Why can I not stop thinking about her?

Hi everyone,

I am a 33 F and I met a 35 F off a dating app. This is my first date after a 10 year relationship. The first time I met her I felt a bit annoyed by her and bored. No attraction or anything. This isn't unusual for me so I gave her another shot since I almost always feel this way about new people.

Second date and I felt an instant connection. Seriously, once I saw her standing there in the window I realized how wrong I was the first time. I've been texting her for the past three days and we're trying to set up a new date for tomorrow.

The problem is though I've never felt such an immediate attraction to someone. I'm getting really nervous over this. I can't stop thinking About her and analyzing our texts. What does all of this mean?

Do NOT make the same mistakes I made.

DO NOT show too much interest or that you're into her too much.

No flowers/cards/gifts or even poetry.

Do action dates. Bowling, billiards, shopping...play air hockey...

Don't bring up being exclusive, don't put out relationship energy.

Just focus on having fun. Invite her back to your place.

• Like 1

What does your mind in turmoil, and your heart off-balance mean?

It means you're over thinking this.

My suggestion would be to meet with her again very soon, and do your best not to think about it. Get your mind set on a setting of "no big deal", like you're meeting a neighbor for iced tea in the back yard or something.

Also, you need to make other plans with other friends, STAT. You are letting yourself make this into something out of proportion to the scope of time you've spent with her or how well you know her. I realize it's exciting and a fun feeling, as I have recently let myself get taken away with this with a new woman.

Try and leave some room for surprises as you get to know her.

Best Wishes,

Sunlight