Offer to pick her up on 1st date?

I met this woman online and we chatted for a bit before I suggested meeting up and asked around where she lives. I usually ask so I can figure out a place convenient for both of us. She said she'd enjoy that and gave me her exact address aside from the apartment number. Usually people will give me the town or tell me they're close to such and such.

Her place is right on my way to where I'm going to suggest. Would it be weird to offer to pick her up? I'm not sure what to make of the exact address.

Art_Critic

IMO, that is why she told you where she lived, while she didn't give you the apartment number she is letting you know she wants you t take the lead.

I would say, "I'm leaving it up to you if you want me to come pick you up or not, it being the first date. I understand some women would be careful about that until they know the person a little."

• Like 1
Simple Logic
I met this woman online and we chatted for a bit before I suggested meeting up and asked around where she lives. I usually ask so I can figure out a place convenient for both of us. She said she'd enjoy that and gave me her exact address aside from the apartment number. Usually people will give me the town or tell me they're close to such and such.

Her place is right on my way to where I'm going to suggest. Would it be weird to offer to pick her up? I'm not sure what to make of the exact address.

If a woman you met online offered to pick you up at your home would you think it’s was weird?

It's odd that she gave you her exact address but since you have it, you can offer to pick her up. If she has any sense she will decline. But she might say yes, because she already told you her exact address.

• Like 1
Ruby Slippers

When I was doing OLD, the man almost always offered to pick me up for the first meet... and were always understanding when I declined. If it was a great first date, we'd usually drop my car off at home on the way to the second spot and he'd take me home at the end of the date. It's much more fun and romantic that way :)

It's nice to offer!

CautiouslyOptimistic

I've been on a lot of online dates. The vast majority were arranged at a neutral location. Twice I've had someone from OLD pick me up at my home. The first time I was living in an apartment complex, same situation you described, and we had been talking for a while and also went to the same church (very large church, we didn't know each other). I believe he just texted me from the parking lot and I walked out to meet him. Second time we'd been talking for like 2 months daily on the phone and I totally trusted him. He picked me up from my home and came inside. His only mistake there was that he was like 30 minutes early. Don't do that!! :) We dated for 10 months.

I don't think it would be weird to offer, but don't get upset if she declines and would prefer to take her own transportation. I have had the offer and have declined. If the date goes well, we will sometimes take just one car to the next destination, but typically I'd rather have my own transportation those first few dates.

I'll do the same when planning. I don't expect an exact address but a defined location, major crossroads to help me determine a good place to go.

I don't think there is any harm in offering, but frankly if she agreed to let you, I'd be very concerned about her lack of common sense!

coolheadal

I do not see a problem with this because this has happen to me a few times. Go for it don't let that be a problem She trust you enough to give her exact location and APT #.. If you do go, bring one single rose that hasn't open (blossom) yet! Hide it behind your back. Then when she opens the door from her APT you say hi this is for you! Notice her reaction "a-smile", "b-odd look", "c-smile & come in with a bonus huge or maybe a small kiss')

Just be a gentleman and take the opportunity to offer her to be picked up. It’s not a big deal to do so.....jeeezz Louis

Lotsgoingon

First meeting after an online connection ... definitely works to just meet the person there.

You're screening each other ... your or she might want the meeting to end after ten minutes ... You don't want the awkwardness of having to drive the person home if you two have no real connection.

Save the pick-up for after you know you want to go out with her again ... that's later ...

The first in-person meeting isn't really like a traditional date ... it's more like a security check ... or a predate ...

Good luck.

Shining One
Just be a gentleman and take the opportunity to offer her to be picked up. It’s not a big deal to do so.....jeeezz Louis
You'd be surprised. I know some younger women who go into almost-panic mode when a guy offers to pick them up at home for the first meeting.
You'd be surprised. I know some younger women who go into almost-panic mode when a guy offers to pick them up at home for the first meeting.

I wouldn't "panic" per se, but I would definitely say "no thanks, I'll meet you there". IMO getting into a literal stranger's car (remember, this is OLD) is a really stupid thing to do. It's not brave or cool to take unnecessary risks like that, just plain senseless, but that's just my opinion.

• Author
I wouldn't "panic" per se, but I would definitely say "no thanks, I'll meet you there". IMO getting into a literal stranger's car (remember, this is OLD) is a really stupid thing to do. It's not brave or cool to take unnecessary risks like that, just plain senseless, but that's just my opinion.

Seems like the potential downside is much than the upside so I'm just going to meet her there.

• Like 1
Seems like the potential downside is much than the upside so I'm just going to meet her there.

Hey, I did specifically say that there's nothing wrong with you offering. Personally I wouldn't fault a man for doing so, I'd just say no. In fact, pretty much everyone here agrees that you wouldn't be at fault for offering.