What do you say to ask a stranger out?

While at the park I saw someone playing tennis against the wall and I asked her if she wanted to play and got her number after. I was kind of surprised I was able to do it, but I even met up with her since then and played.

Today I was in line to buy food and there was someone extremely attractive who seemed really sweet and smart and my heart started beating quickly when she was standing by me. I asked her about what she was ordering and she just started going on and on and we ended up having a great conversation. At the end when my food was ready I didn't know what to say. I just said something like "I really enjoyed talking you" and got my food and left.

Unlike with tennis where I had an obvious activity what do you say to someone you meet just walking around? I just drew a complete blank today about how to get her number and actually get her on a date.

If conversation is flowing my usual and customary segue is 'I'd love to continue this conversation over dinner. How about tonight?'

Someone who's interested, even if busy tonight, will run with it. Seize the moment.

I've done this when hitting things off with a seat mate on an airline flight and then invite them to the airline club after we land for a couple drinks. No expectations, just fun. Whatever happens, happens.

• Like 1
coolheadal
While at the park I saw someone playing tennis against the wall and I asked her if she wanted to play and got her number after. I was kind of surprised I was able to do it, but I even met up with her since then and played.

Today I was in line to buy food and there was someone extremely attractive who seemed really sweet and smart and my heart started beating quickly when she was standing by me. I asked her about what she was ordering and she just started going on and on and we ended up having a great conversation. At the end when my food was ready I didn't know what to say. I just said something like "I really enjoyed talking you" and got my food and left.

Unlike with tennis where I had an obvious activity what do you say to someone you meet just walking around? I just drew a complete blank today about how to get her number and actually get her on a date.

Just go for it. But if they're looking and smiling and enjoy your company then you can go for it. I would ask them one thing though. Come-up with something like:

I guess our boyfriend or husband enjoy's playing tennis with you as much as I have done with you!

You need to know if they are seeing someone or has a husband. I did the same thing you did at supermarket once. The woman gave me her number and facebook account. I had found out she was married and said oh sorry I didn't know you were married she said it's okay!

I move on.. But you need to know what's their status?

Good point, many are married and most I ran into were. Still, it was easy. Married women are pros.

'I'd love to but I don't think my husband would approve' (wink)

Of course, married people back when I was young usually wore wedding rings so that went without saying. The same process applied to LTR folks. I used to get all bent up in rules and stuff but finally relaxed and left it up to the lady to reveal her relationship status. It was dinner, not a marriage proposal ;)

coolheadal
Good point, many are married and most I ran into were. Still, it was easy. Married women are pros.

'I'd love to but I don't think my husband would approve' (wink)

Of course, married people back when I was young usually wore wedding rings so that went without saying. The same process applied to LTR folks. I used to get all bent up in rules and stuff but finally relaxed and left it up to the lady to reveal her relationship status. It was dinner, not a marriage proposal ;)

Yeah but I found out one woman I was seeing had been married. She felt she could cheat and being married was just a piece of paper. No that didn't go down with me. Excuses why she didn't divorce yet. No wedding ring. This is her 3rd time around being married twice and did the same thing with her first husband. She told me she was in love with me and I was different than any man she had. I didn't jump into sex or bed. I don't do that I take it slow and easy. What a good thing she was married I hit the brakes!

She would never let me go I finally pushed her away she's on the next guy now.. Good luck being married and with another guy. I am done and free. Well some what..

You can asked women out but you need to know if there is another man around. They will lie and cheat and keep you on the fence. I met a woman from Work about 1 year ago. I asked her would you like to go out for breakfast. She accepted! We use two different vehicles to get there. We had a blast. Today I with her still. That's another story to tell...

Oh, yeah, definitely dated a couple married ladies, one engaged lady and a number who had ambiguous relationships. Part of life in my demographic where men didn't wait for a woman to be single to snap her up. The least bobble in the relationship, even if ostensible cheating, the guys would descend like bees on a flower. Guys like myself waiting around for ink on the divorce papers or clear sailing with no guys around sat on our hands for years. Hence I learned to... be attractive and don't be unattractive and mating is war ;)

• Author
If conversation is flowing my usual and customary segue is 'I'd love to continue this conversation over dinner. How about tonight?'

Someone who's interested, even if busy tonight, will run with it. Seize the moment.

I've done this when hitting things off with a seat mate on an airline flight and then invite them to the airline club after we land for a couple drinks. No expectations, just fun. Whatever happens, happens.

Sounds like a good way to approach it.

After commenting about how I've enjoyed the conversation what about asking her for number to set something up?

"Hi I'm ___ by the way, nice to meet you. Say, you would you like to go out sometime?"

Tip: don't over think it.

I was never the guy that could walk up to a stranger and smooth my way to getting a number. My buddy is a master at it and I do say it's impressive. Heck my wife is impressed with his style.

I have seen my wife hit on countless times and obviously they know by her wedding band she is married they just don't care. I've been standing right next to her she gets hit on. That is a real element of bold.