Old Co-Worker...Do You Think He's Interested?

aca1284

Hi...I'm new to this site, it seems really cool so far!

Ok, so I need a little advice...

I worked with this guy on and off for about a year, we worked a good bit together the last month before I quit, well that was about 8 months ago, and one night I got to thinking about him and decided to e-mail him...in the e-mail I asked him the usual how've ya been questions and stuff and then I asked him if he remember the time that we were in a car with some other co-workers and he said to me "you like me, you know you do, so admit it"...and i was like whatever i do not and blew it off, so he e-mails me back and tells me how he's been and all that and then answers my question with "Oh, by the way. I knew you liked me. You still do. You want to come over and make sweet lovin to me right now. Admit it." I e-mailed him back once and he did the same but that's been a couple weeks ago and I haven't gotten one since!

So here's the advice I need...

I want to give him my number so he can call, but I'm not sure if he's that interested or if he's got a girlfriend now, in one of his e-mails he said "it's good to hear from you"!

So should I give him my number? and if so what should I say when I do?

What type of relationship did you have with him when you worked together? Were you two close or not?

• Author

The last few weeks before I quit we were working pretty close together, one time after we finished a job we went to a movie together but it was also with two other co-workers, we did sit by each other though (i was on the end, then him, then the other two)

We worked in Radio he was a DJ and I was a Promotions/Sales Assistant, he still works there.

I think you should just be up-front w/ him and put in your email:

How are you doing? I was just thinking about you and I thought it would be nice if we hang out together one of these days. If you are up for it call me and let me know (***-***-****). I much rather talk than type!!! Well I hope to hear from you soon.

This way it does not sound to forward but you still sound interested. The key word is NICE, it can work either way, as friends or more than that, it makes it sound casual. At least you will not be embarrassed id he does have a gf because you have not said anything bad.

• Author

I left something out in my first post, in the first e-mail I sent him when I asked if he remembered the situation I came out and bluntly told him "I DID Like Him"!

Was I too blunt in telling him that? Do you think if he was into me, he would have e-mailed back and asked for my number?

But I do really like him and wouldn't still be thinking about him almost a year after quitting my job if I didn't, so I really would like to give him my number so I at least know he has it if he wants to use it! And then after a few days if he didn't I'd leave it and him alone!

what kind of DJ is he? Could you call him up and ask him out on the air? If anything its original and ballsy... something any guy would like. I figure if you dont work with him, nor do you see him often... theres no harm is going for it. Either way you'll know. I'll be asking my respective problem causer myself tonight haha

• Author

He is a Radio DJ, but only works weekends...I can be ballsy but I don't think I could be that ballsy!

Oh Good Luck Tonight, Dasani!

• Author

Naive I took your advice and just sent him a e-mail like what you said...

I'm so scared now though, because I'm never this forward NEVER!...I'm just hoping he doesn't think I'm totally CRAZY!

But I'm not worried about him calling, either he will or won't, and I feel better getting it off my chest, I just don't want him thinking I'm crazy!

Thanks for the Advice!

The good thing is that you will not have it in your head that you never did anything about it. I bet you anything he will call :laugh::p;)

What in the world is going on with the smilies? :confused: Don't think I put those smilies on purpose.

• Author

Thanks blue16!

I know Naive those smilies can be crazy little buggers, popping up everywhere!

Thanks again for the advice, I'll keep y'all updated!

• Author

No e-mail back or call yet! :(

I've got two thoughts...

1. He just hasn't gotten my e-mail yet! :cool:

2. He thinks I'm being too pushy and isn't interested! :o

plus I guess he could have a girlfriend...if that's true or even if he's just not interested, I wish he'd just tell me!

Why can't guys just be honest?...I'd much rather you tell me flat out your not Interested than obsess over not knowing for sure!

Ok, I'll try and stop obsessing over this... dj_TJ2.jpg

Hi aca1284,

Do you think if he was into me, he would have e-mailed back and asked for my number?

Yes, you are right... if he was interested, he would have contacted you even soon after you quit. As a deejay, he seems to have a very outgoing personality. So I believe that he wouldn't be shy(?) to pursue a girl, and he certainly wouldn't have put off such a pursuit for eight months.

I came out and bluntly told him "I DID Like Him"!... Was I too blunt in telling him that?

I believe that he was playfully flirting with you... especially after you told him that you liked him. He knows he's good-looking, and he attracts the ladies... (he's popular, and well, he's not ugly in your pic, lol)... I say that getting you to think of him romantically, and to chase him, continues to fuel his ego.

You two seemed to have been just friendly co-workers. Like I said, he gets a lot of attention already from women. So he may not have felt obligated to respond promptly to each one, including you :( .

I agree with Naive's comment... I too am glad you emailed him, and now you've left the ball in his court. It's all up to him now to respond to you... you've done what you can at your end. Give him time... continue to email him whenever you feel like it...

Best wishes Amanda... I hope I helped but I know it not what you wanted to hear.

• Author

Hi Just Ed... :)

Thanks for the reply! Yes it may not be what I want to hear but it's your Honest opinion, and I'd much rather hear that than what someone thinks I want to hear!

Yeah I am glad I did e-mail him, but I'm going to leave it at that cause I don't want to fuel his ego anymore (it's already big enough)...If he calls sometime, cool...If not, oh well his loss!

Thanks Again,

Amanda