I don t know if i should get into this relationship ?!?

Unhinged

Okay there is this guy and we are real good friends and he just said that he likes me but im not sure of what i feel so i said that i need time and we should take it slow... i didn t wanna hurt him but i don t wanna get into something that doesn t feel right ! What should i do??

Thanks in advance

Welcome to LS.... :)

If you're already good friends you know whether or not he's attractive to you on some level. If nada, save both of you the time and effort and decline.

IMO, if there was something there, his declaration of 'like' would've flipped a switch in you. Since it apparently hasn't, be straight about that and accept that this good friendship could be over. Don't use him or string him along while figuring it out or waffle to keep him in play as a supportive and loving friend because you don't want to lose that.

• Like 2

If you don't know, then it's probably not a good idea to get into it. Unless you feel comfortable about going on a date or two to see if there's something on your end - but that's unlikely given you've been friends for a while.

• Like 1

Talk to him about your concerns of ruining the friendship. Then go on a date with him. See if the romance of a few dates changes your opinion. A few dates does not a relationship make but since you care enough about him as a friend, give it a shot. Good people don't come along all that often. However, if you are hesitating because you just don't think if him that way, nip this in the bud rather than give him false hope.

It all boils down to the reasons for your hesitancy: fear vs lack of sexual attraction.

• Like 1

I tried this route....it never worked out. They get hurt no matter what you do or don't do.

• Like 1