I don’t know what to prepare

heavenonearth

heavenonearth

So, my boyfriend and I are dating for 1 year in exactly one week — and two days after that is his birthday.

Since he was just on a two week trip, and will return on the exact day of our anniversary, I am planning to surprise him on the day of his return.

Do you guys have any idea what i could do?

I already know i am baking him a cake. But i am scared i will overdo it because he will likely be tired and exhausted from his travel.

I can’t come up with anything. This is so unlike me because i usually am good at this. I have been brainstorming for weeks.

Please, loveshack peeps, i need your input.

CautiouslyOptimistic
So, my boyfriend and I are dating for 1 year in exactly one week — and two days after that is his birthday.

Since he was just on a two week trip, and will return on the exact day of our anniversary, I am planning to surprise him on the day of his return.

I already know i am baking him a cake. But i am scared i will overdo it because he will likely be tired and exhausted from his travel.

I can’t come up with anything. This is so unlike me because i usually am good at this. I have been brainstorming for weeks.

What time is his flight getting in and is he going to be jet-lagged?

• Author
heavenonearth
What time is his flight getting in and is he going to be jet-lagged?

I think he’ll be quite jet lagged. He lands at 8am.

I like the baking a cake idea.

I think that's sweet.

What are his top love languages?

Need more info about him... though I bet when you give it, you may find the solution yourself :)

Happy Lemming

Steak, baked potato, his favorite vegetable... You can't go wrong with a home cooked meal.

You already have the cake.

Once he recovers from the jet-lag, then maybe dinner out at his favorite restaurant??

• Like 1

Couples massage?

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

Then I suggest drawing a warm bath while you sit there with him (my last BF still talks about when I did this for him and he was not even jet-lagged), don't make him talk much unless he wants to, then tuck him in for a long nap with those thingies for over his eyes and be waiting for him when he wakes up <3.

• Like 1

You really should ask in advance if he'll by up to dinner (or whatever) the day he gets back. Let him know you'll plan something at home, but only if he doesn't think he'll be too jetlagged.

Don't know where he went, but don't cook anything you get from there. If he's like me after I've been out of Texas, I head straight for the TexMex place or a good hamburger. But you can't go wrong on most people with steak and baked potato, salad or green veg and dessert.

I would be tempted to spend the day in bed together, snuggling and napping. And, enjoying whatever happens when he wakes up! :love:

• Author
heavenonearth
I like the baking a cake idea.

I think that's sweet.

What are his top love languages?

Need more info about him... though I bet when you give it, you may find the solution yourself :)

Oh i have briefly heard about it but what are love languages? Please elaborate. I am willing to give more info. Haha.

• Author
heavenonearth
Then I suggest drawing a warm bath while you sit there with him (my last BF still talks about when I did this for him and he was not even jet-lagged), don't make him talk much unless he wants to, then tuck him in for a long nap with those thingies for over his eyes and be waiting for him when he wakes up <3.

I wish. He doesn’t have a bathtub.

I don’t have one either :(

Romantic_Antics

That puts a definite damper on things. I would suggest just doing something simple for now like buying him a card and telling him that you'll celebrate your anniversary on his birthday since he may very well be tired.

As for what you do for there, you could do something sexy like get a hotel room, something romantic like going out to dinner somewhere scenic like up in the mountains or near the ocean, or even something fun like a weekend camping trip. Whatever it is, you know him, his tastes, and your relationship better than we do. Don't over think it and just have fun. ;)

• Author
heavenonearth
Couples massage?

Oh massages are quite expensive where we live. I can’t afford that right now.

Should be something cheap.

I also was thinking of maybe taking him to the bar where we had our first date. But i am scared he will be too jet lagged for it.

• Author
heavenonearth
That puts a definite damper on things. I would suggest just doing something simple for now like buying him a card and telling him that you'll celebrate your anniversary on his birthday since he may very well be tired.

As for what you do for there, you could do something sexy like get a hotel room, something romantic like going out to dinner somewhere scenic like up in the mountains or near the ocean, or even something fun like a weekend camping trip. Whatever it is, you know him, his tastes, and your relationship better than we do. Don't over think it and just have fun. ;)

The problem is all these things are way too extravagant. We only have the city where we live at our disposal and i May be overthinking but i want it to be special. I don’t want it to be something anyone could throw together (for example, dinner at a restaurant is too average for me for this anniversary).

Btw he doesn’t like hotels.

• Author
heavenonearth
Steak, baked potato, his favorite vegetable... You can't go wrong with a home cooked meal.

You already have the cake.

Once he recovers from the jet-lag, then maybe dinner out at his favorite restaurant??

I wish i knew his favorite restaurant :o

I am a terrible cook but i am looking at recipes as we speak. I am a much better baker.

Romantic_Antics
those thingies for over his eyes

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Those thingies for over his eyes! Somebody call the paramedics. I think my sides just ruptured.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

I am a terrible cook but i am looking at recipes as we speak. I am a much better baker.

I prepare steaks on my "George Foreman" electric grill. Its really simple, I season them with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Wrap them in foil, cook 2.5 minutes and serve.

Baked potatoes I do in the microwave, wash them, stick a couple places with a fork and push the button for "Baked Potato" on the microwave.

Vegetable... open a can, put contents in microwave safe container, heat 90 seconds.

Dinner is served!!

In the end, men are simple creatures.

You'll do fine!!

Talk to him about any dating anniversary plans. Men rarely remember this stuff. The women go crazy, planning & yearning. The day comes, the guy did nothing & she gets really upset.

Dinner at home sounds lovely. You don't have to be an amazing cook. Look up the recipe for something called engagement chicken. It's super simple to make. I don't promise you it will cause him to give you a ring but he'll be grateful for a home-cooked meal after traveling. Serve it with a baked potato & some vegetable. Canned or frozen is fine. Have dinner by candlelight.

Save the card & the cake for the birthday.

CautiouslyOptimistic
I wish. He doesn’t have a bathtub.

I don’t have one either :(

Oh bummer :(. Maybe get a hotel room that has a jacuzzi tub? Let him sleep it off after a bath while you go out and shop or something? Otherwise, I suggest just a day of relaxation for him......jet lag totally sucks.

CautiouslyOptimistic
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Those thingies for over his eyes! Somebody call the paramedics. I think my sides just ruptured.

Get yer mind outta the gutter, RA ;). I meant the.....heck, I still can't think of the name.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming
.heck, I still can't think of the name.

I think they are called "sleep blinders"...

• Author
heavenonearth
I prepare steaks on my "George Foreman" electric grill. Its really simple, I season them with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Wrap them in foil, cook 2.5 minutes and serve.

Baked potatoes I do in the microwave, wash them, stick a couple places with a fork and push the button for "Baked Potato" on the microwave.

Vegetable... open a can, put contents in microwave safe container, heat 90 seconds.

Dinner is served!!

In the end, men are simple creatures.

You'll do fine!!

I don’t cook with meat (I am vegan) and he never eats meat when we are together. It would be a bit weird if i would cook meat for him now, although he does still eat meat from time to time.

I always feel very insecure when cooking for him because he is such an amazing cook and he makes the best dinners.

But i think in the end i will try to find a nice recipe and cook for him anyway.

I hope it will not go wrong.

CautiouslyOptimistic
I think they are called "sleep blinders"...

Yes, thank you, HL :)

• Author
heavenonearth
Talk to him about any dating anniversary plans. Men rarely remember this stuff. The women go crazy, planning & yearning. The day comes, the guy did nothing & she gets really upset.

Dinner at home sounds lovely. You don't have to be an amazing cook. Look up the recipe for something called engagement chicken. It's super simple to make. I don't promise you it will cause him to give you a ring but he'll be grateful for a home-cooked meal after traveling. Serve it with a baked potato & some vegetable. Canned or frozen is fine. Have dinner by candlelight.

Save the card & the cake for the birthday.

Well he does know it’s our anniversary. He is coming back on that day for exactly this reason ;)

He knows i have something planned because he knows i am the one and only romantic overlord or romance forever romance. Lol.

No i don’t think i will ever get a ring no matter what i cool. Haha.

Baked potatoes are a good idea!!!!!!!!.