being told I am the "go to" girl

fireleaf

I am very new to dating again and feel pretty naive about this, so I wanted to ask if a "go to" means something purely sexual. I have been dating this man for a couple of months now. We are getting close, but our relationship seems more like a FWB situation although I can see this turning into something more.

In a particular conversation he was asking me for a favor and then referred to me as his "go to" girl. Which is how he described his ex girlfriend to me when we first met. At some point I plan on asking him about it, but this is a tough question to ask for me. I would love any advice

CautiouslyOptimistic
I am very new to dating again and feel pretty naive about this, so I wanted to ask if a "go to" means something purely sexual. I have been dating this man for a couple of months now. We are getting close, but our relationship seems more like a FWB situation although I can see this turning into something more.

In a particular conversation he was asking me for a favor and then referred to me as his "go to" girl. Which is how he described his ex girlfriend to me when we first met. At some point I plan on asking him about it, but this is a tough question to ask for me. I would love any advice

You're the woman who does whatever he asks no matter how he treats you. No matter what he gives you in any way (emotionally, physically, sexually, spiritually).

I would not consider this a compliment.

You can "see" your relationship turning into something more then FWB....what makes you say this? Is it solely because of YOUR feelings or has he also indicated he wants a commitment?

• Like 2

What was the favor?

Without further context this sounds a bit transactional beyond the norm. Describe some desires, wants or needs which he shows interest in and a desire to satisfy.

• Like 1

It sounds more like you are the person he relies on for stuff. If he gets stranded, you will pick him up. You will run errands for him. Etc. It makes you sound kinda dull. If he used that phrase to describe his EX it's either how he defines his primary relationships or it's the kiss of death.

• Like 2

It could be interpreted as a compliment. The thing is though, I'm not sure it matters if he intended it as a compliment or not (he may have done). What's more important is how he views your relationship and whether that fits in with what you're looking for.

stillafool

I've heard that term used meaning that the "go to" person is the one with information on things. In otherwords you are smart and knowledgeable.

Why would that be a tough question for you to ask him what he meant?

It means you are reliable. "Go to" is more of something you can fall back on. Your situation in strictly casual IMO.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 2
PegNosePete
It means you are reliable. "Go to" is more of something you can fall back on. Your situation in strictly casual IMO.

Yes this is how I would understand it too.