How do I escape my boyfriend

Escape719

Been with boyfriend for over 5 years but never lived with him. He has had issues with financial honesty to me over the years which has led to a few breakups. He kept saying to me after our last breakup (last May) that he wants to marry me (soon), etc. The last straw was for me 10 days ago with another lie so I told him I'm sorry but can't take it anymore (especially if he is thinking marriage). It's too hard to be with someone you can't trust despite their best efforts to improve (and he has tried in some respects). After less than 24 hours, he texted me and told me we belonged together and should forget about the bad things we said to each other the day before when I told him I was breaking up with him. He is very dependent on me for his emotional needs (almost seems to be "addicted" to me). He tells me I am not ready for commitment in a relationship and I'm breaking up with him now b/c of the upcoming holiday and my sister's wedding in May(when he would meet the rest of my family). He also told me I'd never find another man, much less one that loves me as much as him and I had a pretty face but I should stop touching a blemish on my face. He said we break up but always reconcile (which has been true in the past) but I really can't take it anymore. How do I break free emotionally and physically?

Step 1 would be to block him on all communication/social media.

If you're done with him, then be done with him. He'll figure out where to get his emotional fix--you don't need to let him down gently on this.

If he starts harassing you, stalking you, showing up unannounced, then you need to call the police and look into swearing out a PRO to show him you mean business when you tell him to leave you alone.

• Like 2

You go to a women's counselling centre and get some counselling. You need help to understand why you have stayed in this relationship for so long and how to leave an emotionally abusive boyfriend.

Educate yourself and get some support. Then, you will be wondering not how to leave, but why you stayed so long...

• Like 2

What did he do that finally broke the camel's back?

This all depends upon how strong in your resolve for this to be over with is. He thinks he knows you better than you know yourself and that's why he's saying that you'll come back.

But this talking about how pretty you are, to me, is menacing---meaning he may be flirting with fantasies of injuring your face.

You will find someone else who will love you in a manner that more closely aligns with your life plans and views.

You are capable of commitment with the right man. He's not the right one and that's why he has to go.

• Like 1

ALWAYS be weary of a man who tries to tell you what you are thinking.

He doesn't know what you are thinking. He knows what he WANTS you to think. He may THINK that he knows what you are thinking. But, he doesn't actually know what you are thinking.

This is the classic behavior of an emotional abuser. He says these things out loud in the hope that you will believe them and he will maintain control.

He needs to understand that are a grown woman, capable of directing your own life and making your own decisions. It's time to prove him wrong, now.

• Like 1

If he claims to want to kill himself, contact his family and leave it up to them to deal with it.

• Like 2

I agree. When they start threatening suicide it's best to call their family and let them handle it. If you don't they will never forgive you if the worse happens. If you want to move on you have to make up your mind and do it. Block him, avoid him at all costs and stay that way. He will get the message sooner or later.