Going on a date with a taller woman

Been talking to this woman in Bumble - she seems lovely and is attravtive but judging by her pictures she is a bit taller than me. I am 5 foot 9 and I reckon she's about 6 foot.

We have a date scheduled but wondering if this is going to be a big issue. I don't know if she is aware how I am much smaller as it's hard to judge from my pictures.

stillafool

She's aware and is probably self conscious about how you are feeling about it. If you're fine with it I'm sure she will be also. Just tell her how nice she looks and have a great time.

• Like 1
coolheadal
Been talking to this woman in Bumble - she seems lovely and is attravtive but judging by her pictures she is a bit taller than me. I am 5 foot 9 and I reckon she's about 6 foot.

We have a date scheduled but wondering if this is going to be a big issue. I don't know if she is aware how I am much smaller as it's hard to judge from my pictures.

I have to be honest here my very first date from online dating was a girl who was over 6 FT I am only 5.10 FT. I did go on the first date to see if we could connect. She had some hidden agenda like she was seeing a married man and she lived over 1 hr away. If she doesn't have a hidden agenda go for it what do you got to loose! You might get along just never know. If she doesn't have a problem with your height and also don't let your ego stand in the way for a chance of true love my friend. We men make the sillies simple mistakes when it comes to women and their height! Don't you be one of those okay. Have fun! Make sure you smile okay!

before you go on a date scroll through the internet looking a pictures of famous couples where she is so much taller:

Nicole Kidman & Tom Cruise (OK anybody who ever dated Tom Cruise, including Katie Holms)

Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban

Susan Anton & Dudly Moore

Seth Green & his GF

Daniel Radcliff & his GF

Rhea Pearlman & Danny DeVito

Really don's stress.

In heels I'm taller than my husband; my mom was taller than my dad. You two are close in height. If anything you should feel more like a stud because a tall woman agreed to date you.

• Like 3
Lotsgoingon

Dude, if she's tall, she's quite aware that you may not be as tall as she is.

Typically tall women fall into two camps:

One camp wants to date guys as tall as they are or taller. One woman I met said a taller guy makes her feel more "feminine."

Another camp doesn't really care. They don't need a guy to be as tall as they are to feel he's masculine, strong, sexy and all that.

I dated a woman who was a good three inches taller--more when she wore heals ... which she typically did! ... And she was really hot ... I don't think I even had a single conversation about this ... It was clear she was into me ... and I was into her ... Oh ... now I'm remembering I dated another woman who was taller. Again, she didn't give one flying flick about it.

Bring your a-game to the date and rock and roll!

• Like 2

In my experience I've found that women who are tall quite often have decided not to make height such an issue, because to do so restricts their choice quite a lot.

• Like 4

[quote=Sbla22;7592913 I am 5 foot 9 and I reckon she's about 6 foot.

is that with heels or barefoot?

Tall women usually are used to being the tall one in the relationship. I wouldnt worry too much about it. If ur cool with it, she will be too.

• Like 4

Whether this is an issue or not depends upon how you both feel about it.

As someone who has mostly been with taller women, which also include my ex-wife (3" taller) and current wife (4" taller). With the tallest one being (1' taller), I can relate that for some of us it is a non-issue.

That said I find it easier to hold hands while walking together, if I walk on the higher side of the footpath.

Edited by 5x5
Ruby Slippers

I've never used Bumble - there's not a place to specify your height?

Though not as tall as your date, I'm pretty tall and I'm cool dating shorter men. As long as they don't make an issue of it, I don't mind. Pretty much every man asks upfront what I think about it, and I say I'm fine with it if you are.

• Like 2

I'm 5'8", not that tall, but still taller than some men I meet. My being taller than a guy doesn't bother me unless he acts uncomfortable about it. So keep the date and see how it goes. If you have a good connection height shouldn't matter unless one of you is shallow :)

• Like 2
If you have a good connection height shouldn't matter unless one of you is shallow :)

Couldn't agree more. If she's going to make a big deal out of height then she's not someone you should be dating anyway.

You're also worried based on pictures. She might just look tall in her photos and not be as tall as you expect. The only way to find out is to go on that date.

So I gather you didn't state your height on your profile? It could have saved you this angst. But if she hasn't asked, I wouldn't worry about it. She probably doesn't care. Don't act weird about it.

This is one of those situations where, as cliche as it sounds, confidence is everything. Just don't let it get to you.

I am 5'10 and my now ex-wife is 6'. In our happy days, we used to bust each other's chops for fun. If she put on a pair of heels, she would tower over me, and make some joke about me being a short guy. I'd say something back like I am average height, and she is the freakishly tall Amazon woman. She would just smile and say I like her long legs or something like that. Well, I kinda did. Just go with the flow, man.

Aww really adorable. See op.

I remember reading a story on reddit in the r/relationships thread. It was about a young man that had a huge crush on a girl. She was 6ft and he was guess what 5ft. Yep, you read that right.

They were friends and he decided that he would tell her his feelings. And she felt the same! She was concerned he wouldn't like her because she is so much taller than him.

In terms of race, I was also afraid that my ex wouldn't date me. But I tried anyway and for a while we were happy.

Sometimes if you really like the person, you should take the chance. The worst that can happen is it doesn't work out. But hey at least you aren't left with any whatifs.

Edited by HiCrunchy
  • Like 1

My tallest sexual partner was around 6'3", I am 5'3". Having also been married to two taller women who are 5'6" (ex-wife) and 5'7" (2nd current wife), and having been with other taller women. I prefer being with taller women, and enjoy being out with them and feel comfortable with them even when they wear heels.

• Like 2

i'm 5'11" and I like to date women 4 or 5 inches shorter than me

I don’t date shorter guys but I’m not 6 feet tall.

If your height is in your profile then she knows and doesn’t mind

• Like 2
I don’t date shorter guys but I’m not 6 feet tall.

If your height is in your profile then she knows and doesn’t mind

men lie about height, women lie about age

CantTakeMySmile

I don't think it matters how she feels about it, because you can't change that.

How do YOU feel about it?

People online lie all the time. I don’t see the point though if you are going to meet someone? There’s nothing indicating OP is lying

QUOTE=alphamale;7593551]men lie about height, women lie about age

• Like 1