date range for a 64 year old man

nospam99

I was inspired to start this thread because a 'younger' guy (36) got a similar one going.

Yes, I'm 64. But people who don't know guess mid-50s down to as low as 49 based of my looks (I look young, but I'm not as handsome or jacked as an actor). I've got good genetics (90 y/o mom can pass for 75) and have kept myself in good shape by a lifetime of healthy eating and exercise. I'm also what I'd call moderately physically active with rock scrambling and Class 2 whitewater being my limits, neither of which I see as 'excessively' strenuous. Though I don't see any other guys who appear to be even as old as I look out there on the boulders or in the kayaks.

I'm meeting women exclusively through OLD and speed dating. So ... though I bet there's some out there, I've yet to encounter a woman older than 63 who is active enough to 'play' with me. On the lower age end, I've been trying to keep my minimum age to about 57 because it seems most of the OLD ladies any younger than that have their own upper limits for men they wish to meet at 62-63.

What do some of y'all think? How wise would it be for me to consider 'robbing the cradle' by asking to meet and date 'younger' women - say 52-56?

Edited by nospam99

I say why not, go for it. If you don't try, you won't know. Plus, maybe not all or majority do have upper limit but, if only one, the right one doesn't see age as a barrier, that is all you need. And, of course 10 years is not a significant difference.

As for the other poster, I got slightly annoyed that he doesn't want 5 years than himself younger women, but is puzzled why girls in their 20s do not want 10 years older. :mad::mad::mad:. Like... really?

What do some of y'all think? How wise would it be for me to consider 'robbing the cradle' by asking to meet and date 'younger' women - say 52-56?

I'd say you can even go as low as 50 if all you're saying is accurate...

• Like 1

55-70. Seems most are clearly out of the pause by 55. At the other end I've met some pretty awesome 70yo ladies too.

salparadise
How wise would it be for me to consider 'robbing the cradle' by asking to meet and date 'younger' women - say 52-56?

It's fine. Go for it. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

I'm an older man as well, and date younger almost exclusively. My previous relationship was with a woman almost 12 years younger. Before that, a few with about 9 years difference. I've dated a few closer to my age but they just never worked out for one reason or another. Some lose their sex drive after menopause, which of course is a deal breaker for me.

I know this is going to irritate some women, but younger women with an older man is the natural order. There's an evolutionary reason that works and the inverse does not. I'll spare you the the explanation, as I'm sure you either know already or can do the arithmetic.

There are quite a few women who prefer older men. You see it all on OLD. I had a women 18 years younger approach me not too long ago. I brought up the age differential and she said it wasn't an issue for her, and that she generally feels more comfortable with an older man. We went out a few times. On her profile, her age range starts at her age and goes up 20. On my profile, it starts at my age and goes down 20. I wouldn't think twice about dating a woman 20 years younger... except then the birth control issue is suddenly there again... I'd get snipped if it looked like we were in for the long haul.

I've never talked about it before on here, but I've had FWBs in their early 20s since being divorced, and they were into it. And no, I was not sugga-daddying.

I don't know how age differential started being seen as some kind of a morality problem, but I just laugh when people think that way. When I was around 24 I had an older female cousin set me up with the daughter of the man she was dating. The daughter was 16 (and gorgeous). It was way too much difference for me at that age, but the adults didn't mind one bit. History, including the Bible (for the moralists), is full of examples where men marry women much younger (but not the inverse).

50 to as high as you are comfortable with

OLD is weird. My husband & I never would have connected there because I was above his upper limit & he was below my lower limit.

After your mid 20s age is just a number.

• Like 1

In the old days, young men would make their mark, establish their security for mating, then pick a virgin to marry and reproduce with. As recently as less than 100 years ago, all of my mom's 8 sisters were either married or betrothed before they were 18, and to older men. She, second youngest, was not; she was 'the rebel'. Her younger sister was betrothed to a war veteran, 26, when she was 16, and married him at 18 and was married to him for 56 years until he died.

Given that women still generally live longer than men, I can see traction for dating/mating/living with an older woman to equal things out, else she ends up in the caretaker role. That was the biggest reason my mom didn't want to date after dad died, leaving her a widow in her early sixties (he was older). She didn't want to take care of another sick man (he died of cancer). She didn't and lived as a widow for another 25 years.

I don't think the date range you suggest is unreasonable. Go for it! I am assuming you will be evaluating a potential partner on more than just their birthday, so if she seems mature, you have similar lifestyles, goals and otherwise click - so what if she is 10-15 years younger.

Age differences are most noticeable when one of the partners is still in their 20s. In your 50s and 60s, mostly people are settled and mature adults, know what they are looking for. Go rob that cradle! ;)

Well, since you asked,

my opinion would be - if the two people click, 10 years difference is no big deal. I was married to a woman 10 years older than myself, until she decided to leave. More than 15 years, big deal.

That said, I find myself dating and talking marriage with a woman 17 years younger. She picked me up. She's not a nut, she has lived about 3 times a typical American life in her lifetime. She doesn't have much patience for men her age.

I also know a vibrant 72 year old man who is married to a late 30's woman. Sounds ridiculous. In person, they are fun to be around, easy going and cheerful. I met them at a work party, and at first I thought I'd heard him wrong when he said he is the husband of xxxx. At the same party, I met a couple who are in their late 20's. The 20's couple are (!) looking forward to retirement and consumed with talk of possible health problems.

It really depends on the particular people.

I would suggest putting your age preferences at a wide stance (like 49 - 69), and stating briefly in the words that you are more interested in dating a woman who enjoys your pace of life than you are interested in a woman of any particular age, and list some of your active hobbies. Don't be shy, just be honest.

Edited by Sunlight72
  • Like 2
I would suggest putting your age preferences at a wide stance (like 49 - 69), and stating briefly in the words that you are more interested in dating a woman who enjoys your pace of life than you are interested in a woman of any particular age, and list some of your active hobbies. Don't be shy, just be honest.

This is brilliant advice!

• Like 1
amaysngrace

Half your age plus seven so don't go younger than 39 or you will seem weird.

• Like 1
Lotsgoingon

I read your post and immediately thought of a woman I know, a mentor.

She is 75 ... and yes, she's an aunt-mentor figure ... But truly she's hot ... stylish ... elegant ... goes horseback riding ... skis ... bikes ... walks ... travels ... and some of the women she hangs out with are 20 and 30 years younger.

She was dating online a while back ... and she ran into a lot of men of your age or so ... who said they wanted younger women ... and I would shake my head and say to her, "if only they knew how active you are." ... And ... if only they saw her in person, I would say to myself silently ... because photos did not capture how attractive she was ... just a quirk ...

Well, she found a guy ... a few years younger in fact ... and they travel and do all kinds of fun stuff together ...

Best advice is what someone else has given you ... Emphasize you're looking for an active life in your profile ... and be really specific about the activities you do ... and let that be your message to younger women ... and be open to an energetic woman your age or older ...

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

Whether you can successfully go younger is really entirely up to your mindset and life philosophy..Sure, being in shape helps, but if you have a typical mid 60's guys brain, goals and ways, then you probably wont have much success..

Another thing, if your dick doesn't work too good or your libido is in the toilet, then that's gonna be an issue ....women at the age you are talking about want a lot of d...tighten your chinstrap buddy...:laugh:

TFY

I'm not buying the look younger thing (organs amortize no matter how we perceive ourselves ;))

But at 64 you can easily date women at 45-50 or older. I know guys at your age dating 30 year olds - this looks a bit weird, but a mature lady at 45 or 50 can be great for you. Or an older one - there are 70 year olds looking great. You can also go as old as you feel like.

I was inspired to start this thread because a 'younger' guy (36) got a similar one going.

Yes, I'm 64. But people who don't know guess mid-50s down to as low as 49 based of my looks (I look young, but I'm not as handsome or jacked as an actor). I've got good genetics (90 y/o mom can pass for 75) and have kept myself in good shape by a lifetime of healthy eating and exercise. I'm also what I'd call moderately physically active with rock scrambling and Class 2 whitewater being my limits, neither of which I see as 'excessively' strenuous. Though I don't see any other guys who appear to be even as old as I look out there on the boulders or in the kayaks.

I'm meeting women exclusively through OLD and speed dating. So ... though I bet there's some out there, I've yet to encounter a woman older than 63 who is active enough to 'play' with me. On the lower age end, I've been trying to keep my minimum age to about 57 because it seems most of the OLD ladies any younger than that have their own upper limits for men they wish to meet at 62-63.

CautiouslyOptimistic

You can definitely be going younger, NS. I think plenty of women in their early fifties would date a 64 year old :).

thefooloftheyear

To follow up my previous post...

Good news for older guys that still have interest in women/relationships/sex..

Most 45-55 yr old guys that have their shyt together are highly coveted..If they are good looking, fit, wealthy, etc..they can pretty much have anything they want...They are probably the male equivalent of the hot 20 something woman..

Most will probably still want to be with like aged women, but they are going to select from the top tier of those..Successful, attractive, slim/fit etc..

All of the rest of the other women in that age range then either have to pick from the rest of the sloppy, broke, beer gut slugs out there..Or they can find an older guy that looks decent and still has some left in the tank...

The numbers are in the favor of guys here...;)

TFY

• Like 1
The numbers are in the favor of guys here...;)

TFY

yes, I agree tfoty. I always say that women have the advantage when young but men get the dating advantage when older.

• Author
yes, I agree tfoty. I always say that women have the advantage when young but men get the dating advantage when older.

Interesting and probably true. But ... I've found that I still have to do the chasing. While I get 'interest' from many 'similar-aged' women, with a singular exception those interested enough to contact me are either geographically undesirable, physically undesirable, or probable romance scams/working grrlz. The advantage is there, but still must be nurtured.

And since I'm posting, thanks for all the replies, especially those that have encouraged me to rob the cradle.