously think about things. You know how to reach me.

Neither one is good, just Block and forget...

MountainGirl111

The texter sounds frustrated and angry. Need more context to say otherwise. What kind of "games" could you be playing? Do you think you have been playing games or is that just how he's taking it? I'd say you'd need to contact him and have an honest discussion to really know what is meant by that. I discovered from an ex BF that his concept of playing games was way different than mine. Maybe that's why he's a ex. At any rate, darlin'. You do need to know what you do or do not want and go from there. If this possibly a relationship you'd like to salvage? You won't be able to do anything about that until you can answer that question.

MountainGirl111

You know how to reach him? That's precious. He knows how to reach you too...or does he? If he wants to "salvage" anything he needs to understand you don't send inflammatory texts using foul language. If he wants your respect he needs to show respect as well. This text is disrespectful. "Games"...hah! What games? That's too vague. He could assume you're playing games based upon how he's interprettng your behavior. If a guy sent me a text like this I'd tell him nothing will be salvaged as long as he communicates with me in this fashion. He needs to cool his jets and have a constructive conversation about it face to face. You are in charge of what goes on too. You can set your own pace. He's putting pressure on you.

how would you take this?

I'd take it by blocking her forever on everything. What she said should have been an in-face conversation. Has one taken place and you shined her on?

Since no one hasn't got something they need to work on, what does she need to be working on that's bringing disharmony to the relationship?

What's her issue with you? Why does she feel you're not meeting her expectations?

littleblackheart

Take the high road and send text 1 (assuming you're the sender).

Text 2 is needlessly aggressive, and also gives mixed messages - 'you know how to reach me' implies an open ending in case they sort themselves out; not a clean break or a good incentive to want to change, imo.

Edited by littleblackheart
I'd take it by blocking her forever on everything. What she said should have been an in-face conversation. Has one taken place and you shined her on?

Since no one hasn't got something they need to work on, what does she need to be working on that's bringing disharmony to the relationship?

What's her issue with you? Why does she feel you're not meeting her expectations?

Conversely

I'd take it by blocking him forever on everything. What he said should have been an in-face conversation. Has one taken place and you shined him on?

Since no one hasn't got something they need to work on, what does he need to be working on that's bringing disharmony to the relationship?

What's his issue with you? Why does he feel you're not meeting his expectations?

I see passive aggressive vague communication for sure. I'm guessing it like this "ok goodbye for good!" Then "You should know what's wrong, and if you don't you better figure it out. You should care! as much as I care!....ok talk to you soon"