Asking girl out on dating site months after chat?

Berteau

I was chatting with a girl on a dating app 6 months ago and we were going to meet up and then just stopped communicating. She agreed to meet after she got back from vacation and I just never followed up to set it up, Is it totally weird to message her now and see if she still wants to meet up?

Here's the bigger problem. You need to adjust your way of thinking. You come across as very timid and lacking confidence.

For example, if it was me, and I found myself running out of girls to call and nothing promising was coming down the pike, and I came across the name of a girl I chatted with 6 months ago I wouldn't be thinking "will she think I'm weird for contacting her". The thought would never cross my mind because I'm a confident guy and I don't play those self inflicted painful mind games where I worry about what people might think of me or my actions. My only thought would be coming up with a good reason why I haven't contacted her in 6 months so I'd have a reasonably good chance of getting a date out of the deal. Lots of people disappear and come back months later on dating sites, usually for one reason- they meet one or more people and it just doesn't work out. Which is what I'd tell her. You were busy with other things and other people and her name just sort of got lost somewhere along the line. If anything, she'll be more interested rather than less, unless of course she wasn't the least bit interested in the first place or she's with someone in which case none of this matters.

Lotsgoingon

You send a simple greeting.

Hey, how you doing. Haven't talked for a while. I'm doing well. How have you been?

And if you remember something about her or an event she had coming up, you can add that. How was graduation?

That's a "feeler" ... reconnecting and feeling her out ... seeing how she responds.

If her response has some enthusiasm, you send her another text ... if you notice energy between you, you can ask her out.

If you have a great memory and something specific brought her to your mind, it's cool to mention that. I was at the amusement park, and I remembered that you had a thing for riding roller coasters. How you been?

• Like 1
  • Author
You send a simple greeting.

Hey, how you doing. Haven't talked for a while. I'm doing well. How have you been?

And if you remember something about her or an event she had coming up, you can add that. How was graduation?

That's a "feeler" ... reconnecting and feeling her out ... seeing how she responds.

If her response has some enthusiasm, you send her another text ... if you notice energy between you, you can ask her out.

If you have a great memory and something specific brought her to your mind, it's cool to mention that. I was at the amusement park, and I remembered that you had a thing for riding roller coasters. How you been?

Best response. Thanks.

• Like 1
Lotsgoingon

Funny relevant story.

I recently have reached out like this to people I haven't seen for like ten years.

I am hosting some parties and wanted to invite these people because even though they aren't friends, they're really great people. I have great memories of them as former neighbors or fellow participants in a hobby group.

So I sent out feelers first ... before asking inviting them to one of my parties.

One guy and his wife came to the first party. Scheduling a coffee meeting with the other person. Assuming the coffee goes well, I'll invite her and her husband to the party.

I was chatting with a girl on a dating app 6 months ago and we were going to meet up and then just stopped communicating. She agreed to meet after she got back from vacation and I just never followed up to set it up, Is it totally weird to message her now and see if she still wants to meet up?

you can message her but don't expect much

mortensorchid

^ This.

I for one would not respond to someone who tried contacting me 6 months after our last contact no matter what it is or is not. That reeks of desperation to me.