Is this a good idea?

Lorenza

I'd like to liberate myself a little bit. It feels like I've been stiff and uptight for a really long time and would like to feel some excitement. But I'm really not the kind of woman to have casual sex and I'm not looking for a relationship either. I've been thinking about going on dates with some guys I find attractive and trying to get flirty/make out with them. You know, just to get myself going and melt the ice.

Do you think it's a good idea?

• Like 1
Versacehottie

Why not? Just remember you will have to be more on top of things so that you don't hurt someone. It's just good karma. Be clear about your goal or lack of wanting a relationship and then if you sense that they are getting too close, for their sake and your good karma, it's time to bail. Good luck.

I think this is a good plan for you for some reason. I have no idea why but I think something good will come out of it for you.

• Like 1

L, I tried that. It failed miserably :D I thought I'd have an ONS or casual relationship or something... And fell SOOOO badly for the guy you have no idea. He's in my thoughts every day&night from 3 months, nothing like casual that I thought it would be.

But anyway, this was the best failed try in my life. I've never felt so loved and in love:)

Sooooo..... Why not try it and see where it goes for you :)?

I'd like to liberate myself a little bit. It feels like I've been stiff and uptight for a really long time and would like to feel some excitement. But I'm really not the kind of woman to have casual sex and I'm not looking for a relationship either. I've been thinking about going on dates with some guys I find attractive and trying to get flirty/make out with them. You know, just to get myself going and melt the ice.

Do you think it's a good idea?

• Like 3
  • Author
Why not? Just remember you will have to be more on top of things so that you don't hurt someone. It's just good karma. Be clear about your goal or lack of wanting a relationship and then if you sense that they are getting too close, for their sake and your good karma, it's time to bail. Good luck.

I think this is a good plan for you for some reason. I have no idea why but I think something good will come out of it for you.

Yes, I think I will straight away just say that I'd like to meet up and have a fun night out, without any intentions of meeting again or developing anything further.

I've seen passers by on Tinder who are just looking for company to go out while they're visiting my city.

I hope this will get me out of my frigid shell :D

• Like 1

Why not just go out into town with your girl-friends and have fun flirting with guys you'll come across. I find it safer than to play online, hoping the men you're meeting will be ok with just flirting and some kissing. Men that don't want relationship and are willing to take a woman out on a date expect something.

• Like 4
Yes, I think I will straight away just say that I'd like to meet up and have a fun night out, without any intentions of meeting again or developing anything further.

I've seen passers by on Tinder who are just looking for company to go out while they're visiting my city.

I hope this will get me out of my frigid shell :D

be careful, they may think you're a hooker

• Like 1
  • Author
Why not just go out into town with your girl-friends and have fun flirting with guys you'll come across. I find it safer than to play online, hoping the men you're meeting will be ok with just flirting and some kissing. Men that don't want relationship and are willing to take a woman out on a date expect something.

I've seen a lot of profiles where guys are just looking to meet someone and go out, no strings attached. They won't be paying for me.

My girlfriends are such homebodies. None of them go out to dance

I've seen a lot of profiles where guys are just looking to meet someone and go out, no strings attached. They won't be paying for me.

My girlfriends are such homebodies. None of them go out to dance

Just be very careful.

I saw meet up groups that get together and go clubbing.

See, I think that while it does sound like a fun idea, you saying the above might indeed be misconstrued for wanting a ONS, while it seems like in reality you are not sure you want to go that far. So I will join those advising to be cautious and maybe suss out the potential dates via a few messages, or at least meet for something like coffee first. If you don't feel it, or don't feel safe, you can leave with no hurt feelings. Be safe and have fun!!
  • Like 1

Be careful if you do this bc the guy will probably end up falling for you hard. There is a stereotype that this casual/one night set up would be any guy's dream but from listening to my male friends (who always fall for the "one night" girl) and reading these forums I learned that is all talk haha Maybe bc the girl becomes a challenge if she is not interested in hanging out after sex...?

Anyway, Good Luck and be safe :)

• Like 1
  • Author

Well, wish me luck I booked in a date tonight, will see if I'm able to relax and be flirty and if it's gonna end up with anything more exciting. The guy is a local, they're almost never a dangerous kind :D

Well, wish me luck I booked in a date tonight, will see if I'm able to relax and be flirty and if it's gonna end up with anything more exciting. The guy is a local, they're almost never a dangerous kind :D

What would you qualify *anything exciting* ?

Please be safe, the serial killers are always the good neighbor that would never hurt a fly.

• Like 1
  • Author
What would you qualify *anything exciting* ?

Please be safe, the serial killers are always the good neighbor that would never hurt a fly.

You know, something more than just a conversation, some French kisses at least :D

I went out with the guy tonight, but nothing happened. He was too shy even though his profile was oozing confidence and cheeky vibes. Totally misleading!