Case of the Ex!

Okay, here is the deal. What is the boundaries when your boyfriend still talks to his ex? Should I aknowledge that he is a good guy and still has a "friendly" relationship with his ex. But it is his only ex and she was like 3 years ago? What is up with that? :(

it is possible to be friends with an x and just friends. I am with two of mine, but my boyf now (who is likely to not be tomorrow) thinks i have cheated on him as one of these x's came to my house last night and we just chatted, but he got into my bed when i was asleep and my boyf walked in. It is possible to have an x as a friend but then it could also be possible that the x is still interested however that doesnt mean your boyf is. If he is generally a nice guy then maybe he finds it easier to be friends with her if she was part of his life for some time. I guess it ultimately depends how much you trust him and his feelings for you. My boyfriend clearly doesnt trust me and that i was just friends with my x.

VirginiaBob

"i am friends with some people i have slept with"

yea, it and probably really pizzes off your current girlfriend/wife. Don't do it.

• Author

Last night I spoke to him and admitted that I was a little uncomfortable and he stated that he has had this same particular problem with his other girlfriends and them feeling uncomfortable. He said they are just friends (ex)and he would never go back to that again. they have been friends even before they started dating. See the thing was he would talk about her all the time, and always look at her house (small town). He doesn't have as many friends as he used to and she is someone he keeps in contact with cause they are friends. I told him the reason that I felt uncomfortable was because he has never reassured me about how he feels about me, also when we started dating he told me that his ex might try to hit on him and try to get him to go home with her, and that I shouldn't be worried about it. I trust him but I don't trust her intentions. She is nice to me, she talks to me and waves to me. Should I just let it be? I feel alot better about telling him but I feel stupid, and am embarressed. Should I ? :o

I am friends with a few of my exes, and we will still be friends even when one or both of us have new partners. As long as that is all it is, you've got nothing to worry about. Maybe you should try to be friends with her too, to ease the tension?