OLD question for the board....lol

Bobbyb82

If a girl ask you a question, or two, then based on your answers she tries to immediately disqualify herself from dating/seeing you. Then obviously doesn't take the out, and dives in deeper in conversation and talking about possible future plans....is that some kind of red flag? It's almost like shes trying to use that to make me invest more really quick....or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
If a girl ask you a question, or two, then based on your answers she tries to immediately disqualify herself from dating/seeing you. Then obviously doesn't take the out, and dives in deeper in conversation and talking about possible future plans....is that some kind of red flag? It's almost like shes trying to use that to make me invest more really quick....or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Ok, we're going to need some facts. Mind sharing? Otherwise...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 5
Happy Lemming

If she is still talking to me, then I'm going to assume she is interested.

If she shuts down, or lets the conversation drop off, then I'm going to assume she is not interested.

Often people get nervous and sometimes talk about the future when its inappropriate. I won't discount a woman for that.

Dating can be hard and some people are good at it and some are not. Unless she starts throwing out names for the children you are going to have together, let the "future talk" go in one ear and out the other. Give a generic response or just nod and change the subject.

• Like 1

If she says something about not wanting to date you but continues to talk to you, she may find you to be an interesting conversationalist who doesn't turn her on.

• Like 1
Romantic_Antics

You just posted this today so it's a new question, not an old one. :p

• Author
If she says something about not wanting to date you but continues to talk to you, she may find you to be an interesting conversationalist who doesn't turn her on.

No, it's more in the initial conversation phase. One of them was a "what do you do for a living?" I answered and she says I swore to myself I'd never date another one of those... Then tells me that her previous experience with someone that owns a similar business as me was that she was more of a business transaction... Came of strong about it, I calmly played it off and joked about it. She kept going back to it, it was like she was asking me to qualify myself as to why I'd be different than him. I mean we haven't even met yet, I could take it or leave it at this point. But she called me twice yesterday asking me how I was doing, and hinted at me not returning a text....I was doing yard work outside. I've been "talking" to this girl for a couple of days. I've only had one other experience where the girl acted this way, and it was online as well. Just one more thing...she also told me on the phone that she's sure I'm used to women "falling over themselves" for me, but that she's "not that easy". Sorry I know I'm rambling, but I'm in a rush. It's nothing that important, just wanted to see if this was a certain type of girl, or just a regular girl who may have been burned in the past...

• Author
Examples? Need examples. Specific ones.

I've seen where you've had frustrations with dating or old...maybe you have some insight.

She may have told herself that she has sworn off men in your profession but clearly there is something you all have in common & she's attracted to that. Just ask her on a date & by your actions demonstrate that you are a good guy.

CautiouslyOptimistic
No, it's more in the initial conversation phase. One of them was a "what do you do for a living?" I answered and she says I swore to myself I'd never date another one of those... Then tells me that her previous experience with someone that owns a similar business as me was that she was more of a business transaction... Came of strong about it, I calmly played it off and joked about it. She kept going back to it, it was like she was asking me to qualify myself as to why I'd be different than him. I mean we haven't even met yet, I could take it or leave it at this point. But she called me twice yesterday asking me how I was doing, and hinted at me not returning a text....I was doing yard work outside. I've been "talking" to this girl for a couple of days. I've only had one other experience where the girl acted this way, and it was online as well. Just one more thing...she also told me on the phone that she's sure I'm used to women "falling over themselves" for me, but that she's "not that easy". Sorry I know I'm rambling, but I'm in a rush. It's nothing that important, just wanted to see if this was a certain type of girl, or just a regular girl who may have been burned in the past...

Doesn't sound to me like she's sworn you off.

I've vowed to never date a man with the first name of my ex. However, I still did once lol.

PegNosePete

There's no sense over-thinking this. She's either interested or she isn't. Tell her you'd like to carry on the conversation in person.

If she says OK, set a date.

If she balks or makes excuses or dodges, move on.

• Like 2