date range for a 36 years old single man

I am a 36 years old single man. I never married before. I want to date women within the age range 25 to 31. But I found that many women within this age range do not want to date mid aged man. I don't want to date women close or over my age. I am afraid if I am hit 40 years old, it will be much harder for me to find younger women. I hope some young women in this forum can give me some suggestions. Or tell me what is the realistic date range for me?:(

Why do you want to date younger women?

Nowadays women look hot hot hot at any age. Why do you think SO many younger men chase women 40ish.

At 36 you can date from 26 to 46.

• Like 1
I am a 36 years old single man. I never married before. I want to date women within the age range 25 to 31. But I found that many women within this age range do not want to date mid aged man. I don't want to date women close or over my age. I am afraid if I am hit 40 years old, it will be much harder for me to find younger women. I hope some young women in this forum can give me some suggestions. Or tell me what is the realistic date range for me?:(

I hear you my friend sure we all want to date them younger because we know those our ages will never get along, if they were treated bad, rough or just way to toxic. I say the nice ones are gone and are married and with kids. What's left is what we all have to deal with. You want a certain range then you need to find a woman in the range that loves you for you and not by your age. That's the challenge. I started looking higher to my age but not my age. I found some 10 years older than me. I found myself not on the same page as them.

What do you want women with or without kids? If you don't have kids you should find a woman without kids. Because if you never experience child birth process then it's not fair for you to raise someone else kid and if the baby daddy around the corner then it's a full house for you.

You can choose whoever you want in the age range should be 25 and up for you. If you are showing grey color it up. Make yourself stand out. Wear modern men clothing. Smell good also. Smile more look confident not weak. Don't please too much either. Clean up your car/truck/suv whatever you drive.

Take a walk in the park get a dog and walk it around find women who loves dogs if you like them that way. Still one thing GOD didn't give us men is the road map for dating our partner. This is what we have to do now.. LOL

If you want marriage and kids, your stated range is your best age range. It may be hard to find women in this range, as most are already in relationships, and most have children. The younger ones may not, but then you're looking at a 10 year gap - not huge, but pushing the limits of what most people find works and find comfortable. However, if children are your goal, you'll just have to keep searching - you really aren't too old for them at this point, but when you reach 40, your best available prospects will be mid-30s and up - and getting kind of old for children, though.

• Author

Thanks.

Yeah, I agree with you that many older women still very hot and sexy. I learned that women over 35 is risky in giving birth. So, I would like to go for younger women.

It has nothing to do with your age, it has a lot to do with how you look and carry yourself. If you look your age, and don't dress trendy and act your age, you won't catch a young lady's eye. You pretty much have to be into what the are into, like music wise, etc..going to clubs/dancing...an active, adventurous life style.

Thanks.

I learned that women over 35 is risky in giving birth.

This is no longer valid. With medical advancement, and the fact we are living longer, woman are able to have children well into their 40's.

• Author
If you want marriage and kids, your stated range is your best age range. It may be hard to find women in this range, as most are already in relationships, and most have children. The younger ones may not, but then you're looking at a 10 year gap - not huge, but pushing the limits of what most people find works and find comfortable. However, if children are your goal, you'll just have to keep searching - you really aren't too old for them at this point, but when you reach 40, your best available prospects will be mid-30s and up - and getting kind of old for children, though.

You are so true. This is really my dilemma now. Most of the interesting women are either in a relationship or have already established family. I never married before, so I still really want to have biological children. That pushes me for younger women. Some some younger women still thinks that 36 years old is out of their date range. This really makes me feel bad. Yeah, if I hit 40 year, I might have only to find divorced women to married because there are so many left for me... Time flies.

normal person

It should be pretty easy to date younger women at your age if you're established and successful. Younger women will trade on their youth and beauty, you'll have to have a trait that's equally as valuable to them. So hopefully you've spent your time as a single guy focusing on your career and doing very well for yourself. If you haven't, they might struggle for a reason to date you on the surface. You're older without the upside. But at your age, you're basically on the top rung assuming you've done something with your life.

• Author
This is no longer valid. With medical advancement, and the fact we are living longer, woman are able to have children well into their 40's.

Thanks for letting me this. I feel I am not the person likes to go adventurous life...

• Author
It should be pretty easy to date younger women at your age if you're established and successful. Younger women will trade on their youth and beauty, you'll have to have a trait that's equally as valuable to them. So hopefully you've spent your time as a single guy focusing on your career and doing very well for yourself. If you haven't, they might struggle for a reason to date you on the surface. You're older without the upside. But at your age, you're basically on the top rung assuming you've done something with your life.

Yeah, you are right. I am working hard but I am nowhere to the so called successful.

Happy Lemming
I never married before, so I still really want to have biological children.

Have you researched hiring a surrogate??

I know this isn't exactly the scenario you envisioned, but if having your own biological children is very important to you, then some research may be in order.

Just my two cents...

Best of luck.

Edited by Happy Lemming
spacing

nw13c,

your main obstacles are your pride and your attitude.

You don't need 'women' to like you. You need to find the one woman you like, who likes you. Averages don't matter. One woman matters. You need to find her.

If you want to date and potentially marry a younger woman, do you know what you have to do? Ask out younger women.

Do other things - it is very important to have a full life - both for yourself and for your future girlfriend/wife. This is critically important.

But, besides that, you need to just be yourself, and speak to women you generally find of interest, and within minutes of saying hello ask them out. Specific place and time. Best way to do this is to have an active calendar of things you are doing that you enjoy on your own, and then when you meet someone you'd like to take on a date, invite her to a near-in-the-future activity you were planning to do.

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

If you actually do this, you will get turned down. This is where pride stops most people... they find it difficult to be turned down, and stay positive. You can do it though - the successful men (and women) do.

You will also meet women who are interested to accompany you on dates. The ones who are not interested, you can just nod politely, smile, and say, "Sure, OK. Have a nice day". The one(s) who are interested are out there, hoping someone like you will ask them out.

I am now dating a woman much younger than I am, but it turns out that she doesn't have much patience for men her own age. She is beautiful, and bored with men her age. If I were younger, she would not be interested in dating me. She is not the only woman like this. For some women, being older is the first requirement to begin dating.

She said 'hi' to me first, but within a few minutes I asked her out and she said yes. We've only been together a few months, and who knows how far it will go, but we have talked a good deal about marriage already.

I am telling you that you are the only one stopping you from dating some younger woman with whom you click. The only way to find her is to start asking, in person, and keep being charming and asking until you (surprise) find the one who says yes.

Best Wishes,

Sunlight

Edited by Sunlight72
  • Like 3
heavenonearth

I was 30 and my boyfriend 37 when he asked me out and guess what, now we are together for 1 year already.

There is still a lot of time for your potential partner to have children. Even if you date a woman your age, she can still have children in the coming 5 years.

And what if you date a 25 year old and you are together for 5 years and want kids and it turns out she is infertile?

I mean, something can ALWAYS happen.

I just think you should NOT limit your dating options to younger women, because the love of your life may be out of your desired age range.

So be less scared, be less proud, and instead just click '25-36' on that dating app, and go for it.

• Like 1

Open it up to 40 or so. Plenty of women in their 30s and 40s that want to settle down and have biological children.

• Like 1

Both my sister in law got pregnant of their first child at 36 and 38 with mo medical help or issues.

You should be worried about meeting someone compatible first. There is more to women then being incubators.

• Like 3
  • Author
I was 30 and my boyfriend 37 when he asked me out and guess what, now we are together for 1 year already.

There is still a lot of time for your potential partner to have children. Even if you date a woman your age, she can still have children in the coming 5 years.

And what if you date a 25 year old and you are together for 5 years and want kids and it turns out she is infertile?

I mean, something can ALWAYS happen.

I just think you should NOT limit your dating options to younger women, because the love of your life may be out of your desired age range.

So be less scared, be less proud, and instead just click '25-36' on that dating app, and go for it.

it is easier said than done. On dating app, most of my matches have married before or having children. I don't want to find divorced women...

• Author

I am a 36 years old single man. I am afraid that if I hit age 40 and still be single, does it mean that it is very hard for me to data women around age 26? If there are some women seeing my thread, can you guy tell us what is the maximum age gap can women accept when choosing men. Because women have many dating options these days

GorillaTheater
most of my matches have married before or having children. I don't want to find divorced women...

You're limiting your pool quite a bit with those parameters. What's the problem with divorced women?

• Like 2

40 years old is grandpa to a lot of 20-somethings. When I was 26, I thought people 32 were ancient and from another time. At this time, 36, I think you should be dating women 28 and up, for some maturity.

• Like 2

It's going to vary from woman to woman so you can't ask for generalizations. On OLD a 10 year gap will cause some to rebuff you & others to think you are casting too wide of a net or you are being inappropriately ageist & biased against "older" women your own age.

As a woman my advice is to get off OLD & get involved in your life. Be interesting & do a variety of things designed to bring joy in your life while exposing you to like minded people.

• Like 3
hippychick3

It's been almost 5 years since my then 33 year old boyfriend pursued me as a 43 year old divorced woman. He still finds her hot and sexy to this day. :D

• Like 3

My answer changes now that 2 threads have been merged. Based on what I read below you are an ageist. That in & of itself is a turn off.

After age 25ish everyone has a past & for some people that includes divorce & children After age 35 for you to reject somebody because they have been married before will limit your pool.

There are a few unmarried woman over age 35 out there who are great people. I was one of them but they are rare. My husband & I felt like we each found a unicorn in the other: a never married partner our age (over 34) with no kids. He was 34 & I was 39 when we met. Granted, by the time we got married & tried for kids it was too late.

That said, what do you really want . . . a partner / companion or a baby factory? While ideally that will be the same person, at your age, you may have to chose. There are other ways to become a parent including surrogacy & adoption.

You are free to want who you want but if at 36 you want a wife / mother of your children substantially below 30 you will only get a trophy wife if you can afford her: i.e. she gives you kids & you give her a lavish lifestyle.

Thanks.

Yeah, I agree with you that many older women still very hot and sexy. I learned that women over 35 is risky in giving birth. So, I would like to go for younger women.

it is easier said than done. On dating app, most of my matches have married before or having children. I don't want to find divorced women...
  • Like 1