LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

I texted too much...how to recover

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th August 2018, 9:21 AM   #1
Established Member

I texted too much...how to recover

Hi- Iím a 31 y/o guy. I recently met a girl, through a friend. We got along quite well when we met so I asked her to dinner. We went out to dinner and both had a great time. We had a wonderful kiss after dinner. She texted me that night, thanked me for dinner, etc. Then texted me again the following day with a music recommendation we discussed at dinner. We have texted each day since then (itís been 3 days).

Yesterday she texted me and we started talking about another music reccomwbdation that she sent me. Then I sent her a music reccomendarion and I noticed that for each of her texts, Iíve been sending like 3-4 messages.

She didnít respond for a couple of hours then she responded. Iím not sure that I really became too annoying or anything but I think I overdid it a little.

Sheís leaving today for an international trip.

Should I wait for her to text me again or should I send her something?
thr1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 9:33 AM   #2
Established Member

Text her briefly, if you want, and wish her safe travels.

But then the ball is firmly in her court. Don't text again until she reaches out to you and initiates a separate conversation.
Finding my way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 9:33 AM   #3
Established Member

I mostly just sort of got overly excited I think and started saying too much and then when I did that, the conversation kind of died off. Sheís the one who started the conversation...
Old 12th August 2018, 9:37 AM   #4
Established Member

Listen to FindingMyWay. Send one more text wishing her well on her travels. Leave it open enough so she can respond back to you while she's away but definitely once she gets back. After that, sit on your hands. No more texting her. She has to initiate.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 9:42 AM   #5
Established Member

Thanks for the advice. I just sent her a text, ďsafe travels todayĒ but it looks like sheís already on her flight. It wasnít delivered. Iíll wait to hear from her now
Old 12th August 2018, 11:50 AM   #6
Established Member

Are these 3-4 messages consecutive? or were you waiting for a reply in between? If they are consecutive it's not so bad because although they're separate texts they're still only one thought. You just hit send more often that's all.
Gretchen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 12:15 PM   #7
Established Member

Don't even worry about it, just dial it back from now on. That's a minor infraction, and if a woman's going to dump you over showing interest, you don't want her anyway.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 12:28 PM   #8
Established Member

Seems like a no-brainer. Do one text at a time and wait to see if she answers. Do NOT keep texting when there is nothing to say. Do not keep texting just to be in contact with her. It takes too much of her time and it's very desperate. I don't think you've gone too far over the line yet but the fact she's not returning all of them tells me she doesn't want to text that much. So text her when you have a reason, such as asking her out or seeing if she got home safe and stop just yammering to her on text.
Old 12th August 2018, 6:56 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr1986 View Post
Hi- Iím a 31 y/o guy. I recently met a girl, through a friend. We got along quite well when we met so I asked her to dinner. We went out to dinner and both had a great time. We had a wonderful kiss after dinner. She texted me that night, thanked me for dinner, etc. Then texted me again the following day with a music recommendation we discussed at dinner. We have texted each day since then (itís been 3 days).

Yesterday she texted me and we started talking about another music reccomwbdation that she sent me. Then I sent her a music reccomendarion and I noticed that for each of her texts, Iíve been sending like 3-4 messages.

She didnít respond for a couple of hours then she responded. Iím not sure that I really became too annoying or anything but I think I overdid it a little.

Sheís leaving today for an international trip.

Should I wait for her to text me again or should I send her something?
Don't text her. Sounds like you still have a lot of "Love" in you. Just ignore that part of yourself. It always leads you down the wrong path. Women should be chasing you. Not the other way around. Believe me.
Larry56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 6:22 AM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
Seems like a no-brainer. Do one text at a time and wait to see if she answers. Do NOT keep texting when there is nothing to say. Do not keep texting just to be in contact with her. It takes too much of her time and it's very desperate. I don't think you've gone too far over the line yet but the fact she's not returning all of them tells me she doesn't want to text that much. So text her when you have a reason, such as asking her out or seeing if she got home safe and stop just yammering to her on text.
Youíre correct in that - when I texted multiple times, it was all one thought. I never sent a text that didnít receive a response - I think she likes me but Iím just having trouble gauging how to keep the conversation going for 2 weeks while sheís overseas following a great first date...
Old 14th August 2018, 6:33 AM   #11
Established Member

Or maybe I donít need to worry about keeping the conversation going while sheís away. Perhaps I can let her contact me on her own time if she wants to or when sheís returned. We made tentative plans to go to a concert together in about a month, so we will definitely need to touch base regarding that at some point
Old 26th August 2018, 2:34 AM   #12
Established Member

Fast forward 2 weeks... sheís back from her trip. We made dinner plans, go to dinner, have a great time, go to a couple of bars afterwards then back to my place and for some reason (never happened) I canít ...you know.... she doesnít seem to make a big deal about it. But kinda seemed disappointed. Thoughts?
Old 26th August 2018, 10:03 AM   #13
Established Member

Glad you had a nice date.

I'm not following the rest of your thought. You went back to your place. Then what never happened? Sex? It didn't happen because you couldn't? Then she was disappointed? Well gee, of course she was disappointed. She had been looking forward to it & it didn't happen. What did you expect her to be happy that there were technical difficulties? That would be cruel. Past a certain age or with too much booze or anxiety, these things happen. Keep talking & dating. Hopefully the next time things will be OK.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2018, 11:51 AM   #14
Established Member

Yes. If was a wonderful night but then I (for some unknown reason) couldnít perform. I think it was the alcohol even though Iíve been fine on that much alcohol before.

She left some Jewlery here so Iíll have to see her again. I told her last night I was enjoying getting to know her.

How long should I wait until I reach back out to her? I like her. I sort of want to just text her again today but maybe I should wait
Old 26th August 2018, 12:01 PM   #15
Established Member

Maybe the technical difficulties were because you are really anxious about this woman. Try to relax and not worry so much (I know, easier said than done). Text her if you want to text but don't get so hung up on how long it takes her to respond, how many texts she sends, etc. You're putting way too much pressure on yourself.
Finding my way is offline   Reply With Quote