Post-clubbing depression

Loveydovey101

Loveydovey101

I’m gay and i went to a gay club last night, pretty much alone. I danced my ass off and had an amazing time. The entire time there was a guy with his friend near me and we kept making eye contact and always ended up near eachother. Finally towards the end of the night he said hi and we talked and danced and it is like my favorite memory ever. We exchanged numbers and are seeing eachother tomorrow however I’m scared because I know it’s gonna hurt. He’s just visiting and lives 6 hours away and won’t be coming back till next fall for school. Like i know it’s nothing serious but it sucks to finally hit it off with someone, then to have it be a memory. This has left me sort of sad and feeling like I just wanna get back into the club and dance it off again. Any advice on life.

Happy Lemming

First off, I'm not gay, but is there a rule that you can't go out on a date and just have fun.

Go out, have fun and just enjoy yourself. Take some pictures, make some memories and laugh!! Doesn't that sound like a great time...

Contact him when he gets back in the fall and see if he wants to continue where you left off.

• Like 2

Not much I can say, other than sometimes these people who you hit it off with massively get thrown into your life for a reason. You'll learn something about yourself by having danced and gone to see this person - you've found something you like.

Besides, it's not just a memory. He has a contact for when he comes back for school. Next fall is 6 months away - I've gone without contacting people for far longer but still remained friends. Embrace it and enjoy!

Aww... don't feel so bad... :)

Isn't it great you met someone with whom you hit it off?

That means you will meet others like that too. Go out and have fun and stay in touch. If neither of you have met anyone else by the time he is back in fall you can go out again :)

Don't worry too much. Life is short, don't waste it worrying.

• Like 1

Enjoy the moments you get. Stop looking at the glass as half empty. You can have fun right now even if it doesn't develop into happily ever after for the rest of your life.

CautiouslyOptimistic
First off, I'm not gay, but is there a rule that you can't go out on a date and just have fun.

I think you meant that there is NO rule :).

And, I agree. Just have fun! You sound young so are probably quite adept at social media, which is a great way to keep in touch after he leaves!

• Like 2