Should i give up on my dream or on my lover ?

Betyy9993

Hello everybody,

I am from Morocco ,i'm 19 years old, i'm so obsessed with korea since a very young age,so my dream is to live in Korea and i'm working hard on it.

In 2016, I had a crush he is half korean half moroccan ( his mother is korean and his father is moroccan) , he is 6 years older than me, he had a girlfriend back then and they were on the point to get married but they broke up. At that time he didn't even know that i exist.

This year he started talking to me, he said that he likes me and he likes to talk with, he wants to have a serious relationship with me, and he wants to develop it in the futur which means that i'll have to forget about my dream... He said that he doesn't want to see me hurt when i give up on my dream but at the same time he wants me to be with him....

I know it's very complicated but i need help...

I can't advise anyone to set aside their dreams for a man or woman. I mean, you don't know how that will go. I think all you can do is date him and he knows you have this dream and see if it even turns into a big relationship or not. It may have run its course by the time you are able to move.

• Like 2

You go first, always.

Focus on studying for your favorite profession and set path for where you want to be in the next few years. If somebody wants to be with you he has to be compatible with your objectives.

AND you are too young, which means:

- whoever you date now will probably not be the love of your life, you need a few relationships to learn what you really want in life

- at your age you still have a huge amount of opportunities regarding dating, if this guy cannot share your path, find another

• Like 1

Why does it have to be all or nothing?

You are 19. Unless you are moving to Korea next week, you can date him now. There is no guarantee that you will stay together. Perhaps if your relationship develops, you can travel to Korea to visit together.

When you are ready to move to Korea then will have a potentially tough decision to make but it certainly doesn't have to be made right now.

As preraph said, never give up your dreams for another person.

DrReplyInRhymes

Follow your dreams, for they are from your heart,

The right man will encourage you to do this from the start.

• Like 2
Romantic_Antics
Follow your dreams, for they are from your heart,The right man will encourage you to do this from the start.

I've seen you reply in rhymes and I really wonder

if we could collaborate so I don't steal your thunder.

I don't seek to boast; your approach is quite unique to post

and I believe we'd shine to the masses like a preacher's ghost.

I've been delighted to find these hidden treasures of rhymes,

so even if we don't connect just know the pleasure was mine.

• Like 3
DrReplyInRhymes
I've seen you reply in rhymes and I really wonder

if we could collaborate so I don't steal your thunder.

I don't seek to boast; your approach is quite unique to post

and I believe we'd shine to the masses like a preacher's ghost.

I've been delighted to find these hidden treasures of rhymes,

so even if we don't connect just know the pleasure was mine.

****, you're showing me up!

Of course you can steal my thunder, rhyming while posting was simply something I wanted to do in order to combat my commitment issues. I made a commitment to rhyme for 1 year with every reply I made and now that year has passed but I've stuck to rhyming most of my replies.

It seems like you do it so much better though, DON'T STOP!

• Like 1

If you can't take him with you, then follow your dreams.

Why should you give up your dream? Maybe he can give up his dream and go with you!

If he doesn't want to, then you then he isn't for you.